Teams Houston Texans - Battle Red

Remove this Banner Ad

1) Neither of those two were known as being the most stable, rational people ( for various reasons)
2) A receiver doing it mostly effects only them. A QB doing it affects almost the entire roster

I'm not disputing that it would probably be effective, just that it's kinda a dick move

No arguements here.

Id suggest if the coaching staff keeps Watson in taking snaps having passes sail out of bounds that's on them tho. 🤗

No arguements here.

Id suggest if the coaching staff keeps Watson in taking snaps having passes sail out of bounds that's on them tho. 🤗
It wouldnt happen also because a professional like Watson wouldnt be a dick to his teammates etc by doing that, hed just want a trade out so everyone can move on and players can focus on playing well, getting contracts etc.

It wouldnt happen also because a professional like Watson wouldnt be a dick to his teammates etc by doing that, hed just want a trade out so everyone can move on and players can focus on playing well, getting contracts etc.

I'm not suggesting it will happen, I'm saying it should. Houston is a full blown circus , would be perfect.

David Johnson has agreed to a restructured contract for 2021.
Originally due $7.95 million, Johnson has reduced his base contract but agreed to an increase in guaranteed money. He will bring home $4.25 million, with another $1.75 million possible through incentives. It's not a bad deal for a 29-year-old back who mostly struggled last season before finishing stronger down the stretch. With Duke Johnson all but certain to walk in free agency, David could have a more locked-in three-down role in 2021. The next question becomes who will be his quarterback. Johnson should be regarded as a low-end RB2 in early-spring fantasy drafts. The ceiling just isn't there anymore.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 2, 2021, 3:04 PM ET

I can't recall ever hearing about the player who blew his brains out minutes after realizing he had killied his best friend in a drunk driving accident on the motorstate, incredibly sad.

No chance, imagine the bad blood between agents and players to the franchise if they did that.

If they did then you could kiss any chance of winning for the next 10+ years away. No to mention fans, who would bother turning up to a texans game when they are a prolonged basket case.

No holdout has lasted more than a season. Either player lasts whole year out with no pay and gets eventually traded or comes back to team early. So there’ll be no “fining the s**t out of him for next few years”. But club could certainly decide to hold firm for next season.

Florio setting Peter King straight....was an amusing conversation, you can tell hat he wanted to call King an Easterby sucker..😂

Mitchell is nothing more than a short-term bandaid starter for the Texans' suspect secondary. Last year, Houston ranked 30th in passing EPA despite having the 11th-best adjusted sack rate. New defensive coordinator Love Smith will be transitioning the defense from single-high to two-high this offseason.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 16, 2021, 8:20 PM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought I'd look up some fan rage and reaction to all these "exciting" signings and I cant find one. Some genuinely think the Texans have done really well though.

A fanbase in denial or absolutely clueless when it comes to other teams players. 😂

Thought I'd look up some fan rage and reaction to all these "exciting" signings and I cant find one. Some genuinely think the Texans have done really well though.

A fanbase in denial or absolutely clueless when it comes to other teams players. 😂
If the Texans fans on Football's Future is anything to go by, the smart ones have basically become disillusioned so won't give you any rage, so it only leaves the homers and casuals to actively engage on social media/Reddit etc

Last edited:
Looking forward to Oil Crisis Part 2: Dry Ring.

What a period they are having. Boy oh boy.

Has to be one of either a) no players want to go there at all or b) fully blown tanking coz no draft picks this year.

I'll be surprised if they win a game the way things are shaping up. The roster is going to be XFL like.

Has to be one of either a) no players want to go there at all or b) fully blown tanking coz no draft picks.

Likely a bit of both, but A has to be a strong common feeling amongst the players.

Texans general manager Nick Caserio refused to address Deshaun Watson's trade availability or legal matters.
The always-prickly Caserio rebuffed reporters' questions about Houston's franchise QB, who has reportedly said he won't play for the Texans and faces more than 20 accusations of sexual misconduct. "If you want to speculate, you should probably go buy Bitcoin, focus on that," Caserio said during Friday's press conference. Caserio wrote off the rocky start to his tenure as the team's general manager, pointing out there are people on earth with worse problems. He said he's trying to "put the best team together possible." The Texans, as of today, have arguably the worst roster in the NFL after a series of baffling free agency signings. Journeyman Tyrod Taylor, meanwhile, is on pace to start the season as Houston's QB.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Apr 16, 2021, 12:10 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back