How about an AFL coaching game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 26, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
OKC, Coburg, Werribee, Storm, QPR
Came up with some thoughts today for an AFL game. If it is a simulated coaching game, we won't really need to worry about unattractive play/scoring. Here are the basic steps I have constructed:

AFL Club Coach

1. You create a profile and a face and the like. You will also fill in information that will help personalise your experience.
2. You complete university to become a sports teacher. 12 football schools approach you. Schools include PEGS, St Pats, Assumption, EKC, Scotch, St Kevin’s, Melbourne Grammar, Marcellin, Xavier, Hallam Senior, Sacred Heart and (another team to be decided on) play off for the School Shield. You can approach the principal and ask him to award a scholarship to your school which the player can take or leave.
3. You are asked to coach a TAC Cup team (picked from your school) and your team plays in the TAC Cup
4. Midway through the season you offered a job from a NSW/QLD club. You have to decide at the end of the season, but some more teams from other states offer better deals. You are urged to take a deal by the end of the season.
5. You coach a season and if you are successful you will get around 4 coaching deals at AFL clubs. If you are less successful you will receive less deals and if you are even less successful you will receive no deals and continue coaching your state league team.
6. If you progress to AFL level, you will be able to trade players at the end of the year from the league trademarket and pick at the National Draft. Online trademarkets may become a thing for the game.

The schools aren't set in stone, they were the first I could think of. How does it sound

Came up with some thoughts today for an AFL game. If it is a simulated coaching game, we won't really need to worry about unattractive play/scoring. Here are the basic steps I have constructed:

AFL Club Coach

1. You create a profile and a face and the like. You will also fill in information that will help personalise your experience.
2. You complete university to become a sports teacher. 12 football schools approach you. Schools include PEGS, St Pats, Assumption, EKC, Scotch, St Kevin’s, Melbourne Grammar, Marcellin, Xavier, Hallam Senior, Sacred Heart and (another team to be decided on) play off for the School Shield. You can approach the principal and ask him to award a scholarship to your school which the player can take or leave.
3. You are asked to coach a TAC Cup team (picked from your school) and your team plays in the TAC Cup
4. Midway through the season you offered a job from a NSW/QLD club. You have to decide at the end of the season, but some more teams from other states offer better deals. You are urged to take a deal by the end of the season.
5. You coach a season and if you are successful you will get around 4 coaching deals at AFL clubs. If you are less successful you will receive less deals and if you are even less successful you will receive no deals and continue coaching your state league team.
6. If you progress to AFL level, you will be able to trade players at the end of the year from the league trademarket and pick at the National Draft. Online trademarkets may become a thing for the game.

The schools aren't set in stone, they were the first I could think of. How does it sound
Sounds awesome. Are you making it?

Sounds awesome. Are you making it?
More or less an idea, but as it involves no live gameplay, it shouldn't be too hard to make with the right resources.
I am making some graphics like jumpers, though. I have started with the schools eg:
upload_2016-2-23_19-55-48.png
(PEGS obviously)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back