How about that man JT?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 22, 2001
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Swifts, Arsenal, Ducks
Well done to Jason Taylor for breaking the record for most points scored!! And to do it as part of a magnificent 62-0 win over the Cowboys was even sweeter :) Onya JT - and go you Eels! (not too bad for a side with one less man after 30 minutes!)

Yes, good on JT! I wonder how long that record will stand for now? Take a fair bit to beat it!

I also watched this game on Foxtel - the 62-0 scoreline did make it a little tedious to watch.

The 60 points scored in the Storm / Broncos match made for much better viewing.

The hippie, only when the Swans and spirit no longer exist ;-)

As much as I am an Eels supporter, they are still only my THIRD team (and I still manage to go to more than half the home games... amazing. where DO my weekends go??)

LOL, I was only having a go at the redandwhite bit 'cause I'm a Roos man, you know rivalry and all.:D

They've got a good chance this year, the Eels. Just hope they can maintain the intensity, they've been 'up' a long time. Don't want them to have a slump at the wrong end of the year. It's a pity the Broncos have so many injuries, Parra have a very good record against them, but every other side in the comp struggles against Brisbane. With all their injuries they don't have that invincability anymore, I'd have loved to see a Eels v Broncos GF.

Originally posted by The Hippie
LOL, I was only having a go at the redandwhite bit 'cause I'm a Roos man, you know rivalry and all.:D

They've got a good chance this year, the Eels. Just hope they can maintain the intensity, they've been 'up' a long time. Don't want them to have a slump at the wrong end of the year. It's a pity the Broncos have so many injuries, Parra have a very good record against them, but every other side in the comp struggles against Brisbane. With all their injuries they don't have that invincability anymore, I'd have loved to see a Eels v Broncos GF.

Yeah I thought I saw on another one of your posts that you were a scum, I mean, Roos supporter (;-) just kidding mate) - You coming to the game on sat? Should be a beauty.

I'm just afraid to hope for too much for hte Parra boys this year... The finals are always a bit of an up and down time for us. If we win teh first week, having a week off and going into the prelim final, we might not have to face brisbane until the grannie - they are always dangerous.

Nah mate, I live near Wagga and work weekends as well, not a good combination for a footy lover of any code. It would be a good weekend to have off, with the Roos playing in Sydney as well.

Well, Des, good result for you blokes. Pleased I couldn't make that shellacking. Thank Christ the Eels are winning, taking some of the pain away. (although not much) :(

hippie, thanks for your gracious remarks. As you might imagine, I'm well chuffed with my teams' performances lately.. Swans, Eels, The Wallabies (last week in SAF notwithstanding), Aussie cricketers and swimmers, and hoepfully another Ferrari championship in the F1s.

I'm waiting for a BIG let-down soon :D hopefully that won't be for a while!

Did you read any papers over the weekend that said Souths are going to approach Taylor and try to talk him out of retirement, Des? I reckon he's in such good form Parra should offer him another contract and keep him there.

It would be interesting to see what his decision would be if the Eels take it out; retire on the highest possible note or go on again because his form is OK.

Hippie, No I didn't see that one!! very interesting indeed! That's the eternal dilemma isn't it? The worst thing you can do is overstay your welcome... I reckon he might hang the boots up after this year - but I wouldn't ever discount the effect large sums of money can do to a man's resolve.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back