How are our kids looking now.

Remove this Banner Ad

21 players 21.5 years and under!

J Daicos and Lynch the only 22 year olds.

Chugg Keane Murphy
Ruscoe Tohill Quaynor
Daicos Bianco Poulter
Daicos Kelly McCreery
Begg McMahon Henry

Lynch McInnes Macrea

Ginnivan T Brown Rantall Faye

Sub:
Dib

As you would expect but the kids stood up about as much as anyone could hope for.
Typical media sensationalism but the core message is correct, we recruited well with what chips we had and it seems to be starting to bear fruit.

Gievn we were prepared to match a Reef bid before taking either of Macrae/Henry, it might not be too optimistic to think he goes pretty well too. Fingers crossed.

Our midfield could look very different next year if De Goey is near full-time mid, Maynard moves into the midfield group, Macrae, Reef and Daicos x 2 are in there…

Gievn we were prepared to match a Reef bid before taking either of Macrae/Henry, it might not be too optimistic to think he goes pretty well too. Fingers crossed.

Our midfield could look very different next year if De Goey is near full-time mid, Maynard moves into the midfield group, Macrae, Reef and Daicos x 2 are in there…
With the whole texting drama explaining why Sier has been closed down by the club there is a clear path for Reef too.

With the whole texting drama explaining why Sier has been closed down by the club there is a clear path for Reef too.

Possibly but I think it’s been pretty clear for a while that Sier was never going to be a roadblock to selection for any of the new draftees. The club doesn’t view him as having paid his dues or warranted a regular game.

Possibly but I think it’s been pretty clear for a while that Sier was never going to be a roadblock to selection for any of the new draftees. The club doesn’t view him as having paid his dues or warranted a regular game.
Oh no argument there, this seems like it's all of a piece with his past general behavior and no surprise to the club. But it's certainly put a finish to his career at the pies and opened up that big midfielder position NOW.

B: Quaynor, Keane, Noble
HB: Ruscoe, Moore, Maynard
C: Macrae, McInness, Poulter
HF: Johnson, McMahon, N Daicos
F: Henry, Cameron, McCreery
Fol: Grundy, De Goey, J Daicos
Int: Bianco, Ginnivan, Wilson, T Brown
You’re throwin’ disrespect at Nick Daicos and Trent Bianco there.

These two will be Batman & Robin of the centre square for the next 10-15 years. Grundy will be licking his lips moving from Pendles, Treloar & Adams to Daicos, Bianco and Adams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh no argument there, this seems like it's all of a piece with his past general behavior and no surprise to the club. But it's certainly put a finish to his career at the pies and opened up that big midfielder position NOW.
I think there’s quite a bit of extrapolation going on.

1. We don’t have the context for the screenshotted conversation.
2. We don’t know when it occurred or what the club’s response was.
3. There is no evidence that his poor prior behaviour extends beyond playing basketball when he wasn’t meant to, and lying about it.
4. While his days appear numbered at Collingwood, it’s unknown whether this “recent” exchange had any impact on it at all. The AFLPA would likely have plenty to say if Sier was sanctioned in any way without sufficient evidence.

I think there’s quite a bit of extrapolation going on.

1. We don’t have the context for the screenshotted conversation.
2. We don’t know when it occurred or what the club’s response was.
3. There is no evidence that his poor prior behaviour extends beyond playing basketball when he wasn’t meant to, and lying about it.
4. While his days appear numbered at Collingwood, it’s unknown whether this “recent” exchange had any impact on it at all. The AFLPA would likely have plenty to say if Sier was sanctioned in any way without sufficient evidence.
As I said 'seems' - none of us know the meat of the matter and it wouldn't be the first time a sports star was setup.
Neverthess something certainly happened and regardless of his youth or the matter of guilt or innocence every single recruit is lectured endlessly on exposing the club or the game to such action.
I'm certainly not outright condemning him but he has failed to uphold his responsibilities in this matter and I think it likely that he hasn't heard the last of this.

You’re throwin’ disrespect at Nick Daicos and Trent Bianco there.

These two will be Batman & Robin of the centre square for the next 10-15 years. Grundy will be licking his lips moving from Pendles, Treloar & Adams to Daicos, Bianco and Adams.

Fair on Nick Daicos, the intent above was that he could change into the middle (maybe with his brother), but I'd possibly push him to a wing. From the very little I have seen of him, I think he will end up being an outside-ish link player rather than an inside player, and we've got a couple of other good wing options in Poulter and Macrae.

I'm not in the same place on Bianco as many on this board - I don't think he will become a gun, but probably a solid contributor as a second tier midfielder.

Fair on Nick Daicos, the intent above was that he could change into the middle (maybe with his brother), but I'd possibly push him to a wing. From the very little I have seen of him, I think he will end up being an outside-ish link player rather than an inside player, and we've got a couple of other good wing options in Poulter and Macrae.

I'm not in the same place on Bianco as many on this board - I don't think he will become a gun, but probably a solid contributor as a second tier midfielder.
I’m just playin’. Nick Daicos - I can’t comment on, I haven’t seen his style to understand where/how he’ll play. From all reports, he’s the greatest thing since sliced bread, so assuming he’ll be in the guts.

Re Bianco, I’m so far sold on him, I rate him as the pick of the bunch who’ve debuted. He reminds me of Pendlebury in the way he makes the right decisions 99% of the time and his disposal (this weekend aside) has been top notch. I remember in just his second game, before we got our $&@t together with delivery inside 50, him placing it right into space for De Goey to lead to and mark with ease. Just knows how to play the game and has me the most excited once he adds some kgs and builds his tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back