Wells rips Eagles a new angus at the trade table. is there a doctor in the house?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure we would too but I doubt it comes to that , why would you blokes piss a draft pick or 2 up the wall for spite ?

It usually doesn't come to that. But it also doesn't work out that a player noms a team and that team offers well unders and the AFL sign it off.

This issue falls under mental health and the AFL are going to be looking at it very closely. Geelong have done zero wrong. They recruited a player that turned out to be a gun but due to his family situation he wants to go home. There is no way the AFL is going to let Geelong be shafted in a deal.

It usually doesn't come to that. But it also doesn't work out that a player noms a team and that team offers well unders and the AFL sign it off.

This issue falls under mental health and the AFL are going to be looking at it very closely. Geelong have done zero wrong. They recruited a player that turned out to be a gun but due to his family situation he wants to go home. There is no way the AFL is going to let Geelong be shafted in a deal.
You'll get done over well and good.

So the AFL is going to set Kelly's draft value and force WC or Freo to pay up ?

No ones done anything wrong have they ?

We have dug ourselves out of a pretty deep hole by getting some value trades and keeping a decent draft hand at the same time so I would imagine a 1st rounder and pick a vic lad would be about our top offer

So you would rather send him to the draft than get say pick 11 and someone like Cerra ?

Seems silly to me but you guys seem very emotional about this one

So the AFL is going to set Kelly's draft value and force WC or Freo to pay up ?

No ones done anything wrong have they ?

We have dug ourselves out of a pretty deep hole by getting some value trades and keeping a decent draft hand at the same time so I would imagine a 1st rounder and pick a vic lad would be about our top offer

So you would rather send him to the draft than get say pick 11 and someone like Cerra ?

Seems silly to me but you guys seem very emotional about this one

Not at all.

I would think 11 and Cerra would be fair.

It's the Eagles saying we'll have no choice but to take what they offered last year. That is what I am talking about re unders .

Playing some good footy you blokes , no doubt

Make sure your team of old crocks remember their screw in ugg boots when they come to Perth , the ground might be a bit to hard for their arthritic legs otherwise
Don’t we have a younger on average team than you tho?

Doubt it we only have old Mundy over 30 and you blokes have a few more than that
Difference being all ours besides Harry are in AA form.

Difference being all ours besides Harry are in AA form.

You blokes have got ' Freo 2015 ' written all over you , dominated the first half of the year then the bones started creaking , the injuries started mounting and by finals time it had all turned to crap

Not at all.

I would think 11 and Cerra would be fair.

It's the Eagles saying we'll have no choice but to take what they offered last year. That is what I am talking about re unders .

Sean Darcy is on the Cats wish list & by seasons end the equation will be Kelly plus plus for Darcy & the Cats wont be able to afford it.

Let Dennis Cometti help any disbelievers:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/de...-should-have-fremantle-excited-ng-b881233138z
... 21-year-old Sean Darcy.

The last time I saw Darcy on a football field he was limping off Claremont Oval in mid-May, disconsolate with a serious ankle injury.

Yet there he was on Saturday, not having played a game since, mixing it with the best ruck combo in the AFL, Port Adelaide’s Paddy Ryder and Scott Lycett.

In 2017 Darcy was seen as a young ruckman with boundless potential. At the time he almost made Dockers fans forget the absence of Aaron Sandilands.

Theres more, see the link.

Sean Darcy is on the Cats wish list & by seasons end the equation will be Kelly plus plus for Darcy & the Cats wont be able to afford it.

Let Dennis Cometti help any disbelievers:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/de...-should-have-fremantle-excited-ng-b881233138z
... 21-year-old Sean Darcy.

The last time I saw Darcy on a football field he was limping off Claremont Oval in mid-May, disconsolate with a serious ankle injury.

Yet there he was on Saturday, not having played a game since, mixing it with the best ruck combo in the AFL, Port Adelaide’s Paddy Ryder and Scott Lycett.

In 2017 Darcy was seen as a young ruckman with boundless potential. At the time he almost made Dockers fans forget the absence of Aaron Sandilands.

Theres more, see the link.

We have no need for a ruck suprisingly

You blokes have got ' Freo 2015 ' written all over you , dominated the first half of the year then the bones started creaking , the injuries started mounting and by finals time it had all turned to crap

Keep praying. We are not Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love your positivity, it must be a Freo “thing” yeah??

Kelly wouldn’t give a rats ass about his managers commission, lol. He works for Tim not the other way around
Thats what Tim's manager found out last year. Tim's manager thought he was working for West Coast, and so did West Coast. Tim's manager found out the hard way - he isn't a small time player any more, he has the number one midfielder running round on his books.

It was brutal, but the learning curve at the end of last season was massive for Tim, his wife, and his manager - and all learnt you cannot trust the silky lies that West Coast whisper in your ear.

In fact, it seems the only players to come out looking like morons are West Coast and their fans - they have not learnt a thing from their continual fails over the last 5 years with Kelly. How dumb are you guys? I mean really, do you have those velcro sneakers?

I think he’d want a deal done which was as fair as practical for both sides.
Lol, it is almost like you have never watched him speak. Not surprising, your club never watched him play either.

He is going to maximise his value mate - he is in it for the money, and so he should be - he is a late starter with a family.

You are fapping in a closet if you think he owes the West Coast Eagles a leg up. He will screw you for every dollar he can if he ends up with you.

No idea what Kelly might do but do you really think a club will spend a 1st rounder on a player if he goes to the draft after all the issues have been done to death during the trade period and it's clear he wants to be in the West ?

No way that happens

As for the rest...... who knows
Lol, have you seen him play this year? Better than last year. Do you really think if Kelly went to the draft they would take an unproven 18 year old over a guy who was vying for a brownlow in the best midfield in the competition the previous year?

What is in the water over there?

Just think of it as a heavily front loaded contract, after two years he’ll be able to see out his career on a smaller deal. Our premiership champions will love the club even more for the courage and bravery they’ve witnessed in standing by Tim and getting him home.
Lol, even better. After learning that West Coast don't give two *s about the integrity of contractual agreements, Kelly bails on a new contract to Freo after the front end period is up.

Juicy.

I'm sure we would too but I doubt it comes to that , why would you blokes piss a draft pick or 2 up the wall for spite ?
Why?

We gave this player a chance when no one else would. We developed this guy into the superstar he is today. We will send a message to the footy world that our ethos is club before player, if we need to. We won't be held ransom by other dog clubs like West Coast, or players if they want to go down that path.

But, it won't come to that. Kelly is a straight up bloke. He knows what he is worth, and won't go for less. If you guys cant come up with the 2 top 10's, then he will stay with us for another two years.

Especially by West Coast. AFL house not happy with how they tried to break a draft recruit contract.

Same old melty handbagger scum with unrealistic expectations

Let us see if he even nominates to come home again first. Either way the handbagger scum are not in control. Kelly goes where Kelly wants to go

Geelong may actually not lowball him and tempt him to stay

If he doesn't want to stay he'll get whatever is offered from the destination club (which could be Cockburn - poor lad). Geelong take whatever is offered or they get nothing

Same old melty handbagger scum with unrealistic expectations

Let us see if he even nominates to come home again first. Either way the handbagger scum are not in control. Kelly goes where Kelly wants to go

Geelong may actually not lowball him and tempt him to stay

If he doesn't want to stay he'll get whatever is offered from the destination club (which could be Cockburn - poor lad). Geelong take whatever is offered or they get nothing
Hi BenWAballs, how are you today? This seems like an unusually reasonable post, is all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back