How are we going to fit in Walters, Hill, Johnson and Pavlich?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
It's impossible to find 4 players to replace them with and that's not even considering players like De Boer.

Apeness is the only given even though it would nice to give him some names given he is the replacement for Pav in future years.

Clancee would be one that will be one of the unlucky ones, he was flying last season until he did his calf and one of our most reliable players.

Who else? Sutcliffe has cemented his spot as has Neale. Suban too. Mzungu is reliable.

Perhaps Morabito until he is 100% confident with the knee and dives into every contest. But he showed glimpses tonight of what he might become. Sylvia? He seems to have lifted his work ethic and has been embraced by the playing group.

Anyway, credit to the club for putting together such a strong list.

Anyone reckon we will see de Boer again this season? If the team keeps it up it's going to be very, very hard to see him slip back into the 22. Sylvia isn't really setting the world on fire at the moment, so possibly he could make way for de Boer... but then I reckon one of those guys will make way for Walters.

At the moment the first four in trouble probably pick themselves, Morabito, Apeness, Sylvia and C Pearce. Then it gets really hard if you want to bring back DeBoer who RTB rates highly, I would normally say Suban but was very impressed with his last two games.

Guess it doesn't matter, you are never injury free and the team as RTB says usually picks itself.

Yeah, the odds are that we will never have all of our best 22 fit at once. We've had a pretty good run since the Walters injury but it's unlikely we'll have to drop 4 people.

Ibbo and Clancee were also unavailable for the GF, and I think Walters played injured IIRC.

Yeah, Walters was playing with a reasonably serious knee issue, I forget what it exactly was. McPharlin was also clearly playing injured. MJ had only returned from injury in the prelim as well, not sure how fit he was.

At the moment the first four in trouble probably pick themselves, Morabito, Apeness, Sylvia and C Pearce. Then it gets really hard if you want to bring back DeBoer who RTB rates highly, I would normally say Suban but was very impressed with his last two games.

Guess it doesn't matter, you are never injury free and the team as RTB says usually picks itself.

This i think.

Out: C. Pearce
In: Johnson

Out: Apeness
In: Pavlich

Out: Morabito
In: Hill

Out: Sylvia
In: Walters

Of course the biggest decider will be the unfortunate injuries that happen. Ibbo and Suban who I think are the next set of fringe players having been hitting good form so as long as they keep building I don't imagine they will be dropped.

Our Peel team should be ripping it up with the amount of talent it has. Most of these guys would be starting 22 at the Weagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody thinks Mayne's spot is at risk? He hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire this year.

Nobody thinks Mayne's spot is at risk? He hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire this year.
You obviously don't understand how important he is to our game plan regardless of disposals and goals. Our three-headed monster of Walters, Ballas and Mayne in the forward line is the nirvana.

Guess it doesn't matter, you are never injury free and the team as RTB says usually picks itself

No, not all, zilch chance, nada, won't happen etc

Mayne, Walters, Ballas, Pav, heck maybe even Sylvia makes a forward line that can win finals.

No, not all, zilch chance, nada, won't happen etc

Well the reason I ask is that people are seriously suggesting Ibbo despite being named as one of our best on ground yesterday. Mayne has had a pretty poor year by his standards. He was good in the derby but was very quiet again yesterday.

You obviously don't understand how important he is to our game plan regardless of disposals and goals. Our three-headed monster of Walters, Ballas and Mayne in the forward line is the nirvana.

I mean, I understand that we have a game plan. Yet people have no problem throwing around the names of guys who are equally important to it every week. Sutcliffe, D Pearce, Ibbotson etc. Mayne seems to be the only guy in the team guaranteed a spot according to BF posters.

Sylvia is goooone.. honestly what does he bring to the side? Morra should of been back 2 weeks ago.

Apeness gone..

Then it gets hard, unfortunetly, Mayne hasnt even kicked double digit goals this year and hasnt contributed as much as we'd like so hes gone.
Somehow we still need Silvagni back too, hes a gun, we are so much more solid with him back.

Lee Spurr would be in the gun. Ibbotson as well if he doesn't start clunking those marks. He can build his confidence in the WAFL.

Our talent runs deep at the moment.
Ibbo took ten marks yesterday, two more than any other player. He's plays so tall that we're not missing Johnson. The triumvirate of Duff, Ibbo and Spurr are all playing well at the moment. it's going to be hard justifying dropping one of them.

Ibbo took ten marks yesterday, two more than any other player. He's plays so tall that we're not missing Johnson. The triumvirate of Duff, Ibbo and Spurr are all playing well at the moment. it's going to be hard justifying dropping one of them.
Ibbo was dropping a lot of marks, although admittedly so was everyone else. Spurr is often exposed for pace and his disposal isn't as reliable this year as last. They would want to shift into high gear in a hurry or the returning players will mow them down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back