How are we going to kick a winning score?

Remove this Banner Ad

Our problem in the first half of next year will now be delivery to the forward line.
Weller and Budarick won't be available until mid next year.
Powell might not come back the player he was with his injury.
That leaves us with Lemmens, Graham, Ballard, Collins, Farrar and Markov from our current best 22.
Lukosius might be able to take some risky kicks when required but considering our current backs I think every kick is with these guys.
Am I missing someone?

Edit - Rory Atkins has a good boot and I'm sure Sandy Toes would be in favour of his inclusion!

Be wanting to see that kind of attacking kicking and overlap run from Farrar, Sharp, Lukosius.
Someone like Faulkhead could come in and surprise.
He seems to be a runner with a bit of pace and some balance.

Watching some of the best teams, they have those midfielders (or even high forwards) who get a handball receive from 60-40m out from goals and slam it towards goals. Weller is the only mid/HB we’ve had that I can think of who consistently tried that, rather than a kick to the top of the square. It’s often how teams pump 2-3 goals in quick succession. That will be our next evolution once players get a bit more confidence.

A little more space coming out of centre clearances would help too, so a player can get to about 55m out on the run and go bang!
Powell had 6 scoring shots in his last 6 games where he was playing more time on the wing.
Drifting down the 'fat side' like Daicos did to kick that running goal to tie the match
He could bang them from 50+, but needs to develop a bit more poise around goal.

Obviously we want Lukosius doing this as well.

Watching some of the best teams, they have those midfielders (or even high forwards) who get a handball receive from 60-40m out from goals and slam it towards goals. Weller is the only mid/HB we’ve had that I can think of who consistently tried that, rather than a kick to the top of the square. It’s often how teams pump 2-3 goals in quick succession. That will be our next evolution once players get a bit more confidence.

A little more space coming out of centre clearances would help too, so a player can get to about 55m out on the run and go bang!
Luko & Weller have a license to shoot and both have been missing. We literally got no one else that can kick 50m consistently. Anderson & Markov don't count as they are territorial not penetrating.

Atkins.... THE ROLE IS THERE, please mate get it together you are literally the perfect mould for what we need

I have no issue with Rory Atkins
My issue is with the dunderheads at the Club who offered him the Journeyman's Gift of Life
I think he';s performed more than adequately when selected
Not 5 years on hundreds of thousand a year adequately but I'm pretty sure if he'd played on Saturday night instead of Tsitsas we probably win
Interesting he and Brayden were sitting together in the Lounge Sunday night
Rory Luko and Thommo at another table

Remove this Banner Ad

Back