How are we going to kick a winning score?

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I agree about his importance, but we did win the clearances. I don't think that was the issue personally.
Yes but it was only Melbourne. We are really going to miss him against the better sides. His ability to get a quick kick forward or a tap on, or crunch an opponent who gets the ball, as well as the protection he used to provide for Gaz was enormous. With Gaz not 100% and Jaeger out, our midfield doesn't look any stronger than it did last year despite the acquisition of Hallahan. Hope the boys prove me wrong. BTW What was up with Spitta on the weekend? 16 touches from him is very poor. Was he playing more outside than inside?

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes but it was only Melbourne. We are really going to miss him against the better sides. His ability to get a quick kick forward or a tap on, or crunch an opponent who gets the ball, as well as the protection he used to provide for Gaz was enormous. With Gaz not 100% and Jaeger out, our midfield doesn't look any stronger than it did last year despite the acquisition of Hallahan. Hope the boys prove me wrong. BTW What was up with Spitta on the weekend? 16 touches from him is very poor. Was he playing more outside than inside?

I think he ended up running lines for Gaz at the expense of his own game, and in the last quarter it nearly paid off
If Gaz had handled the handpass from Harley, that would have been 3 goals + momentum and I reckon we would have stolen the win
I never question Dave's committment on and off the field
I know Tom's a lock for next Captain at the moment, but David has always been my choice

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
Hallahan is a great pick up but he is not an A grader like O'Meara. We are going to need others to step up big time to help so our midfield doesn't lose its potency.

Good opportunity for Russell to show his midfield worth, possibly even use Sexton through the mid rotations instead of wasting him up fwd where he has little impact.

Maybe even Kolo should be given some midfield time. Could do a Bontempelli

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hallahan is a great pick up but he is not an A grader like O'Meara. We are going to need others to step up big time to help so our midfield doesn't lose its potency.

Good opportunity for Russell to show his midfield worth, possibly even use Sexton through the mid rotations instead of wasting him up fwd where he has little impact.

Maybe even Kolo should be given some midfield time. Could do a Bontempelli
My AFL Fantasy side likes this

shaqsuns

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
I wish people would stop trying to make Luke Russell happen, he is not going to happen

Covertackle

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Dees
I think the boys need to go back and do another Auskick course and learn the skill of kicking.

Might help if they actually kick the ball during a game instead of rabidly, fanatically, frustratingly handballing it.

Kick the ****** thing you useless mob of front running, overpaid, spoiled, show ponies!!

Last edited:

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
There was someone on Fox Footy several weeks ago during the NAB Cup that analysed teams who handball the pill more than kick it, and the results were pretty hilarious. The entire top 8 of 2014 had more kicks than handballs, whereas the bottom 10 had more handballs than kicks. Stop passing the ******* ball and just kick it!

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This question has haunted me through our entire existence
Sometimes we have a day out
But regular avenues to goal have been very very thin on the ground
Seeing Dave Swallow take it on himself to snag 3 as an extraction mid was marvellous- but a rarity
Lynch is averaging about $50,000 a goal at the moment
No wonder Dew wants Ah Chee back who at least has potential

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This question has haunted me through our entire existence
Sometimes we have a day out
But regular avenues to goal have been very very thin on the ground
Seeing Dave Swallow take it on himself to snag 3 as an extraction mid was marvellous- but a rarity
Lynch is averaging about $50,000 a goal at the moment
No wonder Dew wants Ah Chee back who at least has potential
We have a great ‘looking’ forward line

Ah Chee Lynch Ainsworth

MartinWrightDay/sexton/Macpherson

But it just isn’t working. Lynch is too high up, Ainsworth isn’t finding the feet of the talls and Day isn’t getting set shots. We can’t have swallow leading our scoring and winning matches. Better mid entries would help but i really feel 2MP is the big one. He’s so dynamic and was about to break the comp open. Hopefully our Metricon return is when we start scoring 100+

Back