How are you all coping?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 16, 2015
Reservoir
AFL Club
Richmond
Is it too soon to talk about it? I was thinking we could share our reactions to the nightmare that unfolded on Saturday. My memory is a bit fuzzy due to froffys but I'm pretty sure I flopped on the floor like a ragdoll and went into a foetal position. I was ok after about 20 minutes but felt really flat for the rest of the night as my missus drove me to the other side of town in the xa to her friends house where I sat on their couch like a stale bottle of plonk. Feeling a bit better everyday and I should be good to go for Dreamtime but I think I'm gonna be pretty mellow and not get too involved. Probably a good idea as I nearly got kicked out against Freo due to my disgust at the umps. Let's hear your stories fellow tigerheads and help the healing process

Struggling.

We went to the game. I jokingly said to my mate beforehand we'll lose by less than a goal...at the end The kid was bawling her eyes out. I could barely watch the last 5 minutes. I had tears in my eyes.

We're close, really ******* close. The players have to dig deep and know they're on the cusp of reaping the rewards. They just have to get over this hump and keep pushing each other along. We're climbing everest, not kosciusko.

Stick fat and keep the faith

The second that goal was disallowed i turned to my mate in the pub and said this is going up the other end for a goal to them ,he said you think ,and i said nothing surer ...its just f@#ken us ...for f@#ks sake get a voodoo priest to lift this curse i'm sick of it

Sat there at Spotless, with tugga by my side and a few other Richmond notables.

I actually said to Tug at 3/4 time that Bolton, although quiet, could kick the winning goal. Rather prophetic.

Long and slow flight home. Actually quite pleased to be in New Zealand this week, but can't wait to get back with the Richmond Family in Melbourne at Dreamtime.

Chalk it down to the Swinburne Uni Punt Rd Campus School of hard knocks, and get back up again.

Haere Ra

Last edited:
As i said on the autopsy, cant remember feeling this gutted and drained (and i was at the port ef, the efc three.goal massacre, and every ablett/locket/dunstall bloodbath)

Got home at midnight after watching the game with a few old Coburg Tigers at Brown's . Threw my phone on the ground and now have to have it on loud speaker to hear people. Couple of ladies we were with broke out in tears . After I settled down the only positive I could come up with was that we were another loss closer before DH gets the arse.

My 8yo son was so excited when Shai kicked the "goal", he's excitement quickly disappeared and was replaced with shock.
I punched the table, kicked the couch... haven't reacted like that for the longest time.
I then posted on Facebook that if any smartass tags me in any Richmond memes this week they're getting unfriended.
So far I'm 11 friends down! Think they're a bunch of funny buggers. Gets tiring after you've been tagged in the same post by 10+ different mates.
Some tried it on so had to follow through lol
I'm actually coping alright though to be honest. I honestly think we'll finish top 4 by the end of the season.
We're close... we've lost 4 on the trot and haven't dropped out of the 8 due to a tight season. Won't take much to bounce back up the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By arguing with all the negative nellies on the Richmond board. :D
Also, the Fighting Furies have wrapped up the minor premiership already and Liverpool have clinched Champions League football for next season.

Family and work also bring you back down pretty quickly.

I was feeling really s**t, then Collingwood's first half made me feel a bit better. Then hawthorn's second half made it all ok. Since I've mainly been laughing about how Richmondy it is to lose 3 straight games by under a goal.

By arguing with all the negative nellies on the Richmond board. :D
Also, the Fighting Furies have wrapped up the minor premiership already and Liverpool have clinched Champions League football for next season.

Family and work also bring you back down pretty quickly.
Champions League with a play off. That's cute.

I have grabbed Robbos theory on SEN today with both hands and ran with it.
As much as it hurts if it werent for 1 to 2 mins of really poor footy over the past few weeks we'd be second on the ladder.

My 8yo son was so excited when Shai kicked the "goal", he's excitement quickly disappeared and was replaced with shock.
I punched the table, kicked the couch... haven't reacted like that for the longest time.
I then posted on Facebook that if any smartass tags me in any Richmond memes this week they're getting unfriended.
So far I'm 11 friends down! Think they're a bunch of funny buggers. Gets tiring after you've been tagged in the same post by 10+ different mates.
Some tried it on so had to follow through lol
I'm actually coping alright though to be honest. I honestly think we'll finish top 4 by the end of the season.
We're close... we've lost 4 on the trot and haven't dropped out of the 8 due to a tight season. Won't take much to bounce back up the ladder.
Many moons ago i was at a new years with my wifes family, full of carltoon fans.
Anyways one of them started giving me s**t about Richmond and getting egged on by his relos, anyway a tiger can only take so much and i unloaded hell and fury in front of all my wifes family, had steam coming out of my ears, sat back down and the flog giving me s**t told me to calm down. Told him to STFU and Dont give me s**t about Richmond then. Ever since that night they dont utter a bad word to me about the tigers.
Wife told me later on that no one had ever done that to them and it shocked the hell out of them.

Message is lay down the law and if they dont just unload on their teams regardless if they are good or not.

I'm actually coping quite well. Yeah it sucked that we lost and I ranted to the Richmond supporter behind me about the Bolton review but I left feeling ok.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back