How bad is Essendon? Jeeeeeez

Remove this Banner Ad

Ch7 and News Corp, who are or have been ACTUAL longterm sponsors of EFC, continually fluffing Essendon is a big part of their problem.

They are soft and cronyish to their core.
You're not wrong. Bruce talks about players like they're his children. He just described Mosquito as having a "beautiful face". I'm not saying he isn't a good looking guy, but really, an AFL commentator? They are so channel 7. Wholesome image.

that's it let it all out..
All that anger/tears from when Essendon was consistently smashing your clubs all throughout the 80 and 90s..:thumbsu:

It's our turn to be less than great. happens to every team at one point, the wheel will turn again..
Essendon has been s**t as long as I can remember

They’ve beaten Collingwood and the 5 bottom teams. They haven’t won a game by more than 16 points. There’s always a lot of talk about the Bombers, but stating the obvious, they’re just no good and they have a lot of overrated players.

- Havent won a final in 5,846 days.
- Signed star players Stringer, Shiel and Smith.
- Signed star personnel Caracella, Rutten, Worsfold.
- Losing to Geelong by 59 points right now.
- Won't even mention all the other crap.

This club has surpassed Melbourne, Carlton and Gold Coast as the biggest failure of the 21st century. I cannot fathom how difficult it would be to support this football club.

The way these boys are playing is soul crushing for any supporter. These guys talk finals every year, Lloyd talks about taking the 'next' step and not just making up the numbers in finals, mate, forget about finals, this is arguably the worst performance of the year from any club. They play this ridiculous game plan, where they mark the ball, move the ball and insist on handballing at all costs, whether the player theyre handballing too is flat footed or under severe opposition player.

What an absolute rabble.

Thing is, last year they probably had the worst (or at least equal worse with the game North played the same night) performance last year too when the Dogs kicked something like 21 in a row against them.

There's a lot of talk about developing a system down at Essendon, I don't think they are any closer than they were under Matthew Knights. They are a lesser version of GWS. Talented individuals, something like 7 former AA players in that side plus a bunch of players who would have the talent/credentials to achieve that at their best, but no real sticking to a game plan, team cohesion, willingness to perform week in week out.

All that anger/tears from when Essendon was consistently smashing your clubs all throughout the 80 and 90s..:thumbsu:

It's our turn to be less than great. happens to every team at one point, the wheel will turn again..

The fact you have to say it's tears from the 80s and 90s tells a story...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ch7 and News Corp, who are or have been ACTUAL longterm sponsors of EFC, continually fluffing Essendon is a big part of their problem.

They are soft and cronyish to their core.

You mean the Melbourne mafia of the AFL media, 7 or News & the others only pay their wages. If we got a national coverage the Melbourne clubs might be accountable.

- Havent won a final in 5,846 days.
- Signed star players Stringer, Shiel and Smith.
- Signed star personnel Caracella, Rutten, Worsfold.
- Losing to Geelong by 59 points right now.
- Won't even mention all the other crap.

This club has surpassed Melbourne, Carlton and Gold Coast as the biggest failure of the 21st century. I cannot fathom how difficult it would be to support this football club.

The way these boys are playing is soul crushing for any supporter. These guys talk finals every year, Lloyd talks about taking the 'next' step and not just making up the numbers in finals, mate, forget about finals, this is arguably the worst performance of the year from any club. They play this ridiculous game plan, where they mark the ball, move the ball and insist on handballing at all costs, whether the player theyre handballing too is flat footed or under severe opposition player.

What an absolute rabble.
Well, better than us brah.
Realistically they are redefining a lot of things. Badness for your sake is one.
But coaching takeover has been well visible and unbridled and they reset a game plan at half time and pulled out a win against, I know, a reasonably shapeless Hawks.
I’m not seeing a decent into rabbledom but I am clearly seeing a change in identity that everyone hated.
I prefer the change I guess.

Their supporters are the problem.

The #standbyhird mentality is what drives that club.

They idolise mediocrity.

As a result, it thrives at the club.

They also wanted Sheedy to stay on and believed all the horse s**t he was apparently going to do. Sheedy's hanging around mid table too long is what started this mess.

They're just consistently mediocre so fly under the radar a lot. Maybe one year the media will finally cool it with the hype and shut up about them until they have a genuinely good season. No other side that consistently finishes between 7-12 on the ladder gets talked up so much.

Been 20 years since Bombers were a legit top 4 flag threat and look as far away now as ever. Wheel is stuck and not turning at all.

If the Tigers could turn around years of failure, surely the Bombers can. Eventually.
i dont want to wait 17 years for it though

It would appear the biggest hangover from the drugs scandal has turned out to be the mediocrity the club will accept to not rock the boat with anyone....though they appear to be happy to serve up more **** to the supporters without issue.

Called this after the 2017 EF. the boys seemed content with themselves getting smacked by the Swans.
The drive isn't there.

Unfortunately Essendon are just not very good, it is very sad but they are going to be in trouble for years to come.
Correct, we are just a bad football team. Recruiting players like Shiel and Smith is the icing on the cake from 10-15 years of s**t drafting. Even after that the work ethic of the players is sub standard in comparison to WCE, Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney, this isn’t going to change overnight/in a year. Somehow I don’t think you are sad about this, anyway I’ll keep watching them but it’s getting harder to each year. At least we give Carlton supporters something to smile about, they don’t have much else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back