How bad is Essendon? Jeeeeeez

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
If the Tigers could turn around years of failure, surely the Bombers can. Eventually.

Agree . Remember we CAme from the clouds in 2017 . But played finals ( albeit badly) in 13 14 15 . But on paper your list is pretty good .

But I’m also hearing Saad to Richmond . Could be a big loss

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bjo187

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
They finally drop one of the old senior players group and they choose the only one that stands up, wins us games and shows some passion. Plus against a team where he is the only reasonable match up for dixon.

If you thought last week was bad, just wait until Dixon kicks 10 today, because we didn’t name anyone who is capable of stopping him.

That lad did a good job today. Conditions didn't suit the big forwards but he can certainly hold his head up.

littlegg

Senior List
Aug 8, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
what hope do you have when the coach claims the team is young and building? of the players under 50 games
not much to ride home about or be excited

phillips ehh nope
zerk thatcher very raw but looks a best 22 long term no star
Ham long way off making it
draper best 22 looks really good
snelling you ain't winning a flag with him
townsend same as above.
clarke gee a b grade at best
hibberd will be delisted
guelfi nothing great

ridley superstar ...

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Was the jibe about "Essendon people" thinking that because they are a big club they deserve success, an attack at prominent Essendon media figures such as Lloyd, Connolly and Robbo or aimed more at faceless men/women on the Board?

1993 - Baby Bombers
Over salary cap by an incredible amount, AFL decided not to strip them of the premiership. There's one shortcut.

2005 onwards - clinging onto Sheedy for more success. Extracting oil from a stone. Shortcut.

2009 - Didnt hire Hardwick, who presented for the job and had an issue with PowerPoint, never gave him another crack at this presentation.

2010 - Matthew Knights sacked. Club didnt commit to rebuild, Matthew Lloyd and Knights clashed because Lloyd didn't want to take elements away from his game to support the growth of the team, Lloyd won. Knights payout was 800,000.

2011 - Hired James Hird and hire Bomber Thompson to fast track success and keep media members happy. Shortcut. Was he the right man for the job? Was he the most qualified? Histery says no.

2012 - ASADA drug scandal.
There's another shortcut. And I won't delve into this, this is no doubt the most disastrous scandal in AFL history.

2015 onwards - hiring Shiel, Stringer, Smith and apparently into Crouch, Williams, etc, these are seasoned players. Not kids. Shortcut.

2019 - Poach Caracella from Richmond, duplicate forward handball gameplan that Caracella made successful at Richmond - shortcut.

2020 - Membership down 18,000 the biggest decrease of all clubs. Members disappointed the shortcuts not paying off.

Let's not be fooled, the old Richmond, is the current Essendon.

Worsfold is saying, in essence, commit to the long term plan, give these guys a chance to help build the club up.

We've already got idiot Essendon media supporters like Robbo trying to disrupt the leadership at the bombers. This club is in a lot of trouble.

They are eating their own.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
1993 - Baby Bombers
Over salary cap by an incredible amount, AFL decided not to strip them of the premiership. There's one shortcut.

2005 onwards - clinging onto Sheedy for more success. Extracting oil from a stone. Shortcut.

2009 - Didnt hire Hardwick, who presented for the job and had an issue with PowerPoint, never gave him another crack at this presentation.

2010 - Matthew Knights sacked. Club didnt commit to rebuild, Matthew Lloyd and Knights clashed because Lloyd didn't want to take elements away from his game to support the growth of the team, Lloyd won. Knights payout was 800,000.

2011 - Hired James Hird and hire Bomber Thompson to fast track success and keep media members happy. Shortcut. Was he the right man for the job? Was he the most qualified? Histery says no.

2012 - ASADA drug scandal.
There's another shortcut. And I won't delve into this, this is no doubt the most disastrous scandal in AFL history.

2015 onwards - hiring Shiel, Stringer, Smith and apparently into Crouch, Williams, etc, these are seasoned players. Not kids. Shortcut.

2019 - Poach Caracella from Richmond, duplicate forward handball gameplan that Caracella made successful at Richmond - shortcut.

2020 - Membership down 18,000 the biggest decrease of all clubs. Members disappointed the shortcuts not paying off.

Let's not be fooled, the old Richmond, is the current Essendon.

Worsfold is saying, in essence, commit to the long term plan, give these guys a chance to help build the club up.

We've already got idiot Essendon media supporters like Robbo trying to disrupt the leadership at the bombers. This club is in a lot of trouble.

They are eating their own.
The reflection on Essendon being old Richmond is an eye opener and prob accurate

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
The reflection on Essendon being old Richmond is an eye opener and prob accurate

Like Richmond, the large and vocal supporter base and big cotories make it hard to follow through on any plan that involves a large amount of short term pain.

Having said that I’m loving it. Like most fans enjoyed the Tigers self inflicted misery, most are now enjoying Essendons. I especially love Lloyd complaining about culture, when he and his mates got coach sacked because he was asked to play as a decoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Like Richmond, the large and vocal supporter base and big cotories make it hard to follow through on any plan that involves a large amount of short term pain.

Having said that I’m loving it. Like most fans enjoyed the Tigers self inflicted misery, most are now enjoying Essendons. I especially love Lloyd complaining about culture, when he and his mates got coach sacked because he was asked to play as a decoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These comments re Lloyd playing career and Knights knifing - is this genuine?

Back