How bad is Essendon? Jeeeeeez

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree.

When did see Glimpses at the start of the year, the wheels fell off when finals wasn't happening, there are some elder statesmen that need to depart. The only way to fasttrack development
I know you guys love him, but Lloyd is an absolute cancer for essendon.

He is using this slump as a career advancement for him. He is a vulture that is picking at a carcass. Gary Lyon picks at Melbourne, Sam Newman pre 2007 consistently did with Geelong, but there was heart and sheer relatable frustration with their criticism. You could feel their frustration.

Lloyd wants destruction and uses his 'legend' status to really run down individuals working at the club.

He is the worst.

I'm not so sure he like majority of Essendon fans are sick and tired of the excuses and the club being mediocre. club hasn't won a final since 2004 but the club keeps pedalling "we are working on it,we will get there" but nothing seems to change or improve.

My hope is with Rutten in charge we finally start to fix s**t up

The Daniher (no) trade summed up Essendon.

They had an opportunity to get 2 first round picks for a bloke who is always injured, and they refused to even discuss it.

They didn't have to trade him, but to not even negotiate was complete incompetence - and the majority of Essendon supporters (including the likes of Lloyd and Robbo) cheered them on.

Don't think we were ever offered 2 first rounders it was pick 9 and that's it (mind you a pick Sydney didn't have)

The Daniher (no) trade summed up Essendon.

They had an opportunity to get 2 first round picks for a bloke who is always injured, and they refused to even discuss it.

They didn't have to trade him, but to not even negotiate was complete incompetence - and the majority of Essendon supporters (including the likes of Lloyd and Robbo) cheered them on.
It was quite bizarre how Sydney and Essendon seemed to have completely different ideas on what compensation was offered, but it’s safe to say they could have had two first rounders one way or another.

You’d take that every day of the week for an injury prone tall who apparently doesn’t fully commit to his rehab and doesn’t want to be there.

fairly sure we did negotiate. We wanted players, not picks. None were forthcoming so we didn't deal.
particularly picks not currently held by the swans.
a) you deal Papley to Carlton, they get stronger
b) we acquiesce, you don't get the deal done and we've weakened our stance with Daniher.
Swans should have dealt Papley to Carlton and approached us with picks they held.

fairly sure we did negotiate. We wanted players, not picks. None were forthcoming so we didn't deal.
b) we acquiesce, you don't get the deal done and we've weakened our stance with Daniher.
Swans should have dealt Papley to Carlton and approached us with picks they held.

5+9 would have done it imo

5+9 would have done it imo
i look at that draft - who do you grab?

Ash went at 4.
Green wasn't available.
Dodoro tells us he liked Jones as our first pick anyway.

Kemp and Cooper Stephens were the two that would fill our needs (as well as Jones given we'd be down a key forward) as the bigger midfielders.

Worsfold appointment was a big mistake. Game had passed him by at West Coast.

I don't think he actually likes Essendon he seems to resent being associate with them lol.

Almost a cancerous presence at this point.

Essendon should just let anyone go that doesn't want to be there. Get what you can in draft picks and so be it. If Saad wants more than hes worth, let him go. They are a big enough club that when they turn it around and get momentum up with younger players, free agents and older players will want to join.

Essendon should just let anyone go that doesn't want to be there. Get what you can in draft picks and so be it. If Saad wants more than hes worth, let him go. They are a big enough club that when they turn it around and get momentum up with younger players, free agents and older players will want to join.
That worked out well for Melbourne

I don't think he actually likes Essendon he seems to resent being associate with them lol.

Was hard listening to his press conference on the weekend. Genuinely doesnt want to be there. You can see it.

Do all of us a favor John and ship off

As Llyod said we are going to have massive list changes don't have enough players to play the Richmond style.

I think Caracella is in charge of the game plan Kyle Langford mentioned on radio a few weeks ago that they are learning 3 modes of attack or some sh*t like that

Why do you have to play the Richmond style?

Why not get a coach who can improve on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worsfold was just what we needed at the time but the mistake was extending his contract after the SCG debacle.

I actually think the Worsfold appointment was a great move. He saw us through the hard years brilliantly.

Giving him an extension was the big mistake.

The Richmond gameplan has evolved anyway. In 2017 it was more kicking orientated as the side would pump it forward then let players run into space. Now it's shifted towards more handball and waves of attack. In a year or two it probably will be slightly different. Instead of trying to copy some style which may not even be the style the side uses anymore, Essendon should be forming a gamestyle which works for their team.

As for Lloyd, maybe as a neutral I see things differently but he seems to be one of the few people who are wiling to be honest.

As I mentioned, we are clearly talented though getting into the finals with how poor our structures and game plans have been for 5 years. Imagine if we had a coach that looked at our list and moulded it accordingly is what I am suggesting.

Essendon is the king of trying to turn a positional player into another role, thats why we are where we are. As for Dodoro targetting soft unaccountable players, again that's just a lazy assumption. We thought that of Saad and he has been one of the better small defenders in the comp since he arrived, Smith was one of the leading tacklers in the comp when he arrived, Stringer isn't a tackler but is a tough motherf***er and Shiel, well he jury is still out but his early season for in 2020 was showing us he wasn't afraid to stick his head where it shouldn't be.
I understand it’s not all on dodoro but it’s beyond belief when I keep reading posts like this from Essendon supporters going in to bat for him yes he has had some bad luck with the supplements saga taking valuable picks but the way I look at it is black and white his had 15 years and has still not come close to building a list capable of challenging you could say the list is in worst shape now then it’s ever been in on results alone the guy needs to go ir He was at stkilda I would want him gone I wouldn’t be going in to bat for him that’s for sure!

From all reports the papley deal was agreed to buy Carlton and Sydney but it was dependent on Essendon agreeing to trade Daniher Sydney were not prepared to trade papley unless Daniher was available the Carlton pick was unofficially offered to Essendon but dodoro had some pipe dream of getting a couple of Sydney’s experienced mids

From all reports the papley deal was agreed to buy Carlton and Sydney but it was dependent on Essendon agreeing to trade Daniher Sydney were not prepared to trade papley unless Daniher was available the Carlton pick was unofficially offered to Essendon but dodoro had some pipe dream of getting a couple of Sydney’s experienced mids
that kinda goes to my point though (and i have no idea what the inside thinking was but appearances are we never intended to trade him)

But if there was an in principle agreement with Carlton, then we concede that we'll trade Daniher for Pick 9 and future first.
Carlton then back out of the deal

We're left with agreeing to trade Daniher, Pick 9 no longer on the table and no guarantee on any deal.

Another lens is this has worked well for 2 clubs
Dons have Daniher and he's getting back on the park. If he signs an extension, we've come out better
Swans have Papley, who is now worth more than Pick 9, and he's staying.

Carlton have missed a bargain.
That's about it.

that kinda goes to my point though (and i have no idea what the inside thinking was but appearances are we never intended to trade him)

But if there was an in principle agreement with Carlton, then we concede that we'll trade Daniher for Pick 9 and future first.
Carlton then back out of the deal

We're left with agreeing to trade Daniher, Pick 9 no longer on the table and no guarantee on any deal.

Another lens is this has worked well for 2 clubs
Dons have Daniher and he's getting back on the park. If he signs an extension, we've come out better
Swans have Papley, who is now worth more than Pick 9, and he's staying.

Carlton have missed a bargain.
That's about it.
We never backed out our pick was there. Dodo didn’t do the trade

We never backed out our pick was there. Dodo didn’t do the trade
not saying the blues did.

We didnt want to trade Daniher in the first place
And if we did, we didn't want picks.

But if we took them, i am hypothesising there might have been a mentality that we were in no way backing down on our stance for an asset the swans didn't yet hold.

Swans not holding the pick probably worked in our favour.
Swans couldn't formally offer it without holding it. We could say it wasn't on offer since they never held it and stick to our intention on keeping Daniher

not saying the blues did.

We didnt want to trade Daniher in the first place
And if we did, we didn't want picks.

But if we took them, i am hypothesising there might have been a mentality that we were in no way backing down on our stance for an asset the swans didn't yet hold.

Swans not holding the pick probably worked in our favour.
Swans couldn't formally offer it without holding it. We could say it wasn't on offer since they never held it and stick to our intention on keeping Daniher
So do you let him walk for a band 1 compo ?
Pick 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back