How bad is the golf coverage from America?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Is anyone else over the poor coverage of the golf on American TV?
From the way the telecast you'd think there was only one man playing. I know Tiger is the best player in the world but u don't need to see him walking up the fairways when there are 30 - 40 other players on course at the same time. What a joke. For the first 3 or 4 holes today that's all you saw even though there were players ahead of him teeing off. Also the way they keep banging on about Mickelson missing the cut, almost blaming Cabrerra for it, is pathetic. Typical American whingers.

I hope Baddelly kicks tigers arse tommorrow even though he is a god boy it will be great to stick it up the USA again.

Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

yeh its a joke. If an australian is paired with a top american player they still arent shown, they are just skipped until maybe they hit a great shot and are shown on repley.:thumbsdown:

frustrates me too guys

everything is Tiger this, Tiger that.

Sure it's an american tv coverage, which is why they talk about Tiger a bit, but we watch him constantly, even when there are 40 americans out on the course. ARGH!

Very ordinary.

As a punter and an avid golf fan, there is some value to be had with the other players in the field, but they hardly get any coverage, regardless of where they sit on the leaderboard.

Players like Scott Verplank, Luke Donald and Stewart Cink are always good value in 3-balls and Top 5 finishes, but you wouldn't know until you get a quick glimpse of the leaderboard.

Too bad as well if you were a family member of an international PGA player, you'd never know how they went unless you watched the scores tick over on the internet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back