Competitions How badly will Dusty diddle us on Tuesday

Remove this Banner Ad

A better question is how many times will Richmond manipulate it so that he ends up 1 on 1 on the square with him?
Who is he and who is him? Richmond may be reigning premiers, but I can’t see how they swing it so Dusty is 1 on 1 with Dusty.

From old mate Barrett

If
there's one thing left that Dusty hasn't yet done ...

then
it's kick a bag. As in a double-figure bag. Come on Dimma, give him licence to do so at the 'G on Tuesday night.

This is how highly rated our defence is :rainbow:

From old mate Barrett

If

then
it's kick a bag. As in a double-figure bag. Come on Dimma, give him licence to do so at the 'G on Tuesday night.

All this tells me is that Barrett has no idea what a sliding doors moment actually means. Has some decent footy ideas occasionally but my god he’s a terrible writer

From old mate Barrett

If

then

Wonder how much he gets paid to roll out that low-effort bollocks...

If
It's more than a mug of warm cocoa and a pat on the head

Then
It's too much.

A better question is how many times will Richmond manipulate it so that he ends up 1 on 1 on the square with Lever?
That's usually how Nev gets sold into trouble by our defensive structures

Play Petracca on him for the entire game.
This is the sort of maverick move I would love Goodwin to make for this game. If it works, great, maybe we win the game. If it doesn’t, just move him, he’s a third year player playing on the best in the league. He’d at least learn something!

Unfortunately I think we have a coach who is less like Kevin Sheedy, more like Neil Craig and there’s a snowflakes chance in hell this move happens.

This is the sort of maverick move I would love Goodwin to make for this game. If it works, great, maybe we win the game. If it doesn’t, just move him, he’s a third year player playing on the best in the league. He’d at least learn something!

Unfortunately I think we have a coach who is less like Kevin Sheedy, more like Neil Craig and there’s a snowflakes chance in hell this move happens.

There’s no way they’d do it and I wouldn’t do it myself to be honest.

There’s a part of me that thinks starting him with Dusty and letting him run with for the first half would be fantastic for Petracca - but probably not for the team.

Petracca will hurt them the other way when he floats forward but hopefully he gets to stand with Dusty at a few stoppages or centre bounces at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s no way they’d do it and I wouldn’t do it myself to be honest.

There’s a part of me that thinks starting him with Dusty and letting him run with for the first half would be fantastic for Petracca - but probably not for the team.

Petracca will hurt them the other way when he floats forward but hopefully he gets to stand with Dusty at a few stoppages or centre bounces at least.
So why wouldn’t you do it? Wouldn’t something that’s fantastic for Petracca naturally benefit the team, especially in the long term? Petracca’s output has been pretty disappointing so far this year, maybe he needs something like this to get his season going?

I just don’t see the point in sticking rigidly to structures etc if we’re going to lose/ get pumped anyway. I actually feel like Goodwin needs to do something this week, to revitalise the team. I’ll be looking on with interest on Tuesday because one way or another I reckon we’ll learn a lot about Goodwin as a coach.

Last edited:

Yep. Read that and shook my head, although its not really any different to the principle our defenders have when a high ball comes in. Dusty is a good player but if we're going to focus on one bloke to the point of having three of four guys on him, half the Richmond side are going to have a field day against us and Dusty will probably still kick 3 or 4. We should be focusing on getting our game plan and the simple things right, not coming up with silly strategies to stop one player.

Surely part of the drill was to ensure the ball cannot be released if players join in on a gang tackle, but yeh I have my doubts as well
Yes the way he tucks it under his arm surely opens up the possibility of holding ball. Not sure who the player was but thought he was being held in the Grand Final last year up until half time. Then I think the player got moved or maybe Dusty had a role change, cannot remember not going to try and find it. Needs to be hit ball and all hard in the mid drift whilst fending and he just might think twice, ever again.

Not sure if it’s ever been mentioned but...he’s a massive flog.
Everyone says that - and I get that he has a bit of a w***er demeanour about him - but people dislike him for the same reason they dislike Caro; he points out uncomfortable truths.

Like the time 5 years ago when he said "Melbourne are giving up a future brownlow medal winner here. Josh Kelly is a jet".

Five years on, who would you prefer? Tyson and Salem, or Kelly?

Everyone says that - and I get that he has a bit of a w***er demeanour about him - but people dislike him for the same reason they dislike Caro; he points out uncomfortable truths.

Like the time 5 years ago when he said "Melbourne are giving up a future brownlow medal winner here. Josh Kelly is a jet".

You won't find a bigger all than me for this, my favourite was when everyone piled into him when he reported before round 1 2015 that Hogans back injury was worse than Melbourne were telling us and the board absolutely piled into him 'what a flog, how would he know etc' then 3 weeks into the season the MFC ruled him out

Bringing in an additional midfielder, and staying in the top 10 of the draft was very important to us at that time.

It was the right move at the time - obviously Kelly has gone on to become one of the best midfielders in the comp and if we were offered him for Tyson and Salem now, we would take it.

I'd bet he says loads of things that never materialise also

I'd bet he says loads of things that never materialise also
He does.

But the biggest issue with him is that he mostly just spouts vacuous garbage. I can’t even fathom how that sliding doors thing gets published.

Also his nose is too small.

He’s a flog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back