How big the fallout for The Loser of Crows v Dockers at Metricon ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantles issue for mine is that all their highly touted draft picks coming through haven't really developed to the level needed to drag the side up the ladder.
Players like Cerra, Brayshaw and Logue should be emerging stars but really haven't done much yet.
Logue was injured early in his career and has been outstanding as an undersized KPD this season. He will dominate once he gets to play the 3rd tall role down back.

Agree with you on Brayshaw and Cerra though.

Fremantles issue for mine is that all their highly touted draft picks coming through haven't really developed to the level needed to drag the side up the ladder.
Players like Cerra, Brayshaw and Logue should be emerging stars but really haven't done much yet.

They've just bled midfielders over the last few years. No midfield, no good. Fyfe can't do it all.

They've just bled midfielders over the last few years. No midfield, no good. Fyfe can't do it all.
Brayshaw and Cerra should be emerging stars mids supporting Fyfe.
Currently they aren't and they've been forced to play Walters on ball to get him impacting a game.
Ideally he would be a small forward kicking 50 goals a year because at the moment they cannot score.

Logue was injured early in his career and has been outstanding as an undersized KPD this season. He will dominate once he gets to play the 3rd tall role down back.

Agree with you on Brayshaw and Cerra though.
When I've watched Freo ive been left thinking he's not that naturally talented. Physically he looks ready just hasn't come together for whatever reason.

Young looks like a quality defender though who should end up elite.
Look forward to seeing Serong and Henry filter into the side.

Jesse Hogan has also been an unmitigated disaster. Such a shame because he was so promising at Melbourne early in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo have an edge in form but we are a brittle side ATM , injuries and players coming back from long term injuries and really getting carried by a few players

Adelaide don't seem to be a lot worse than Freo on paper but have been in poor form

I don't know why but I think the team that has looked worse often gets up and wins these type of games where the talent level is similar but one team ' looks ' to be playing better than the other

Are Freo really rebuilding? They've been cycling out quite a few players over the past few seasons, but they're more a youngish team with enough senior depth to compete against most teams.

The competition is just so even at the moment they've fallen close to the bottom after a few unlucky losses.

Just a term I guess

I feel you are either challenging for a flag or rebuilding. I guess there is a developing and consolidation period.

Just a term I guess

I feel you are either challenging for a flag or rebuilding. I guess there is a developing and consolidation period.

I know what you mean. There are certain connotations with the term ‘rebuild’ which have traditionally meant heavy turnover of the list, typically by hitting the draft hard.

Fremantle are still doing this, but their list is essentially built and in an intensive development stage to hopefully reap some rewards in the coming seasons.

When I've watched Freo ive been left thinking he's not that naturally talented. Physically he looks ready just hasn't come together for whatever reason.

Young looks like a quality defender though who should end up elite.
Look forward to seeing Serong and Henry filter into the side.

Jesse Hogan has also been an unmitigated disaster. Such a shame because he was so promising at Melbourne early in his career.

Have a good look at Hogan, only 2 games back, but is slowly regaining his mojo.

Haven't seen much said about how it's the only two teams who have new coaches (who weren't caretaker coaches - allowing players to understand the game plan) are currently sitting bottom two on the ladder. Pretty hard to get your new game planned drilled in over a preseason of zoom meetings and training in pairs, then groups of 8...

Don't think either team has much at stake tbh, neither is going anywhere near the 8 this year.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jones looked great against Brisbane. Fogarty will be a Jack Darling in time.

You would have 2 more first rounders if Young Reid didnt sell the farm for Gibbs.

We've actually already got a nice stock of draft picks stashed away....to go with our first ever pick 1.

The Crows have nothing to lose, they are at rock bottom.

If Freo lose, they are at rock bottom.

No one really cares about Adelaide or Freo.

Crows let Ellis-Yolmen, Betts, Jacobs, Greenwood, Keath, Jenkins go in the off season having lost Lever, Cameron, McGovern, Lyons since the 2017 GF.

Freo's team (including Mundy, Fyfe, Hill) wasn't much more experienced than Gold Coast on the weekend and Fyfe is out injured. They've had 3 debutants this year and have blooded a bunch of in the last couple of years. They aren't a 2020 flag threat and never were.

Eyes are firmly fixed on Richmond and West Coast who have won the last 3 flags between them and are playing horrible football. I am thankful that we aren't playing Adelaide this week because while that is an easy kill on paper if they rolled us all hell would break loose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back