How big the fallout for The Loser of Crows v Dockers at Metricon ?

Remove this Banner Ad

that top 10 draft hasn't really come good yet apart from Naughton and Stephenson.

Not written off yet but there's 8 players who i had expected to show more than they are.

There's a thread on the Dockers page about Brayshaw and Cerra not really living up to Picks 2 and 5 ye; which on the surface may be right - but it is beginning to look like a pretty mediocre draft pool. I'd argue we need to see more from Naughton to be sure he will come good - which leaves Stephenson and T Kelly (at 24) as probably the only two Top 30 picks to really be making a mark in their third year.

I think Brayshaw and Cerra will be serviceable, but jeez - when you think we got Young and Serong at picks 7 and 8 (plus Henry at 9 - who is perhaps the best of the three) and Tom Green went at 10 - I reckon that Raynor, Brayshaw and Cerra (who are the only ones I can comment on) would probably have gone outside the Top 10 last year.

In a shortened 17 game season, and both teams winless so far, Sunday's game up the Gold Coast between two of the worst performing teams in the league so far takes on extra significance (especially for the loser)

Granted, The Dockers are still hit hard by injury and have shown a lot more competitive spirit than The Crows so far (they were desperately unlucky against The Lions) but still, it's been a rocky and disappointing start for them, admittedly all away from WA so far, so I think they have some legit excuses.

Think there will be more at stake for the Adelaide Crows on Sunday, another poor performance/thrashing and that club will be plunged into another crisis I dare say, collectively the entire list and coaching staff have to lift, I get the fact that are bottoming out and stuck with cooked/past their prime players, but for morale k's sake (at least for their supporters/members) they need to put up a fight (Still think they can well and truly win this if they are mentally switched on)

Whatever it takes to force out Chapman, Roo and Fagan I'll be embracing.

Are Freo really rebuilding? They've been cycling out quite a few players over the past few seasons, but they're more a youngish team with enough senior depth to compete against most teams.

The competition is just so even at the moment they've fallen close to the bottom after a few unlucky losses.
Freo has been rebuilding, depending on who you ask, since round 5, 2016 when they lost to carlton or since round 2 of 2017 after that 89 point loss to Port at Adelaide oval.

Its an interesting rebuild.

But you look at freos season.... yeah they are 0-4 so focusing on the cold hard win/loss record is a bit stiff.

Lost 2 essendon by 6 points, Lost to Brisbane by 12 points, lost to port by 29 points, lost to Gold coast by 13 points. So technically, only beaten badly once.

In a shortened 17 game season, and both teams winless so far, Sunday's game up the Gold Coast between two of the worst performing teams in the league so far takes on extra significance (especially for the loser)

Granted, The Dockers are still hit hard by injury and have shown a lot more competitive spirit than The Crows so far (they were desperately unlucky against The Lions) but still, it's been a rocky and disappointing start for them, admittedly all away from WA so far, so I think they have some legit excuses.

Think there will be more at stake for the Adelaide Crows on Sunday, another poor performance/thrashing and that club will be plunged into another crisis I dare say, collectively the entire list and coaching staff have to lift, I get the fact that are bottoming out and stuck with cooked/past their prime players, but for morale k's sake (at least for their supporters/members) they need to put up a fight (Still think they can well and truly win this if they are mentally switched on)
On current form you back freo. but you never know.

Freo are being deprogrammed from the coaching of the great enemy of football, it will take some time.

Crows have low expectations although if Freo smash them then there will epic discontent

Lol and the Geelong fans obsession with Ross Lyon.

I love the anti Ross Lyon clowns posting here. Ross Lyons sexual predator tactics are no more. Let it go.

When you lose Neale 2xbnf bhilly bnf winner your rebuild will take longer.
Also take away our two key defenders(injuries) Who read it well protecting the midfield.
Add a new coach working under Covid restriction And the fact that freo won’t play in WA until rd 7 is the perfect storm for mediocrity.
At home we beat Gold Coast Port Brisbane.
There’s no pressure on either team It’s part of the cycle.
I think the most pressure is on the blues dees and bombers.

I despise him from his time coaching St Kilda. I know you want Freo to be relevant, I understand.....

Meh, relevancy is overrated. I'd rather be a deviant that noone pays attention to: much more fun.

Mind you that same philosophy did allegedly get Ross Lyon into trouble however....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo have been one of the best coached and most consistent sides to start the season. They just haven't had the talent to win games. They get Sturt back and can move Lobb forward but lose Fyfe.

The thing is with the way Freo are playing they're kind of more likely to upset an average side by being disciplined and harder for longer than they are beating bad sides, who rise up and go all out to beat them.

They should beat Adelaide, but Adelaide are now on the canvas and can get up a throw a few punches if they dig in for a big game.

I can't imagine the fall out would be too bad one way or another as long as it's not a blow out. Freo fans and the media surely recognise they've been brave and performed well without winning. Adelaide have reached past the crumbling stage of an early rebuild and straight to apathy.

Yeah port is a more experienced team but in the west even when we stink we seem to win then go to adelaide oval and get destroyed by 10 goals
Neutral venue, we creamed you. I have no doubt we'd have won in Perth atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back