Roast How bout we kick like AFL players should

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Who is the goalkicking coach at collingwood?

Nathan Buckley

As much as I love backs, we really need an actual forward coach, Bucks is good with the defensive side, doing fantastic just need a Lloyd to get them in the right technique. A.Rocca obviously isn't helping us much also.

I cannot believe the appalling standard of this team's kicking for goal. It has been a blight upon their games all of 2010. Who actually takes responsibility for instructing goal-kicking at the club? If this situation is not rectified soon, it may cost the team not only a final but perhaps even a flag.

I heard Jason Dunstall say on the radio some weeks ago that after every training session he would take 100 shots at goal. Now if it was good enough for him it is certainly good enought for our forwards.

I would strongly urge the club to consider the following individuals as being part-time kiciking consultants over the next month. They are Peter McKenna; Matthew Lloyd; Peter Daicos; Scott Lucas; or even Jason Dunstall. Can you think of anybody else that would be suitable? This weakness needs to be addressed ASAP.

Finally, there is no way Fraser can play in this team again. Far too soft and does not do enough damage around the ground with 7 disposals; 3 marks; and zero goals. Simply has no significant physical presence. The sooner Leigh Brown is back the better.

In relation to September, I am just hoping.

I couldn't agree more. Fair point!

Besides Cloke, It has nothing to do with their technique. It's between the ears where things turn to s**t. These guys can pinpoint a pass to a running target 40 meters out, and they do it with a seconds worth of thought. When they're about to take a set shot, they start thinking about not missing, how bad it will be in the rooms after the game when the guys are ripping him a new one do to his potential miss. How else can you explain Daisy's miss last week against the crows? Or to a lesser extent, Beams' miss against the hawks? If we don't take out the flag this year, you can bet ur ass that it will be due to inaccuracy in front of goal. We're the best team in everything else, but unless we can convert chances into goals, what will that matter? Unfortunately, we don't have the time to get in psychologists to unravel their brains this year. Next year try the psychs, the goal kicking coaching, hell, bring in a guru if that's what's needed. But in the limited time we have available now, try hypnotherapy. Get them to block out all the thoughts that are preventing them from kicking straight, get rid of all the pressure that they are conjuring up while they are lining up for goal. DO SOMETHING FFS!

Attach a Taser to their back, with a remote control panel in the coaches box and the taser connections attached to their nads.

Know that if you miss a gettable goal, MM is going to put 25,000 volts through your family jewels. If that's too hard, give the runner two bricks, same result.

FIX IT AND FIX IT NOW.
They should be out now kicking set shots.

I remember years ago, we (my old club team) kicked 5.20 in a game, pretty much the coach flicked the lights on after the game, out we went set shots, from 30 out. You had to stay there until each player kicked 10 in a row.
We were out until 9:30pm, the next week we kicked 13.1. You learn to care about your kicking when you do things like that.
Sounds like you had a terrific coach.

One time we kicked 4.23 and we lost by a point.

all the coach did was call every one a bunch of no good ***** and just stood there blasting us for a good 20 minutes.

Next week we kicked 3.17!

There is one alternative, if you are thirty out in a mark or free kick goal scoring situation, players turn their bodies to the side and face the goal side on and snap it. Medders did this once when he had no confidence and it worked (he was 20 out directly in front). When you snap the ball you have less room for error. When you kick it running in a straight line it can fade or go just about anywhere. It's ridiculous i know, but so is the predicament we are in.

I cannot believe the appalling standard of this team's kicking for goal. It has been a blight upon their games all of 2010. Who actually takes responsibility for instructing goal-kicking at the club? If this situation is not rectified soon, it may cost the team not only a final but perhaps even a flag.

I heard Jason Dunstall say on the radio some weeks ago that after every training session he would take 100 shots at goal. Now if it was good enough for him it is certainly good enought for our forwards.

I would strongly urge the club to consider the following individuals as being part-time kiciking consultants over the next month. They are Peter McKenna; Matthew Lloyd; Peter Daicos; Scott Lucas; or even Jason Dunstall. Can you think of anybody else that would be suitable? This weakness needs to be addressed ASAP.

Finally, there is no way Fraser can play in this team again. Far too soft and does not do enough damage around the ground with 7 disposals; 3 marks; and zero goals. Simply has no significant physical presence. The sooner Leigh Brown is back the better.

In relation to September, I am just hoping.

Why would Jason Dunstall offer his services to Collingwood? He has a full time job trying to teach Roughy to kick straight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I told you before the Hawthorn game, we only need to kick at 50% to win our games. But we're not even kicking at 50%.

50% against Hawthorn would have been 15.15.105 and we win. Still s**t kicking, but straight ENOUGH to win most games.

We clearly can't win a flag with our current accuracy. It's borderline forfeit time, because we're not even giving ourselves a chance.

Sounds like you had a terrific coach.

One time we kicked 4.23 and we lost by a point.

all the coach did was call every one a bunch of no good ***** and just stood there blasting us for a good 20 minutes.

Next week we kicked 3.17!
Haha, that'll teach him!

This is really starting to make me nervous..
If they are struggle to convert in the home and away season, the pressure of finals will only add to the problem.

If we go into a grand final and suffer the yips, we simply will not win.

In saying that, finishing on top ranked 14th for accuracy is a huge effort and shows the class we have all over the ground and is a credit to the backline. Kinda scary to think if we could kick straight, would have only lost 1 game if any..

Bring on the finals.. :thumbsu:

On a brighter note Kosi and Roo kicked 1.3 between them, so we're not the only ones with this problem.

And to think how we started the season 8 goals 2 behinds in the first against the Dogs. Lets get that back.
Yep and it cost Geelong the game and probably a GF spot last night. Seems to be so important in finals, eg last year's GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back