Opinion How can Dustin Martin back up his amazing 2017 season?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he was GF BOG but I thought Adelaide's tactics restricted Dusty, they were sending at least three guys to tackle him evry time he had the ball and they were very concious of the fend arm.

Think our mids will gradually need to develop counter-tactics like blocking etc to ensure Dusty continues to thrive.

I know he was GF BOG but I thought Adelaide's tactics restricted Dusty, they were sending at least three guys to tackle him evry time he had the ball and they were very concious of the fend arm.

Think our mids will gradually need to develop counter-tactics like blocking etc to ensure Dusty continues to thrive.
We've had practise learning how to look after Cotch, so hopefully it continues, can't imagine the guys not.

Just hope we don't see a repeat of the Brisbane game and have some 'hero' trying to cork/scrag outside of the spirit of the game!!

Perfect scenario. That’s two of our mids standing by themselves. Long may this tactic continue

No chance Dusty’s form slides.
As we saw all through 2017, he dealt with pressures and expectations easily as, in his own words “I just go out there and play”.
Dude is a football machine.
giphy.gif

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-17_11-9-31.jpeg
    upload_2017-12-17_11-9-31.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 198
Perfect scenario. That’s two of our mids standing by themselves. Long may this tactic continue

And considering that 4-1 contested to uncontested ratio of possessions they can put three and we would have no great loss even then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the mans confidence has just gone up another level and he'll become truly unstoppable. I'd reckon two more premierships and another brownlow would put him in GOAT territory and he's still so young.... still some blokes reach the pinnacle and loose the hunger. I guess we'll see!

Surely the mans confidence has just gone up another level and he'll become truly unstoppable. I'd reckon two more premierships and another brownlow would put him in GOAT territory and he's still so young.... still some blokes reach the pinnacle and loose the hunger. I guess we'll see!
Just can't see Dusty losing the hunger, I think he loves playing the game, but not necessarily all the other off field s**t that comes with it. I remember reading an article after the brownlow how as a junior playing senior footy he'd be out snapping goals around he's body at training after everybody else had finished. Even looking at him training now he appears to be loving it. Also think Dimma pulls all the right strings with him.

As long as Cotch lets Dusty baby sit his kids! :p
He'll do all the AFL awards.:footy:
Dusty and the whole team have gone up a cog already this early in the year.
Success brings oodles of confidence, which will make Dusty UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!
Cheers everyone:cool:

Wouldn't work..

Dusty would run around our players looking for oppo players so he could fend them off. ;)

I think we know the answer.
Having injuries behind your tattoos doesn't help either.

The end of his home and away season looked very good, he was cooked in the PF though from that corkie.

Reckon his 2019 will be better than his 2018 but realistically 2017 is going to be far and away his career best year.
His performance in the QF showed the mood he was in. He had space in the trophy cabinet, and it’s still there.

He'll be back in 2019 to 2017 form. He's said that this year it got into his head that he needed to be the 2017 version. Another year on and he'll have learnt. Smart bugger Mr Martin. He's one of those that thinks slow, but thinks deep I reckon. Come back stronger and better next year. Like the Tiger team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back