Home & Garden How can I get lounge chairs removed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Look up your councils website. I know where I am that a household gets x amount of free hard rubbish call outs per year, they just keep it quiet.

Alternatively put it up for a $1, pick up only, on Ebay and someone that restores them might bite for the frame.

This is why it's good to cultivate friendships with a couple of tradies. Sometimes you just need a ute.

What sort of neighbourhood do you live in? Many uni students around? I live on a main road. Last time I wanted to get rid of a couch, I put it out the front on a sunny Saturday and it was gone by lunchtime.

Otherwise I'd put it on Gumtree as free to anyone who'll pick it up.

Do you no longer want them? If they are good then given them to St Vinnies or the Salvos etc. They collect from homes for no charge.

Look up your councils website. I know where I am that a household gets x amount of free hard rubbish call outs per year, they just keep it quiet.

Alternatively put it up for a $1, pick up only, on Ebay and someone that restores them might bite for the frame.

This. They get picked up AND they pay YOU to do it! (may only be .99c but hey, it gets the job done!)

Leave them outside your house for a day, hopefully someone will take them. If not you may have to take them to the tip (somehow).

Do you no longer want them? If they are good then given them to St Vinnies or the Salvos etc. They collect from homes for no charge.

Thats what they tell you but unless its pristine they can't take apparently due to health regs.

I rang em once, they came out and under the cushions was a hole the size of a 5 cent coin...

"Nah mate sorry we can't take it"...

Thankfully the removalist grabbed it pronto:thumbsu:

Yeah go the council pick-up, but it comes down to timing of said pick up and date of move.

Got a dog? Mine has destroyed a couch in 2 hours literally only fluff, bits of fabric and pieces of wood...thinking of hiring him out to recycling companies lol

Do you have a towbar?

Rock up to Bunnings, buy a 5.4m length of timber (a piece of fingerjointed moulding for $5 will do the trick). Pick up courtesy trailer for two hours. Dump lounge chairs, drive back to Bunnings (and if you're stingy, get a refund on the stick of timber).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back