Analysis How can this Collingwood side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

The How Can They Be Stopped threads are fantastic. I was thinking of putting up a Swans one...why not?

Anyway, several contenders, anything can happen, I 'll be able to watch and enjoy with no skin in the game. Can't wait.

But 8 points would be a smashing then 🤔 last time we won by that margin was in June.
Well what I meant to say is the Pies would beat us easily, not sure why you'd get hung up on the specific margin

Glass half empty: They have won a number of very close games.

Glass half full: They have won 11 straight games leading in to finals.

I personally think they are a genuine premiership contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah not at all, Pies would smash Geelong if they were playing right now.. maybe not smash, but they'd win by 8 points or something

Yeah aside from the Pies we've only played struggling minnow clubs at the MCG this year....we're no chance.

The topic is about Collingwood not Carlton. As I said the dreaded Colliwobbles will set in once again in September
And as I answered, we’ve got a positive win/loss ratio in September over the last quarter of a century. Share a time we’ve ‘choked’ to warrant the Colliwobbles call, or just being a troll?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glass half empty: They have won a number of very close games.

Glass half full: They have won 11 straight games leading in to finals.

I personally think they are a genuine premiership contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well if you finish top 4 then you are a genuine contender no matter how you got there, 3 wins in September and you win a flag.

Interesting all the chatter about the pies having a worrying trend of winning games despite being statistically dominated. Good example being last Friday night against the Dees

It didn't worry the Tigs during our 3 in 4 reign. Look at the match stats from our qualifying final against Brisbane in 2019

Acknowledging Collingwood are playing a similar game to the Tiger Dynasty, I reckon it is a sustainable, economic, low possession form of max-damage footy

& a lot has to be said for the opportunities they create in front of goal - often high % shots with high likelihood for kicking goals

Teams like Melbourne can under-estimate at their own risk (are you listening Langdon)

Interesting all the chatter about the pies having a worrying trend of winning games despite being statistically dominated. Good example being last Friday night against the Dees

It didn't worry the Tigs during our 3 in 4 reign. Look at the match stats from our qualifying final against Brisbane in 2019

Acknowledging Collingwood are playing a similar game to the Tiger Dynasty, I reckon it is a sustainable, economic, low possession form of max-damage footy

& a lot has to be said for the opportunities they create in front of goal - often high % shots with high likelihood for kicking goals

Teams like Melbourne can under-estimate at their own risk (are you listening Langdon)
There's no more important stat in football than how you enter your forward 50, we see it in every game of football, every weekend. The amount of possessions, contested or otherwise or even the amount of inside 50's counts for little if not utilised. This is why the teams that can compete on a consistent level, moving the footy at speed 'with even numbers in the forward half' have the best chance. Throwing numbers behind the ball or a extra number at stoppage defeats the long-term purpose of the forward line scoring more consistency, regardless of what any stat maybe.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back