Analysis How can this Collingwood side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Explain why you believe Collingwood is a ‘middling side’. Curious to hear.
They are middling over the whole season. Had they lost say 5 of those close ones they'd be 11th now..but strategically/tactically are the best atm, best at somehow keeping games close and winning them.

They are middling over the whole season. Had they lost say 5 of those close ones they'd be 11th now..but strategically/tactically are the best atm, best at somehow keeping games close and winning them.
On the flip side, had they won games they were on top of in the Eagles and Cats, they’d be outright first too. It works both ways too.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You one of those woke types where straight, white people should never be offended by anything compared to others? What does “at least it wasn’t racist” mean exactly? Ones worse than the other?
Yes racism is worse than bad sportsmanship what are you talking about. Both can be bad but racism clearly has to far more capacity to cause harm.

Yes racism is worse than bad sportsmanship what are you talking about. Both can be bad but racism clearly has to far more capacity to cause harm.
Yeah we’ll tell people their feelings don’t matter because racism is still a thing. Great attitude.

Yeah we’ll tell people their feelings don’t matter because racism is still a thing. Great attitude.
Clearly didn't say "people's feelings don't matter" and I thought it was a bit crap to boo an injured player but you said "ones worse than the other?" And yes, one is worse than the other.

At least it wasn't racist.
"Look over there!"

No need to look a decade into the past to justify current poor behaviour. The Goodes situation was bad. Doesn't mean that booing a dude who is off injured while your team is 6 goals up is not also bad.

The better team won, I'm not salty about the result. But let's not make excuses for shitty behaviour re the booing, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

"Look over there!"

No need to look a decade into the past to justify current poor behaviour. The Goodes situation was bad. Doesn't mean that booing a dude who is off injured while your team is 6 goals up is not also bad.

The better team won, I'm not salty about the result. But let's not make excuses for shitty behaviour re the booing, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

No, you are correct, he is just a kid and doesn't deserve the attention, however the attention will subside if he makes some changes.

The previous post is not justifying poor behaviour, but the seemingly witless driveby post is pointing something out. There is a significant contrast between booing an individual being born a certain way, versus booing someone's learned behaviour that can be changed. There is, nuanced context that have ramifications far beyond a singular individuals feelings that can be improved by changing one's learned behaviour, i.e. chickenwinging, versus the idea of improving one's stature in society by changing one's dna, one that affects not only the individual but a wider community of historically marginalised, and dehumanised groups that in reality relies on change by society itself. It is not a whataboutism, rather treat it as a juxtaposition of how two seemingly similar looking events are in fact worlds apart.

The incident for some, triggers a reminder of such recent history and yes some of us are still affected that racism happens so close to home even in a modern society that is supposed to have grown, so this juxtaposition is that reminder that australian society has a long way to go.

But bumbat, how am I supposed to get all that just by one line, from your ridiculous driveby? Well dear reader, sometimes you aren't the direct audience.

Their loss to Sydney leaves them in a knifes edge with a desperate Carlton (who should have beaten Melbourne) playing for their place in the finals. If they succeed the double chance, if they fail its Richmond at the G, the bitter cup.

No, you are correct, he is just a kid and doesn't deserve the attention, however the attention will subside if he makes some changes.

The previous post is not justifying poor behaviour, but the seemingly witless driveby post is pointing something out. There is a significant contrast between booing an individual being born a certain way, versus booing someone's learned behaviour that can be changed. There is, nuanced context that have ramifications far beyond a singular individuals feelings that can be improved by changing one's learned behaviour, i.e. chickenwinging, versus the idea of improving one's stature in society by changing one's dna, one that affects not only the individual but a wider community of historically marginalised, and dehumanised groups that in reality relies on change by society itself. It is not a whataboutism, rather treat it as a juxtaposition of how two seemingly similar looking events are in fact worlds apart.

The incident for some, triggers a reminder of such recent history and yes some of us are still affected that racism happens so close to home even in a modern society that is supposed to have grown, so this juxtaposition is that reminder that australian society has a long way to go.

But bumbat, how am I supposed to get all that just by one line, from your ridiculous driveby? Well dear reader, sometimes you aren't the direct audience.
The act of thousands of people booing the injured teenager is written off as ‘attention’
And this ‘attention’ provided by the thousands will subside once the said teenager changes his behaviour.
The mob will boo the kid into changing his behaviour to that of which the mob approves.
Shameful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back