Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't read over the thread but why hasn't Jacob Van Rooyen been given a crack this season, has looked a real KPF prospect in the reserves against the Lions, big unit for a kid his age, looks agile and can clunk a mark.

No they sucked in last quarters this season.
They even had a graphic on it at 3/4 time .
I think it said "fading Demons".
Yep, seemed like a fitness issue. They are a big bodied side and the run and gun play style of the Pies, Swans and Cats exploited it. They need to lose some weight and get a bit of speed and endurance into their defence and midfield.

We just won’t play brown next year. We did get a great finals performance from him. Last year.

Correct. One could argue that he was one of the key reasons your forward line fired in September last year. Regardless, he's still a Demons premiership player.

Same thing could be said about Townsend at the Tiges in '17. He goes forward in the last month of the season as effectively a spoil against the intercept players and becomes the critical component in what becomes a highly efficient and functioning forward line.

I thought Brown would come good again this year but not to be for the Demons. And may never do again.

Correct. One could argue that he was one of the key reasons your forward line fired in September last year. Regardless, he's still a Demons premiership player.

Same thing could be said about Townsend at the Tiges in '17. He goes forward in the last month of the season as effectively a spoil against the intercept players and becomes the critical component in what becomes a highly efficient and functioning forward line.

I thought Brown would come good again this year but not to be for the Demons. And may never do again.
I think the cliff can come very quickly for some. Hannebery a perfect example. Brown has played 160 games for 340 goals and is a premiership player. Decent career.

I haven't read over the thread but why hasn't Jacob Van Rooyen been given a crack this season, has looked a real KPF prospect in the reserves against the Lions, big unit for a kid his age, looks agile and can clunk a mark.
Because Goodwin can be a stubborn fool and likes to play his favourites in the name of continuity.

JVR is a lock for Round 1 next year, and is our best KPF prospect in a long time.

Good news getting Jackson off the books.

When Darcy Fort controlled your 2 million dollar ruck combo it tells you exactly why you shouldn’t be spending to much money there

So Brown is the fall guy for shiitehouse forward gameplan and delivery?

The club will take a sober look at the system and team connection first, I don't think they'll think replacing Brown solves the problem.

Winning by 10 goals isn’t luck.

We kicked ourselves out of Friday night. Don’t get away from the fact we had plenty of opportunity to score and missed a lot.
Lucky you got Brisbane in the situation you did during the home and away. Brisbane had not lost by more than 14 points at any other stage during the season. Its not you, its me.

Melbourne have shown on a number of occasions that they don't play well when the pressure is applied. Brisbane applied pressure, and won it when it counted. Bad kicking is bad footy, if you want excuses, I can name a few as well, no Joe Daniher, no Oscar McInerney, no Marcus Adams. Enjoy the game on Friday.

So basically a fit Tom McDonald will be a better option at half the cost ;)
This is who I think you should have been going after (genuinely).

a7e731689d1c10679acee55526d1715b1b572d18-4x3-x918y27w1627h1220.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news getting Jackson off the books.

When Darcy Fort controlled your 2 million dollar ruck combo it tells you exactly why you shouldn’t be spending to much money there
Using 1 game as a sample size is utterly ******* stupid

That ruck duo dominated last years finals series and Grand Final

Because Goodwin can be a stubborn fool and likes to play his favourites in the name of continuity.

JVR is a lock for Round 1 next year, and is our best KPF prospect in a long time.
Watched JVR in the VFL against Brisbane in both late season games and he was very impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back