Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think the only chances of a loss are Rd17 at the cattery, rd22 against Carlton or Rd23 against Brisbane at the Gabba

but also have to remember that every team is out to get us.
Thats schoolboy level rhetoric. The "hunters" and the "hunted".
All a crock. You dont think teams try to win against anyone they play in any given week?
Oh and the ol lament of " they played their grand final against us"
Just childish gibberish.

Pray for the return of both Sunshine and Fyfe then, otherwise you're going to be bored.
I don’t blame your boys for putting in a stinker against a an irrelevant team, probs had their mind on taking on the Dees this week. ”Bigger fishies to fry!!!”.

Can’t wait to see both Brayshaws on the field, hope Fyfe’s back and the weather is warm!! Bring your best Dockers!!

Bit disrespectful of what Richmond has achieved in recent seasons. 3 flags in 4 years. You can argue individual seasons but a sustained period of success is what is long remembered. We couldnt do it. You may. But havent as of yet. So I think some respect is warranted to what Richmond has achieved in the last 5 years without spouting off like an entitled child.
Mate it’s the disrespect coming from one particular Richmond supporter at Melbournes premiership, I’m just giving back was he’s giving out. Of course I have respect at Richmond’s era, Richmond supporters say oppo fans tell them their era was weak, I’ve been saying weak era’s a BS and Richmond’s era is a good as any.

Melbourne were capable of beating anyone they came against in the finals. Richmond weren’t. It’s not a harder Comp just because you say it is. Richmond couldn’t do what Melbourne did. Finish 1st, beat every top 8 team and win the premiership. Melbourne’s 2021 individually better than any of Richmond’s

We’ll see how many you win though. We also had bad injuries in 2019 and 2020 on top of peak COVID playing away. I don’t think you could’ve done what we did. Imagine losing May for 2 whole years like Rance. You guys are whinging about injuries now saying that’s the reason you lost against the blues in the pre season game.

Last edited:
We’ll see how many you win though. We also had bad injuries in 2019 and 2020 on top of peak COVID playing away. I don’t think you could’ve done what we did. Imagine losing May for 2 whole years like Rance. You guys are whinging about injuries now saying that’s the reason you lost against the blues in the pre season game.
Lol a pre season game. 😂

Mate it’s the disrespect coming from one particular Richmond supporter at Melbournes premiership, I’m just giving back was he’s giving out. Of course I have respect at Richmond’s era, Richmond supporters say oppo fans tell them their era was weak, I’ve been saying weak era’s a BS and Richmond’s era is a good as any.
OK. Im new to the thread so dont know the ongoing argument and it seems a waste of my time to read back if its just petty one-upmanship.
Every premiership should be respected. Beyond doubt.
A legacy tho. Is another level. Tiges achieved this. You are potentially a third of the way there. I know we are all passionate and partisan to our respective supported teams but respect should be duly given when it has been earnt.

Dees are too good. You’re not even close to full throttle and no one has looked like beating you yet
So far, still a while to go. Tigers only a game away from the top 4 and in 2019 and 20 peaked at the back end of the seasons. Tigers hitting the top 4 wound make things interesting.

It'll probably be someone we dont expect. Melbourne are a great side on an impressive winning streak but look far from unbeatable.

Losing one might actually be the best thing for them. They look complacent at times. Flicking the switch for one quarter might work against the bottom sides but leaves them vulnerable.

Carlton is the one that might be able to do it. They’ve got the right mix in their best 22, with dominate key position at both ends which gives them a chance. Can they do it in a final though?

It'll probably be someone we dont expect. Melbourne are a great side on an impressive winning streak but look far from unbeatable.

Losing one might actually be the best thing for them. They look complacent at times. Flicking the switch for one quarter might work against the bottom sides but leaves them vulnerable.
We only look complacent against lower sides. We've shown a steely resolve and ability to turn up against the 'challengers'. Like any good side, they enjoy playing against better teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only look complacent against lower sides. We've shown a steely resolve and ability to turn up against the 'challengers'. Like any good side, they enjoy playing against better teams.

I think after a while the numbers and separation becomes a psychological challenge. You start thinking subconsciously you are better than you are. Like your entitled to win every game.

Watching the game on the weekend it looked like there was a anticipation it was going to happen in some players movements because North where so far down the ladder rather than everybody doing the little things to get things going.

When Melbourne got going and the players felt they where moving forward I got the sense they felt more normal that this was back to their type of game, started to enjoy it more and as a team they where working together to get the job done.

It is a interesting dynamic, you are allowed to win, they can keep winning if they want to, but it is not going to be given to them. Next week will be interesting without Langdon. If Melbourne want to win, they can win but is winning part of their DNA? Do they want to win? Do they want to achieve do they want to succeed?

How strong is the team connection at Melbourne that they work together when they cross the line?, We shall see. How strong do they want to play well for their teammates and fans?

Last edited:
I agree. And Goody has no care to smash teams off the park offensively. It’s about defence. And it’s no issue with a percentage of 160%.

I think after a while the numbers and separation becomes a psychological challenge. You start thinking subconsciously you are better than you are. Like your entitled to win every game.

Watching the game on the weekend it looked like there was a anticipation it was going to happen in some players movements because North where so far down the ladder rather than everybody doing the little things to get things going.

When Melbourne got going and the players felt they where moving forward I got the sense they felt more normal that this was back to their type of game, started to enjoy it more and as a team they where working together to get the job done.

It is a interesting dynamic, you are allowed to win, they can keep winning if they want to, but it is not going to be given to them. Next week will be interesting without Langdon. If Melbourne want to win, they can win but is winning part of their DNA? Do they want to win? Do they want to achieve do they want to succeed?

How strong is the team connection at Melbourne that they work together when they cross the line?, We shall see. How strong do they want to play well for their teammates and fans?
Thought the game pretty much played out just like every other one of our games this year.

We’ve won one flag. And may win more. People say the
Competition is weak. As if I give a rats about that.

I think the competition is fairly weak at the moment but the current Melbourne side would be competitive against some of the better sides in history.

Perhaps lacking a star key forward but the system just works.

The flag is worth the same every year regardless. I say enjoy it.

Carlton is the one that might be able to do it. They’ve got the right mix in their best 22, with dominate key position at both ends which gives them a chance. Can they do it in a final though?

We don’t have a Gawn and our wings are nowhere near as good.

I think we stack up well on paper but the Demons system is far better.

If the stars align. Maybe.

I agree. And Goody has no care to smash teams off the park offensively. It’s about defence. And it’s no issue with a percentage of 160%.
You don't need to worry about % if you don't lose

They get a dream run with umpires too which helps. Funny that Gary Lyon called it the best run hes seen a team get for a very long time.

They get a dream run with umpires too which helps. Funny that Gary Lyon called it the best run hes seen a team get for a very long time.

If that's the case why has it taken us until recently to get into plus territory? We were near the bottom of the free kick ladder for a significant portion of the season.

I love how people only take Lyon and his opinion seriously when they want to, otherwise they write him off.

Have you though? Dees have only played one of the top 6. The next 6 weeks will be interesting. Freo, Swans, Pies, Brisbane, Crows and Cats. We'll get a good idea how Melbourne compare against the other top sides.

The umpiring on Saturday was pretty bad in the first half against North

But do you seriously think that is why e are on a 17 game winning streak?

If that's the case why has it taken us until recently to get into plus territory? We were near the bottom of the free kick ladder for a significant portion of the season.

I love how people only take Lyon and his opinion seriously when they want to, otherwise they write him off.
Are you talking this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back