Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely. As I stated numerous times, it's obvious both to the eye and stats wise that Melbourne is not the team you were in September '21.

And as I've also pointed out, who gives a sh1t. It's mid point of the season, the Dees are second playing inconsistent football with a stack of improvement in them. Now the attitude problem can be fixed...if the players want it enough. The #1 pressure team from last year is 2nd last. That can be fixed but it's been a huge factor.

The 2nd problem being the forward line is harder to fix. You need either Brown or Weideman to stand up. You don't necessarily need them to kick a lot of goals but you do need them to being taking marks. I have very little confidence that they can do so but then again, Brown surprised me in the back end of last year. So it is possible.

The coaching staff will have earnt their pay this year if they can turn it around.
Tonight was better than any of our H&A performances last year at least.

QQhEM4P.jpeg

Well. I guess the bye we all we needed. Oh and Steven May.

No Max Gawn or Tom MacDonald

Not who you play but when you play them- Lions are missing many and copped Demons after 3 losses, and Adams off depletes them.
They were literally only missing three players and Adams played the whole match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only team that beats us is us. We've been playing so far beneath our best this season. Until this week. it was good for the real Melbourne to come out. Hopefully it stays.

Last time I checked, the only teams to beat you were Fremantle, Sydney and Collingwood (so far).

Dees are going nowhere.

Honestly "No May, No Melbourne" is a big of a cop out. Let's give the rest of the team some credit. Obviously he's an important player, but he wouldn't have made much difference in our losses.

We averaged 8 goals from 50+ inside 50s those 3 games, May being there doesn't stop our Mids bombing it inside 50 in those games.
Last year we won 3 games with May injured (im including games he was injured in the first 10minutes) and we lost 4 game where he did play

Honestly "No May, No Melbourne" is a big of a cop out. Let's give the rest of the team some credit. Obviously he's an important player, but he wouldn't have made much difference in our losses.

We averaged 8 goals from 50+ inside 50s those 3 games, May being there doesn't stop our Mids bombing it inside 50 in those games.
Last year we won 3 games with May injured (im including games he was injured in the first 10minutes) and we lost 4 game where he did play
I'm not sure, much like Weitering, he's a general down back. Not having a good key defender like that does more than just let through a few more goals, it has a pretty impactful flow-on effect.

I'm not sure, much like Weitering, he's a general down back. Not having a good key defender like that does more than just let through a few more goals, it has a pretty impactful flow-on effect.

Yeah I agree he's very important, same as Weitering. But to say they're the sole reason for their teams success (as some have suggested) is just disrespectful to the rest of the team imo

Like I said , we've won games without May, and Lost some with May.

Yeah I agree he's very important, same as Weitering. But to say they're the sole reason for their teams success (as some have suggested) is just disrespectful to the rest of the team imo

Like I said , we've won games without May, and Lost some with May.
May was dreadful tonight too. Gift wrapped Fitzroy 3 goals. 1 from a bad handball to Brayshaw, 1 with a sloppy free kick to Daniher and 1 with a turnover that went 5m over Bowey's head. 3 direct goals given from May. He owes us too after missing for a few weeks.

Yeah because they did a heavy training load before the bye, I’m convinced. If they bring that intensity in September, no one is getting near them.
Or maybe Brisbane just struggle in Melbourne and can't handle the pressure of expectation and occasion as previously demonstrated by their piss-poor finals record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back