Toast How can this Sydney side be stopped

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you’re taking the piss but reckon they’ll make the GF.

No chance against the runaway freight train that is Geelong though.
Never underestimate the psychological effect of the Cats' finals hoodoo. And they are getting a bit old, let's be honest.

But yeah, probably right. Sydney looking good, but Geelong have been looking good for longer, and possibly their older list will prove an advantage in finals.

Our only encounter with them this year was briefly interrupted by a minor kerfuffle, so hard to draw too many conclusions from it:

proxy-3.jpg

Everyone seems to be talking up the Cats, but Sydney are in this up to their eyeballs. Should finished 2nd and get 2 x finals at the SCG so would almost certainly make the Granny from here.

Their list is so even all over the ground and very well coached. It's gonna be very hard to stop them.

Incredibly even this year. In my opinion anyone of about 6 or 7 sides can win the premiership. The team I would least like to come up against would be Sydney. Talent on every line. Young, hungry, in form, good game plan and there just doesn't seem to be any weakness.

Never underestimate the psychological effect of the Cats' finals hoodoo. And they are getting a bit old, let's be honest.

But yeah, probably right. Sydney looking good, but Geelong have been looking good for longer, and possibly their older list will prove an advantage in finals.

Our only encounter with them this year was briefly interrupted by a minor kerfuffle, so hard to draw too many conclusions from it:

View attachment 1479183

Steve Jobs has a lot to ******* answer for TBH

I don't rate Geelong because you generally get rich by betting against Geelong in September.

Of the other finals contenders, I think Sydney is the top of the bunch. They're looking like having a home qualifier and the double chance.

My sneaky pick is Sydney beats Melbourne in the big dance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone seems to be talking up the Cats, but Sydney are in this up to their eyeballs. Should finished 2nd and get 2 x finals at the SCG so would almost certainly make the Granny from here.

Their list is so even all over the ground and very well coached. It's gonna be very hard to stop them.

Well I said this before. They didn't finish 2nd, but that didn't matter. Should make the granny from here and will like their chances against any of their likely opponents.

I know you’re taking the piss but reckon they’ll make the GF.

No chance against the runaway freight train that is Geelong though.
They have to get over Collingwood first, loser of tomorrows game goes out in straight sets IMO.

Sydney are just so impressive, they consistently pull out big finals wins like this against quality oppo with blokes like Rowbottom and Gulden stepping up and starring.

Heeney was meant to be the next superstar of the comp but they don't even need him to be that, they're so well balanced. They turn a journeyman like Hickey into a core component, nab Papley in the rookie draft, and old reliables like Parker just keep getting it done. So impressed by how they're run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back