How can we lift wages? Wages vs unemployment and more

Remove this Banner Ad

You should have been working for the public service. The VPS pay rises of 3.25% a year allow the Andrew's government to claim Victorian wage rises are the highest in the country, while private sector wages in the state have stagnated.
In fairness ceo wages gave risen exponentially.

If only the rest of us could decide when we need pay rises that arent tied to any kind of productivity / profitability / ethics

* Sigh

You should have been working for the public service. The VPS pay rises of 3.25% a year allow the Andrew's government to claim Victorian wage rises are the highest in the country, while private sector wages in the state have stagnated.
And good on 'em. Their economy and budget are tracking well. Eventually the private sector will have to offer more wages to compete with the public sector.

And good on 'em. Their economy and budget are tracking well.

The economy and budget are not 'tracking well'. As pointed out before GDP will always be high when you increase population. GDP per capita, which is a measure of whether people are better off, is low.

Eventually the private sector will have to offer more wages to compete with the public sector.

LOL. Perhaps everyone should be in the public sector. Except there will be no one in the private sector to pay for it.

The public sector is typically seen as a bore, hence they have to start offering decent pay packets to convince people from the private sector to retire there. I'm likely to retire to a local council when I'm 50, be at the office for 7 hours a day, work for 3 and take an RDO every fortnight. It's a great lifestyle on offer.

Don't know about you guys but since I joined my current company mid 2016 my salary had gone up 83% + I got a car all exp paid which takes me well into the 90s. Since I started working FT mid 2015 my salary has gone up 156%.

Dno what slow wage growth or crisis you're talking about.

Don't know about you guys but since I joined my current company mid 2016 my salary had gone up 83% + I got a car all exp paid which takes me well into the 90s. Since I started working FT mid 2015 my salary has gone up 156%.

Part time at McDonalds to full time and then full time delivery driver?

Oh jeez rupiedupie read it and weep. Thats the difference of life choices you and I have made.

Lol where did you come from? Good for you I guess lol.

But you lack the ability to realize not everyone receives handouts or generosity from their employers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better shut the ABS down and all research arms of major financial institutions, we have a single data point!

Wage growth has not kept pace with returns on capital.lo

One biproduct is greatly inflated propert prices, which are massively more expensive comparatively now, than in the 70's. Rise in certain asset prices though is destinct from the specific relationship between wages and some consumer goods. Cost of some services though, like power prices have seen a real relative increase.

It's not that real wages have decline?d, it's that the rate of growth has stalled. It has also massively been outstripped by capital growth, hence rising inequality.

Super aka salary sacrifice been with us since Keating undeniably a hand brake on consumer spending, is it time to review the cost/benefit?
Note review not scrap.

See the TWU & CFMEU are taking a 15% supet rate to the ALP fed conference.
Prefer money in the skyrocket or more super?
Take the cash unaminous at my place!
They're not pushing it for workers, they're pushing it (along with trying to get the government to kill off for-profit super funds) so more money goes to them via the industry superannuation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back