How come Richmond don't play West Coast in Perth?

Remove this Banner Ad

1 Brisbane away
2 GWS home
3 Pies away
4 Derby
5 Port home
6 Cats away
7 Suns home
8 Saints away
9 Demons home
10 Crows away
11 Dogs home
12 Swans away
13 Bye
14 Bombers home
15 Hawks away
16 Derby
17 Pies home
18 Demons away
19 North home
20 Blues away
21 Crows home
22 Tigers away
23 Hawks home

Why do you think this? Nobody else does.

****ed if I know. Maybe for some reason, I read a comment on here about how the top 6 should play each other twice or that they would and got it mixed up with reading it from some news source somehow.

I think that's what should happen. The seventh return match can be for derbies and rivalries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The top six don't play each other twice?

I thought they were supposed to be next season.

If not, never mind.
Top 6 teams double up against 2 or 3 of the other top 6 teams. From that pool we got Melbourne, Collingwood and GWS. No room for WC. We played them once over there in 2018 so it’s about right that we play them once over here this year.

Yeah I never really care about the fixture in advance, but like the OP I thought the same.

My understanding was that each club played each other once (17 games) and 1-6, 7-12, 13-18 from the previous year's ladder positioning doubled up, making it 22 games.

Obviously judging from comments I have been mistaken. Can someone shed some light on this? Was the above ever the case?? Or have I completely just made this up in my head!

Cheers

Yeah I never really care about the fixture in advance, but like the OP I thought the same.

My understanding was that each club played each other once (17 games) and 1-6, 7-12, 13-18 from the previous year's ladder positioning doubled up, making it 22 games.

Obviously judging from comments I have been mistaken. Can someone shed some light on this? Was the above ever the case?? Or have I completely just made this up in my head!

Cheers

This has never been the case, because there are some guaranteed double ups no matter what the ladder position is of their respective teams (eg western derby, showdown, NSW/Qld derbies, Essendon v Collingwood etc etc etc).

The grouping of teams of 1-6, 7-12 and 13-18 is simply to ensure teams are more likely to double up with those roughly around the same ladder position.

A massive centuries long conspiracy by the Viccos, working in conjunction with the reverse vampires and the RAND Corporation, to do over Western Australia.

A massive centuries long conspiracy by the Viccos, working in conjunction with the reverse vampires and the RAND Corporation, to do over Western Australia.

Most WC supporters are glad we are playing them at the G. We were sick of hearing that we only flogged them because it was in Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back