• 5/10 - 50/50 chance

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • 4/10 - I think we will just lose

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 3/10 - Richmond home ground and lots of fans

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • 2/10 -We are no chance

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10 - No point. When was the last time we won 3 finals in a row?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0/10 - Sack our coach!!!

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

come on oliver

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, I'm a bit less confident this morning, after reading that Clarkson is Hardwick's mentor, and they've been chatting together about the game. That's a worry.

What a joke. Haven't heard of that happening before. Are we having a chat to Blighty.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am confident to the extent that our best football is 5 x better than Richmonds when we are on. We have more class all over the field. What worries me is whether Richmond get a jump on us and then can shut down the game which is a possibility. Richmond however, must not give us the time and space they afforded GWS in the prelim or we will cut them up. In a big expanse like the MCG it will be tough. They got away with it against Geelong because Geelong play a similar game style and aren't really a hard running fast ball movement team. GWS should have won their game their game as well. Had arguably way more opportunities but blew it.

It's hard to believe we are the best team going into a grand final. So this is all new. When it comes down to it though, this GF is for us to lose.

Prediction, Adelaide by 35

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes, I'm a bit less confident this morning, after reading that Clarkson is Hardwick's mentor, and they've been chatting together about the game. That's a worry.

Meh, i dont think they will magically turn into Hawthorn. He would just be advising him on how to deal with the pressures of the day.

kiwicrow

Team Captain
Jun 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
10 - I honestly think that apart from individual brilliance from Martin and Cotchin, that we can cover, Richmond do not have the structures or discipline to go with us for four quarters. Both finals we have been clinically precise, and brave, we'll grind them down over four quarters and win comfortably, I'm absolutely certain.

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
Still calm and collected

But the nerves are slightly starting to come to the top. But i still think we have this

Have a shortish day at work today, then off tomorrow for leave as me and my son fly to Melbourne in the afternoon. I think it'll really kick in then

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Collingwood game is actually something that will ease my fears if we fall behind. This group won't quit no matter the score. If they get off to a flyer I'm 100% we'll pull it back. If we do that to them however I don't have faith that they'll be able to come back.
They completely folded against St Kilda. I hope we can induce the same.

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,
I think if Hardwick is talking to Clarkson and they are formulating a plan to beat Adelaide then we have won already.

Too late in the year to change up game plans and if he is going into the game trying to work out a way to beat us, then we have won already.

Stick to our structures and what we know works for us and bring it to the best of our ability and we win.

If Tiger players are given very different roles to play this opens up more room for errors.

I am more toey than a roman sandal.

krankychops

Rookie
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think if Hardwick is talking to Clarkson and they are formulating a plan to beat Adelaide then we have won already.

If Hardwick is talking to Clarkson then I'm almost certain they'll try to rough us up. As long as it's tough stuff that's OK, if it causes us to be one player down early on though it's a problem.

beartoo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Moana Heights Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
If Hardwick is talking to Clarkson then I'm almost certain they'll try to rough us up. As long as it's tough stuff that's OK, if it causes us to be one player down early on though it's a problem.

Cotchin has permission from the AFL to do as he pleases.
I hope someone does that sniper over early in the piece.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Heading into enemy territory this arvo to catch up with family in Swan Street, if I get out alive I'll be an 11 !!!

Back