How could Geelong possibly miss James Worpel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed Wade Chapman, Scott Lucas, Jon Brown (f/s), Luke Hodge, Nathan Foley, Jordan Lewis, Shaun Higgins, Travis Boak, Patrick Dangerfield, Lachlan Henderson, Ed Curnow, Ben Cunnington, Jaspar Pittard, Luke Dahlhaus, Taylor Adams, Devon Smith, Mason Woods, Lewis Taylor, Darcy Parish, Charlie Curnow, Rhys Mathieson, Tom Doedee and Alex Witherden.
Scathing

Yeah I agree. The volume of midfielders vs the volume of promising young KPP shifts the scale in a big way.

Love a Worps, but a Naughton is much rarer.

Yep. Always take the KPP. There are so many mids that you could, as an example, happily settle for the 17th best mid instead of the 12th best mid.

The difference between the 17th best forward and the 12th best forward is FAR greater.

Mate I rate Worpel, in fact I rate Hawthorn's younger players coming through, but Worpel is not better than Naughton. Every club would select Naughton if given the choice.
I totally agree that Naughton almost certainly gets drafted ahead of Worpel due to being an outstanding key forward prospect which are a lot harder to come by than midfielders, but i think Worpel is currently well and truly a better player at this point in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back