How could Geelong possibly miss James Worpel?

Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
Start a poll if you like, Charlie is going to be a very good player but he hasnt shown anything close to the level of Worpel.

Start a poll like on this thread where neither bloke has played anywhere near close to a full season of AFL footy.

Both have rising star nominations depends what your watching mate. Take your own advice your biased.

How exactly are we going to decipher a player v player worth value when one played under 15 games the other 4 lol it's stupid this early.

Pick (36) v pick (45)

As I said both clubs like the man they got geelong needed a taller inside mid.

Hawks got a inside player with a bit of leg speed.

I wouldnt change the pick just yet it's a shame constable isn't out there today

I'd love to hear the story behind this.

Local boy, captain of the Geelong Falcons, touted as a top-10 pick by some draft experts. Geelong have three chances to pick him up (although they did take the excellent Tim Kelly with one of those which is fair enough) and yet they still somehow miss out.

Not sure I would go so far as to say that their recruiting team should be sacked but I think there are plenty of questions to be asked.
img_3591-jpg.692442

Stat source: Champion Data

The third best player in the 2017 draft. Apologies to Naughton and Rayner, but Worpel is better. Career high numbers across the entire board despite playing in the worst midfield in the competition.

The third best player in the 2017 draft. Apologies to Naughton and Rayner, but Worpel is better. Career high numbers across the entire board despite playing in the worst midfield in the competition.

To be fair, it's probably why his numbers are so good.

What's the definition of this?

The non-damaging list makes sense until you see Gaff.

Thought he'd be one of the most damaging?
"Using the chain to score percentage from Champion Data, another Brisbane Lions star has clamps on the No. 1 ranking.
The figure is how often you are involved in a chain that leads to a score. It’s the next layer to the analysis of how damaging players really are."

Zorko does not surprise me given the sudden up turn in the Lions scoring power to 2nd highest so far.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
"Using the chain to score percentage from Champion Data, another Brisbane Lions star has clamps on the No. 1 ranking.
The figure is how often you are involved in a chain that leads to a score. It’s the next layer to the analysis of how damaging players really are."

Zorko does not surprise me given the sudden up turn in the Lions scoring power to 2nd highest so far.
Nothing stat really then. If you spend most of your time rotating between midfield and forward half, you'll inevitably be involved in a higher ratio of score involvements.

Put simply: the closer you play to goal, the less chances there are for an idiot teammate to turn it over or kick to a contest. It's less a measurement of damaging disposal and more about how many bolt cutters you have between you and the goals.

Fancy recruiting a 34 year old wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy past his best for one last EXTREMELY LONG SHOT at a flag.
Instead of recruiting for the future, Worpel could very well be the player of the future.

Biggest balls up by a football club since Hawthorn and Vickery! :p
Currently on 28 goals as 35yo small forward.
He'd be your leading goal kicker as we speak.

Nothing stat really then. If you spend most of your time rotating between midfield and forward half, you'll inevitably be involved in a higher ratio of score involvements.

Put simply: the closer you play to goal, the less chances there are for an idiot teammate to turn it over or kick to a contest. It's less a measurement of damaging disposal and more about how many bolt cutters you have between you and the goals.
You mean to tell me we can't be jovial in a s**t troll thread.
Moreover we picked the eyes out of the 2017 draft

Kelly
Constable
Ratugolea
Miers

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
Missed Wade Chapman, Scott Lucas, Jon Brown (f/s), Luke Hodge, Nathan Foley, Jordan Lewis, Shaun Higgins, Travis Boak, Patrick Dangerfield, Lachlan Henderson, Ed Curnow, Ben Cunnington, Jaspar Pittard, Luke Dahlhaus, Taylor Adams, Devon Smith, Mason Woods, Lewis Taylor, Darcy Parish, Charlie Curnow, Rhys Mathieson, Tom Doedee and Alex Witherden.

If it wasn’t for home ground advantage...

Back