How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers mate. I’ve never understood Adelaide or their supporters. How can you support a club you don’t have a vote in? It’s like supporting a business or corporation.. anyway I’m glad they are where they are. And they’re paying Eddie Betts this year
Please allow me to tell a story. Before Port entered the AFL, I made the mistake of going to an Adelaide v Richmond game. Tony Modra was on fire this night: he finished with 13 goals. The guy could play - it's a shame he wore that horrid guernsey. Anyway, the Crows slaughtered the Tigers by 139 points, but still the crowd wanted more. At one point a Richmond player punched the ball through for a point, and the locals were screaming for a free kick for out on the full.

Please allow me to tell a story. Before Port entered the AFL, I made the mistake of going to an Adelaide v Richmond game. Tony Modra was on fire this night: he finished with 13 goals. The guy could play - it's a shame he wore that horrid guernsey. Anyway, the Crows slaughtered the Tigers by 139 points, but still the crowd wanted more. At one point a Richmond player punched the ball through for a point, and the locals were screaming for a free kick for out on the full.
I get that. I’ve been to an SANFL game

Mark Ricciuto interviewing Rory Sloane at the end of the game and thinking to himself: “Poor bastard doesn’t even realise that I will be shitting on him in the media when he is no longer playing for Adelaide.“

We're courageous, stronger, and faster
And respected by our foes

What a club song lol.

Mark Ricciuto interviewing Rory Sloane at the end of the game and thinking to himself: “Poor bastard doesn’t even realise that I will be shitting on him in the media when he is no longer playing for Adelaide.“

What a club song lol.
Nah it's been updated:

We're the shame of South Australia
We're the cheating Adelaide Crows
We've lost all credibility
More than anybody knows
The list of all the lies we've told
Is as long as Bill Lawry's nose
We're the shame of South Australia
We're the cheating Adelaide Crows

:)

my favourite page number.........

screen-shot-2017-11-16-at-3.50.20-pm-1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rory Atkins is leaving because he fell out with Matthew Nicks? I guess that sounds nicer than saying he’s leaving because the team is sh*t.

Wasn't it Atkins who got up and moved the water bottles when Nicks was doing some tactical talk with them in the dressing room? It looked like he was frustrated when he did that. I wonder if Nicks singled him out.

Port and supporters have footy nous and history.
Adelaide supporters remind me of Sydney supporters in the Geoff Edelstein days.

After the Crows beat the premiership favourites on Tuesday night, there was a Facebook conversation between a Crows fan and a Port fan, which went something like this:

Crows fan: Days since wins in September - Adelaide 0, Port about 2000.
Port fan: Years between wooden spoons - Adelaide 0, Port 120.

I just hope the Giants and Blues can knock them off, to make a certainty of it.

They're actively pushing a draft tampering strategy on the DT&FA board involving the Bulldogs. Several neutrals have pointed out to them that "hey, you cant do that" but they dont see the issue...

After the Crows beat the premiership favourites on Tuesday night, there was a Facebook conversation between a Crows fan and a Port fan, which went something like this:

Crows fan: Days since wins in September - Adelaide 0, Port about 2000.
Port fan: Years between wooden spoons - Adelaide 0, Port 120.

I just hope the Giants and Blues can knock them off, to make a certainty of it.
You're my favourite pear supporter Phil, although there isn't much competition! Will be happy between Brisbane / Port winning this years flag, every other team can GAGF

Last edited:
You're my favourite pear supporter Phil, although there isn't much competition! Will be happy between Brisbane / Port winning this years flag, every other team can GAGF
Hate to say it, but the Cats are looking bloody hard to beat. The team that beats them will go top.

Good thing that this thread has been rolled into a Part 2 because it would have been one the saddest days in BF history if the mods figured that we wouldn’t be able to sustain more Crows death-riding content now they’ve they’ve won for the first time in 395 days and closed the thread.

Good thing that this thread has been rolled into a Part 2 because it would have been one the saddest days in BF history if the mods figured that we wouldn’t be able to sustain more Crows death-riding content now they’ve they’ve won for the first time in 395 days and closed the thread.
Especially given the fact that, if they lose to the Giants tomorrow, the spoon is officially theirs - that is, unless they (heaven forbid) increase their percentage by 15% against Carlton and Richmond. Of course the odds of that happening would be similar to the odds of Taylor Walker winning the million on Millionaire Hot Seat.

Eddie: Here is your question for $100. What is your name:

A. Tex
B. Taylor Walker
C. Mr. Potato Head
D. None of the above

Tex: Can I phone a friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back