How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide end up with pick 6 this year and a pick around 16 - 20 next year (after father sons and academy picks).
We end up with pick 9 this year and Stocker.
Looks pretty even at this stage.
Good trading by Adelaide to get the first rounder next year.
Dumb trading by Adelaide last year to give up a first rounder when your list crying out for one.
Good trading this week, but two years later when they finally realise their list has gone backwards they grab an extra first rounder for next year.
interesting trade by GWS, not sure if it cost them down the line in a few years but their strategy for this draft is clearly ensure they got another early pick to go with securing Tom Green.
Next year's draft pool is hard to know the cost and impact because apparently next years pool has a heap of Academy and father-son bids going on for many many clubs so really hard to know for sure for any clubs what they are gaining or losing in next years pool at this point.

For example if Giants were to win the flag in 2020, Crows get pick 18 to start with but then moved back further back into the order when Suns use their priority picks and also bis of Academy and F/S are matched earlier in first round. Adelaide's actual pick next year from GWS could be anywhere from pick 20 to 28 at a guess if Giants salute in 2020.
But in principle Giants trading away a bit of their future to ensure they get more from top half dozen picks of this draft pool.
Crows only dropping back two spots seems like a no brainer to agree to on surface.
First time I seen Crows do a decent trade in recent years so they slow learners but better than just continue to make bad decisions which they had been doing a few years in a row.

Even yesterday after the pick swap with GWS, many of their supporters were claiming they were positioning themselves to have a crack at Lukosius

Hope does strange things to a supporter

"Young Reid was a brainiac putting off their 1st round pick for 2 years because he was gonna use it to help land Lukosius" was the argument the usual few Crowbots were making when i raised it the other day on the drafts board.

There is NO strategy at Adelaide. They are flying by the seat of their pants from thought bubble to thought bubble. They remind me of us 10 years ago so so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet their chins hit the ground pretty quickly..
Grubbo Will be dragging his knuckles on the footpath..

'Operation get ranking and luscious' is firmly on track.
:cowface: :thumbsu:

Gotta love autocorrect...does all the dirty work for me!

images

I thought Luko was heading home after his two year contract was up.....

Love that the Crows have become the first club where a player has looked at Gold Coast’s list and decided it is a lot better than another team linked to said player lol.

Liam Stocker, Brodie Kemp and Sam Philp

v

Fischer McAsey and GWS 1st next year(estimated about 20).

Besides the names, we have pushed a pick forward a year and they have pushed a pick back 2 years.

SOS has completely bossed Young Reid again. GWS will have more supporters next year than they've ever had before with the Blues mob cheering them on in a reverse death ride lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back