• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id add free kick differential as a 6th.

Injuries to a ruck or a KPD as a 7th

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Vic umpiring bias is definitely on the list.

I was going to put injuries but everyone deals with those, especially at this time of the year.

Also, Geelong has the capabilities to play contested footy and tighten up space and make it a dog fight.

4th place might not be too bad this year given Daicos and Moore might miss the first round of finals. Would genuinely back us in to beat them, even over there, then we just hope someone else can knock them out in the next two rounds
Yeah, I'd rather finish 2nd of course but given the choice between 3rd and 4th I'd take 4th.

We are more than good enough to win the flag, but we’ve been more than good enough for most of the last decade but have only gone close twice, and have been miles off the rest of that period.

This year has disappointment written all over it, again.
Different side this year.. I’ve never been confident Over the last decade, but I feel more confident in this group than ever.

we finally have an elite midfield group, previously we have had plodders who go missing in big games.

Different side this year.. I’ve never been confident Over the last decade, but I feel more confident in this group than ever.

we finally have an elite midfield group, previously we have had plodders who go missing in big games.
Like Showdowns?

Or games against the top side?

At AO - Home finals:
Port V Coll - 50% chance
Port V Bris - 60%
Port V Melb - 70%
Port V Carlton - 70%
Port V Adelaide - 40%
Port V Sydney - 80%
Port V Dogs - 75%
Port V Saints - 95%

Away Final chances:
Coll V Port - 10%
Bris V Port - 5%
Melb V Port - 30%
Carlton, Adelaide, Sydney, Dogs, can't host Port in a final from here.

For mine we need to beat Freo, and Bris to lose Friday, to finish 2nd. Without that we have basically no chance of getting to a GF.

If we don't make top 2, the best path to a GF IMO is if we lost the first final and ended on a Melb home prelim draw. Melb would need to beat Coll in the QF but, I personally believe that's our best chance of winning an away final.

We still face the huge risk of facing the Crows at some stage in a home final which could put us out in straight sets.

I want to make a GF, I want to win a flag, but right now I'm not a believer. Staying fit from here, as well as the fitness of Lycett, Dixon and McKenzie, and their form, will be the most crucial elements to our chances

If we don’t make top 2 our best path is if we lost the first final? Wouldn’t our best path be winning the QF and getting a home prelim no matter where we finish?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sure they are elite, but as long as Hinkley is coach i will never have any confidence in this group.
Plenty of example of this group going missing/not turning up. Both Showdowns, Collingwood in round 2, Carlton.

Sure they are elite, but as long as Hinkley is coach i will never have any confidence in this group.
Plenty of example of this group going missing/not turning up. Both Showdowns, Collingwood in round 2, Carlton.
Pretty sure the AFL was taking the piss when they were making the fixture and decided that this block of games was fair to Port:

Carlton away at MCG
Collingwood at home
Adelaide away Showdown
Geelong away at Kardinia

Expecting the team to be up for every single game in unrealistic.

who don't go missing in big games like showdowns, the first game against Collingwood and the 2021 preliminary final.

Those plodders would have to include Robbie one of our best {clutch} players of all time?? Or Boak - 33 dis, 7 tackles, 6 clearances vs Hawthorn 2014, 26 dis, 6 tackles, 6 clearances vs West Coast 2017, 32 dis, 7 tackles, 7 clearances vs Geelong 2021??

People who hold tight to this fallacy are just ******* sad.

A showdown might be a big deal for the local yokels but in reality they are just another game in the home and away season.
I’d rather be too 4 than struggling to make the 8 all day every day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don’t make top 2 our best path is if we lost the first final? Wouldn’t our best path be winning the QF and getting a home prelim no matter where we finish?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I meant we will lose the first away final, so our best path would be to hope we ended up on the Melbourne side of the draw. Its the most likely away final I believe we can win.

I won't be surprised if we go out in straight sets, or at best lose another PF. Our deficiencies - poor method going forward and a shaky, undermanned defence - will bring us down when it comes to the crunch.

I won't be surprised if we go out in straight sets, or at best lose another PF. Our deficiencies - poor method going forward and a shaky, undermanned defence - will bring us down when it comes to the crunch.
We still have the same deficiency we have always had under Ken.

An inefficiency converting i50s into goals that kills us in big 50 50 finals..

We definitely have an elite midfield that is going to get more elite depending on the Hornet and what amounts to the second tier and also a ruckmen.

To call our midfield of recent past plodders is a bit overboard but there were no real matchwinners or guys who could turn a game. They were a good midfield which means there were an average midfield really.

We definitely have a borderline elite midfield now. We have two AA midfielders in Rozee and Butters. The Hornet is going to be just as good if not better. He can do something special like the other two. And although he's not technically in the midfield, Houston does so many things off the half-back seagull QB role, that he does change games as well. When tagging hard, Drew is awesome. When he's left one on one, not so much. And just back, Burton's kicking moving forward has been up there.

These guys, along with some others, can really bang on goals in a hurry.

I am also more confident with this group than previously but there are still questions when it comes to the hard stuff.

We definitely have an elite midfield that is going to get more elite depending on the Hornet and what amounts to the second tier and also a ruckmen.

To call our midfield of recent past plodders is a bit overboard but there were no real matchwinners or guys who could turn a game. They were a good midfield which means there were an average midfield really.

We definitely have a borderline elite midfield now. We have two AA midfielders in Rozee and Butters. The Hornet is going to be just as good if not better. He can do something special like the other two. And although he's not technically in the midfield, Houston does so many things off the half-back seagull QB role, that he does change games as well. When tagging hard, Drew is awesome. When he's left one on one, not so much. And just back, Burton's kicking moving forward has been up there.

These guys, along with some others, can really bang on goals in a hurry.

I am also more confident with this group than previously but there are still questions when it comes to the hard stuff.
Being brutally honest Rozee was one of the main contributors to the Dogs PF disgrace.
We only had about two players that put in that night.

For the players still around from that disgraceful effort they should all come out breathing fire in the finals this year.
The brain dead on here only see it two ways, if we win it’s all because of the players and if we lose it’s all because of Hinkley.
That night everyone let the supporters down and they all owe us.
I’m expecting a lot this year and I believe this team is good enough to deliver.

Being brutally honest Rozee was one of the main contributors to the Dogs PF disgrace.
We only had about two players that put in that night.

For the players still around from that disgraceful effort they should all come out breathing fire in the finals this year.
The brain dead on here only see it two ways, if we win it’s all because of the players and if we lose it’s all because of Hinkley.
That night everyone let the supporters down and they all owe us.
I’m expecting a lot this year and I believe this team is good enough to deliver.
Boak, Wines and Bonner (randomly) could hold their heads somewhat higher than the rest of the side.

I didn’t realise Fantasia and Butters were playing for most of that game

Against Victorian sides
the 6th placed GWS knocked them out in straight sets at the Gabba in 2019.

their record at home in finals is worse than ours. It's chalk and cheese with their minor round dominance at home.

anyone writing us off due to years of hinkley evidence must've ruled a line though Brisbane too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back