Roast How diabolical is our midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching Freos midfield, it’s another elite midfield as their recruiters have a brain. Plus it’s a young one.

In the competition where does our midfield rank in terms of current talent and also with the future in mind?

Honestly is ranked bottom in both categories? Given we’ve gone through a 5 year rebuild that’s so depressing. Ogilvie, Reid and Nicks are *******s.
And that includes loosing Cerra to the Blues as well.

Diabolical is a pretty good word.

After five years of this "rebuild" we are back to the steady hands of Conrad Sewell Laird & Crouch... and you just know Sloane and Keays are coming into the mix soon too...

It's a mile away from pre-season last year when I was talking to Tex, and he was excited at the thought of being on the end of passes from Soligo, Pedlar, Berry (and Schoey)...

This is self-inflicted lunacy of the worst kind. We refuse to develop young talent to our detriment, and implement a negative game to cover our slow veterans. The result is this absolute sh!tshow.

As I mentioned in another thread, in four games this season our midfielders (playing midfielders) have scraped together five goals. Our defenders have scored donuts. The aren't scaring anyone. Everyone knows at the moment our only real goal scoring threats are Tex, Fog, Rankine and Rachelle, and they can pretty much ignore anyone else (who would be lucky to hit the side of a barn right now, let alone a moving target, or a stationary one between the two big sticks).

I would hate to be those forwards in our team right now. They are pretty much guaranteed to run their guts out and be beaten to a pulp for little to no reward.

Last edited:

Watching Freos midfield, it’s another elite midfield as their recruiters have a brain. Plus it’s a young one.

In the competition where does our midfield rank in terms of current talent and also with the future in mind?

Honestly is ranked bottom in both categories? Given we’ve gone through a 5 year rebuild that’s so depressing. Ogilvie, Reid and Nicks are *******s.
The only genuine quality brought in (other than Soligo) is Dawson and Rankine which was traded in. If we draft well then trades are the icing, not the cake.

Matt crouch
Dawson
Soligo
Dowling
Rachele
Rankine

They should be our midfielders. Get laird the f out.

In which universe will we trade well?
Didn't say we did trade well. The point i was making is that our drafting has been diabolical. Our only genuine quality has come from trading in Dawson and Rankine. That shows you how s**t Ogilvie is. Every draft he has managed to *up. If we draft well we don't need to trade in players other than free agents. The fact we have to trade in players to fill holes and add some genuine class shows you how bad our drafting has been.

Last edited:
Didn't say we did trade well. The point i was making is that our drafting has been diabolical. Our only genuine quality has come from trading in Dawson and Rankine. That shows you how s**t Ogilvie is. Every draft he has managed to *up. If we draft well we don't need to trade in players other than free agents. The fact we have to trade in players to fill holes shows you how bad our drafting has been.

We need to send him to the Tassie club.

Would Harry Perryman improve us?

Would Harry Perryman improve us?
Yes, we should be chasing all available talent to improve our list... but need to improve the coaching box too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson
Soligo
?
?
Rankine

Two long-term midfield holes that need to be filled. One in and under clearance player that allows Daws/Soli/Ranks to attack (this is Crouch currently, so can maybe afford to wait a bit if the right one doesn’t come up), and a star-level player with class and burst speed (must draft and hit on this one this year)

Rachele needs to roll through there too

Dowling is good and so is Taylor, just get them in and leave them there. Also don't understand why we wouldn't go for someone like McAuliffe in our own backyard, exactly what we need , inside but explosive pace from the pack. As for Nanks and Cook leave them there and let then become men and watch them flourish . We don't need headless chooks who just crash into each other. As for Jones I'm over him , not prepared to use his asset as since his first year has stage fright and lacks vision.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back