Analysis How did Lobb poll votes in Round 4 v West Coast?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4: West Coast 10.9 69 def Fremantle 7.14 56 in the derby.

3 votes: Shannon Hurn who also got the Ross Glendinning medal for bog after a big game (32 touches, 26 kicks).

2 votes: David Mundy, 36 touches even though his team lost. Fair enough.

1 vote: ....Rory Lobb?? 17 touches, 0 goals, 23 hitouts (Freo lost the hitout count by 18), and a couple of marks (2 contested) in a losing effort

Yes statistics don't tell the full story, but on several match reports I could find of the game Lobb wasn't even named in the bests for Freo on the day.

Am I missing something?

Franklin got a vote for 5 disposals and 4.0 v Hawthorn.

Dawson Simpson one vote for 8 touches/32 hit outs v Essendon.

3 votes: Shannon Hurn who also got the Ross Glendinning medal for bog after a big game (32 touches, 26 kicks).

1 vote: ....Rory Lobb?? 17 touches, 0 goals, 23 hitouts (Freo lost the hitout count by 18), and a couple of marks (2 contested) in a losing effort

Yes statistics don't tell the full story, but on several match reports I could find of the game Lobb wasn't even named in the bests for Freo on the day.

Am I missing something?

no idea, go watch the game and report back to us.
We will hold our breath for your analysis. God speed

Am I missing something?

I didnt see the game... however he could have had 15 hitouts to advantage in the forward line setting up 8 shots on goal. That would catch the eye of an umpire

The umpires have something against Michael Walters.. that's why..

2 goals, 17 disposals and 8 tackles.

Stats .. yeah. But Walters plays mid and forward. Of all players that play midfield in the All Australian Side, he scored the lowest votes.

It's beyond a joke that Walters got 11 votes. He won them a bunch of games at the death.

The umpires have something against Michael Walters.. that's why..

2 goals, 17 disposals and 8 tackles.

Stats .. yeah. But Walters plays mid and forward. Of all players that play midfield in the All Australian Side, he scored the lowest votes.

It's beyond a joke that Walters got 11 votes. He won them a bunch of games at the death.
Yet they kept giving him free kicks all season for spectacular flopping so who cares.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles fans talking about players milking free kicks

View attachment 752211
Lel .Im not going to get into anything on big footy with a Fremantle for the amusement of a bunch of Victorian dribblers.
Its their job to amuse us by punching the * out of each other at the football these days
Be happy that Fyfe won. That Walters milked the most free kicks this season.
I 20190404_130609.jpg I have recommended some reading for you .Enjoy the off season.Now if you will excuse me I have to * off.

Lel .Im not going to get into anything on big footy with a Fremantle for the amusement of a bunch of Victorian dribblers.
Its their job to amuse us by punching the fu** out of each other at the football these days
Be happy that Fyfe won. That Walters milked the most free kicks this season.
I View attachment 752218I have recommended some reading for you .Enjoy the off season.Now if you will excuse me I have to fu** off.

Was the author Jonathon Brown?

Franklin got a vote for 5 disposals and 4.0 v Hawthorn.

Dawson Simpson one vote for 8 touches/32 hit outs v Essendon.

I’m certain some of the umpires thought he was Keefe, who kicked three goals and was looking randomly dominant after getting injured early in the game.

We lost by a point to Collingwood and didn't get a single vote. Weird s**t happens. I love Brownlow anomalies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back