Opinion How did we go from Dynasty to Dumbnasty?

Remove this Banner Ad

So what have we won from the departure of assistant coaches, do you at least have a view as perhaps what could be done?

3x Premiership players not only lose that hunger but get older.
It happens to the best.
Bris
Haw
Us.

The west coast game last year broke us. We never once choked a lead during our dynasty. Now every time we get out to a decent lead we just stop dead and lose. Losses like that destroy the culture of teams and it will be a long time until we get over the mental scars of this defeat

The last 2 losses cost our season as people said it wasn't decline of the group it was pure stupidity you name it arrogance , no composure , footy smarts , leadership fitness and medical and poor selections. I'll add to last 2 seasons Dimma has coached very poorly at times in my book he shouldn't escape criticism.

Dimma is probably past his prime and he was never a great match day coach. He relied on his own quality assistant coaches most of whom have left the club. I would like to see someone like Shaun Grigg, Robert Harvey or Xavier Clarke take over next year

Dimma is probably past his prime and he was never a great match day coach. He relied on his own quality assistant coaches most of whom have left the club. I would like to see someone like Shaun Grigg, Robert Harvey or Xavier Clarke take over next year

You obviously had an insight into what Hardwick and the assistants each did on match day. Like who decided what and when and all the good moves were from the assistants.
That’s great access. Any examples without giving away your impeccable source?

And similarly Grigg to take over. What are his credentials that no one but you seem to know? He’s coached a team? What’s his footy philosophy on how to win a flag?can he manage a list of 40 players, coaching staff, media…and pull the match day moves?

Yep let’s chuck out a triple premiership coach for Grigga!

The west coast game last year broke us. We never once choked a lead during our dynasty. Now every time we get out to a decent lead we just stop dead and lose. Losses like that destroy the culture of teams and it will be a long time until we get over the mental scars of this defeat

I seem to recall two or three losses like that in quick succession in 2017. One of which was against GWS when Jeremy Cameron kicked a goal in the last seconds of the match. We didn’t do too badly from there.

I can't help but suspect, based on the small morsels of information that leaks from the RFC footy dept, that Dimma is a bit of a mad-man... a VFL spraying, covid denying, hot-headed mad man that requires a bit of managing from Benny & Peggy. A man so mad he turned the biggest laughing stock into a force that won three flags, & then mad enough to also blow a lot of that good work up in the ensuing years.

He is a brilliant orator, that knows how to motivate players. From day 1 of his coaching, I can't think of a single game where our blokes weren't playing a kamikaze style. But I can't imagine he would be the easiest to deal with as far as diplomacy goes ...

Let's just enjoy the ride - once he is gone, it will be painful if the "meekness" return to punt road

The dynasty/dumbnasty is just the "dimmasty" - warts & all

Last edited:
It's just a rumour..and the rumour goes that ken Hinkley will go to Norf because he's a great development coach or some such s**t and Kingsley will go back to port as there new saviour
dimma is on too much

needs to take a pay cut so we can get better assistants like during our dynasty

I can't help but suspect, based on the small morsels of information that leaks from the RFC footy dept, that Dimma is a bit of a mad-man... a VFL spraying, covid denying, hot-headed mad man that requires a bit of managing from Benny & Peggy. A man so mad he turned the biggest laughing stock into a force that won three flags, & then mad enough to also blow a lot o that good work up in the ensuing years.

He is a brilliant orator, that knows how to motivate players. From day 1 of his coaching, I can't think of a single game where our blokes weren't playing a kamikaze style. But I can't imagine he would be the easiest to deal with as far as diplomacy goes ...

Let's just enjoy the ride - once he is gone, it will be painful if the "meekness" return to punt road

The dynasty/dumbnasty is just the "dimmasty" - warts & all
Agree. Thats why we surrounded him with strong assistants. We knew that about his weaknesses

Agree. Thats why we surrounded him with strong assistants. We knew that about his weaknesses

bingo

& blokes like Leppa, Caracella, Truck, Macrae were his peers - they would comfortably tell him to f**k off if it was required. Who among the current coaches could do that?

These assistants were also integral sounding boards for players mental challenges ... listen to Rancey talk about Truck on Howey's podcast

I doubt Dimma has the same checks & balances in the footy dept at present, nor the EQ to work with players on the intimately personal level of performance

I seem to recall two or three losses like that in quick succession in 2017. One of which was against GWS when Jeremy Cameron kicked a goal in the last seconds of the match. We didn’t do too badly from there.
We didn’t but the difference is we came out the very next week and bounced back strongly. We haven’t been able to hold a lead for 2 years straight since the west coast loss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane Lambert - 3x Premiership Player
Retirement Press Conference - 25/07/2022

“Probably approached this year a little bit uncertain whether or not I’d play again. Umm…I sort of knew it was going to be my last year. It was probably more closure today to be able to GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN and be a LITTLE BIT MORE TRUTHFUL about the condition of my body, and let the group move on and charge towards a Finals Campaign if we are good enough”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lambert saga in 2022 has been deceitful to the RFC supporters all Season who thought every Round Lambert might have come back and value-added to our decimated midfield. He was never coming back successfully. Lambert knew that…we didn’t know that. Instead, Richmond Football Club Members and Supporters were strung along all Season on a flimsy never-to-be-completed promise that Lambert was still on our List and about to play any Round soon in the later half of Season 2022, helping us to another Finals push. Appreciation and recognition must go to Lambert as a premiership player, but all through this deceitful year (with Lambert’s own admissions of not being completely “truthful”) we could have easily had a healthy new body on the List in Lambert’s spot. Now, nobody fills Lambert’s list spot if we make the Finals in 2022.
Lambert's own admission...."and let the group move on" reeks of somebody who knew he was of little worth to the team this season.

How many other falsehoods do Richmond supporters have to prepare for before this season is done?

Who else knew and maintained this disguise that Lambert was going to come back and play any meaningful span of time this year?
Will Lynch play again this season?
Can Prestia withstand many more consecutive games?
Can Cotchy?
Are we carrying Edwards to the end of the season, when Edwards already looks burnt out?
Why did we ever waste Senior game time this season on Aarts or Ross?

What’s Dustin’s real injury?
Exactly when will Dustin be back?
Has Dusty asked to be released from the Club?
Has Dusty confirmed he wants to be at our Club next year?
We also need Dusty in a Press Conference asap.

What a stuff-up of a year?
And now I hear that it’s alleged that our Senior Coach Hardwick lacked the integrity and discipline to hold himself together at a VFL Game.
What hope has the current squad got?

The Club is now a hotbed of deceit, not being transparent with members, treating us like we are outsiders, not members and supporters, and the very people who represent our club, some players and officials now lack integrity and discipline.

FFS

(Start again)

Kane Lambert - 3x Premiership Player
Retirement Press Conference - 25/07/2022

“Probably approached this year a little bit uncertain whether or not I’d play again. Umm…I sort of knew it was going to be my last year. It was probably more closure today to be able to GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN and be a LITTLE BIT MORE TRUTHFUL about the condition of my body, and let the group move on and charge towards a Finals Campaign if we are good enough”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lambert saga in 2022 has been deceitful to the RFC supporters all Season who thought every Round Lambert might have come back and value-added to our decimated midfield. He was never coming back successfully. Lambert knew that…we didn’t know that. Instead, Richmond Football Club Members and Supporters were strung along all Season on a flimsy never-to-be-completed promise that Lambert was still on our List and about to play any Round soon in the later half of Season 2022, helping us to another Finals push. Appreciation and recognition must go to Lambert as a premiership player, but all through this deceitful year (with Lambert’s own admissions of not being completely “truthful”) we could have easily had a healthy new body on the List in Lambert’s spot. Now, nobody fills Lambert’s list spot if we make the Finals in 2022.
Lambert's own admission...."and let the group move on" reeks of somebody who knew he was of little worth to the team this season.

How many other falsehoods do Richmond supporters have to prepare for before this season is done?

Who else knew and maintained this disguise that Lambert was going to come back and play any meaningful span of time this year?
Will Lynch play again this season?
Can Prestia withstand many more consecutive games?
Can Cotchy?
Are we carrying Edwards to the end of the season, when Edwards already looks burnt out?
Why did we ever waste Senior game time this season on Aarts or Ross?

What’s Dustin’s real injury?
Exactly when will Dustin be back?
Has Dusty asked to be released from the Club?
Has Dusty confirmed he wants to be at our Club next year?
We also need Dusty in a Press Conference asap.

What a stuff-up of a year?
And now I hear that it’s alleged that our Senior Coach Hardwick lacked the integrity and discipline to hold himself together at a VFL Game.
What hope has the current squad got?

The Club is now a hotbed of deceit, not being transparent with members, treating us like we are outsiders, not members and supporters, and the very people who represent our club, some players and officials now lack integrity and discipline.

FFS

(Start again)

Absolute hogwash. If you kept up with medical reports from the outset the club has been very open. They are entitled to have a crack and see if they can get Lambert up for a finals campaign if we made it. His form when he played his first few games alone warranted trying. He was a contracted player and was entitled to give himself every chance, even if the probability was a bit slim.

The club is also entitled to make decisions about what to speak about openly and what to hold close to its chest. As supporters we should just want the club to make decisions that require forecasting the probability of x or y happening in the future on a sound basis. If you are requiring your club to forecast everything correctly every time hen good luck finding that club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back