Opinion How did we go from Dynasty to Dumbnasty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, after years in the wilderness due to the team making a fool out his doomsaying by winning three premierships, delib is back.

At least santa stuck around...
When there is no issue, there's nothing to fix.
I'm sorry I didn't get around you Spluff and the other fanboys and hug you all like a Boy Scout group when we won our flags. I was at the Grand Finals.

But reality is now sweetheart. And as a Club, we are no longer being kissed on the bum by a rainbow (have you noticed?), and change needs to happen.
The Club has changed this year by injuries, events and many, many stuff-ups. Should I cheer the stuff-ups Spluff?
You can keep believing in fairies. I know they don't exist.

Psst...I was always here. I was even here 6 years before you got your pen license in Primary School and then allowed on BigFooty!
(Glad you remember me for half the posts you've achieved. I have no idea who you are. You're not memorable to me.)
:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Absolute hogwash. If you kept up with medical reports from the outset the club has been very open. They are entitled to have a crack and see if they can get Lambert up for a finals campaign if we made it. His form when he played his first few games alone warranted trying. He was a contracted player and was entitled to give himself every chance, even if the probability was a bit slim.

The club is also entitled to make decisions about what to speak about openly and what to hold close to its chest. As supporters we should just want the club to make decisions that require forecasting the probability of x or y happening in the future on a sound basis. If you are requiring your club to forecast everything correctly every time hen good luck finding that club.
You struggle with English? That's HIS admittance not mine.

Again...read it slowly. Look in a mirror, enunciate and read the paragraph below.

“Probably approached this year a little bit uncertain whether or not I’d play again. Umm…I sort of knew it was going to be my last year. It was probably more closure today to be able to GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN and be a LITTLE BIT MORE TRUTHFUL about the condition of my body, and let the group move on and charge towards a Finals Campaign if we are good enough” Kane Lambert

You struggle with English? That's HIS admittance not mine.

Again...read it slowly. Look in a mirror, enunciate and read the paragraph below.

“Probably approached this year a little bit uncertain whether or not I’d play again. Umm…I sort of knew it was going to be my last year. It was probably more closure today to be able to GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN and be a LITTLE BIT MORE TRUTHFUL about the condition of my body, and let the group move on and charge towards a Finals Campaign if we are good enough” Kane Lambert

Where is the dishonesty in there? And anyone following the medical reports from early season was well aware it was no good thing Lambert would be able to contribute strongly. You seem to be moaning because it cost us the chance to add about pick 20 in the MSD to our list in time for that player to sweep us to a 16th flag. If Lambert says he was uncertain and he deep down knew it was going to be his last year, where is the deceit in that?

You are carrying on like a professional plot loser.

Stray roots and weed .

pineapple express smoking GIF

This is us in a nutshell....

Foxsports article - RFC plan now

2022: Just a selfish year every place you look...everyone looking after their own interests...no longer a team:

The unnecessary dragging on of the Lambert injury saga that was never going to reverse.
The Dusty saga that plays right into the Media's hands.
Getting an out-of-form Edwards to 300 games.
The lack of discipline by the players in crucial games.
The alleged lack of discipline by the Coach.
Individuals failing in clutch moments in games by not doing the safe team thing.
Dimma having his merry-go-round favourites from the 2's to the 1's, failing, getting sent back to the 2's and then being brought back to the 1's only to fail again!
Parker leaving with 4 important games to go.
Two Co-Captains as inspiring as 2 point posts...and just as far apart!

Our season is death by a million cuts.

When there is no issue, there's nothing to fix.
I'm sorry I didn't get around you Spluff and the other fanboys and hug you all like a Boy Scout group when we won our flags. I was at the Grand Finals.

But reality is now sweetheart. And as a Club, we are no longer being kissed on the bum by a rainbow (have you noticed?), and change needs to happen.
The Club has changed this year by injuries, events and many, many stuff-ups. Should I cheer the stuff-ups Spluff?
You can keep believing in fairies. I know they don't exist.

Psst...I was always here. I was even here 6 years before you got your pen license in Primary School and then allowed on BigFooty!
(Glad you remember me for half the posts you've achieved. I have no idea who you are. You're not memorable to me.)
:hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:
give it a rest, champ

Kane Lambert - 3x Premiership Player
Retirement Press Conference - 25/07/2022

“Probably approached this year a little bit uncertain whether or not I’d play again. Umm…I sort of knew it was going to be my last year. It was probably more closure today to be able to GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN and be a LITTLE BIT MORE TRUTHFUL about the condition of my body, and let the group move on and charge towards a Finals Campaign if we are good enough”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lambert saga in 2022 has been deceitful to the RFC supporters all Season who thought every Round Lambert might have come back and value-added to our decimated midfield. He was never coming back successfully. Lambert knew that…we didn’t know that. Instead, Richmond Football Club Members and Supporters were strung along all Season on a flimsy never-to-be-completed promise that Lambert was still on our List and about to play any Round soon in the later half of Season 2022, helping us to another Finals push. Appreciation and recognition must go to Lambert as a premiership player, but all through this deceitful year (with Lambert’s own admissions of not being completely “truthful”) we could have easily had a healthy new body on the List in Lambert’s spot. Now, nobody fills Lambert’s list spot if we make the Finals in 2022.
Lambert's own admission...."and let the group move on" reeks of somebody who knew he was of little worth to the team this season.

How many other falsehoods do Richmond supporters have to prepare for before this season is done?

Who else knew and maintained this disguise that Lambert was going to come back and play any meaningful span of time this year?
Will Lynch play again this season?
Can Prestia withstand many more consecutive games?
Can Cotchy?
Are we carrying Edwards to the end of the season, when Edwards already looks burnt out?
Why did we ever waste Senior game time this season on Aarts or Ross?

What’s Dustin’s real injury?
Exactly when will Dustin be back?
Has Dusty asked to be released from the Club?
Has Dusty confirmed he wants to be at our Club next year?
We also need Dusty in a Press Conference asap.

What a stuff-up of a year?
And now I hear that it’s alleged that our Senior Coach Hardwick lacked the integrity and discipline to hold himself together at a VFL Game.
What hope has the current squad got?

The Club is now a hotbed of deceit, not being transparent with members, treating us like we are outsiders, not members and supporters, and the very people who represent our club, some players and officials now lack integrity and discipline.

FFS

(Start again)
The injury truth is never told to the public until the player does a retirement speech. The dusty situation is not ideal and it doesn't sound like a normal hamstring. The dusty situation will have implications on our list decisions. And media speculation. I don't care. He's done his job for RFC.

I didn't know the nature of Kane Lambert injury until recently. He should have been allowed to retire but I guess the decision was wait until late. Is he in pain? Then that's cruelty.
I can endure Edwards getting to 300 games. A huge achievement for club and player. I rate it more than All Australian selection to an imaginary team that never play. I hope cotch gets to 300 next year.

Selection arguments have been going on as long as the game has. The club drafted well and hope we pick up a mid this time around.

2022: Just a selfish year every place you look...everyone looking after their own interests...no longer a team:

The unnecessary dragging on of the Lambert injury saga that was never going to reverse.
Individuals failing in clutch moments in games by not doing the safe team thing.
Dimma having his merry-go-round favourites from the 2's to the 1's, failing, getting sent back to the 2's and then being brought back to the 1's only to fail again!

Co captains is a bit weird.. I don't think the role has sat with either player. But hey, it probably took cotch a while to grow into the role too.
But Matty Parker walking out of the club with 4 games to go. This is not Bolton or Baker walking out. It might upset the VFL teams flag plans. The Parker mistake was keeping him on for the year. He's entertaining to watch but was always going to be depth. Did he play at all?

Peggy and brendan getting Balme, leppa, Caravella and McRae was inspired.
But 10 years down the track COVID has stuffed us up our premiership success. Attendance at games is hugely problematic. Add in budget cuts to football depts. The AFL teams performance has been weird. almost good enough to be Top 4 but bad enough to lose to North.
I hope we get dimma the best possible asst coaches. Our players from the last draft look promising.

Gee, anything else you’d like to criticise? Are you sure you’re a Richmond supporter? You sound like you’re glad we’ve not had the best of years.
Perhaps if you’re finding it too hard to follow the Tigers you should think about another side or even a different sport altogether.
Mind you I agree about the co-captains, I don’t think that has worked thus far.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the dishonesty in there? And anyone following the medical reports from early season was well aware it was no good thing Lambert would be able to contribute strongly. You seem to be moaning because it cost us the chance to add about pick 20 in the MSD to our list in time for that player to sweep us to a 16th flag. If Lambert says he was uncertain and he deep down knew it was going to be his last year, where is the deceit in that?

You are carrying on like a professional plot loser.
some posters on here, are best laughed at or ignored... they deliberately just muddy the waters chasing notoriety.
yep pun intended.

what rubbish you spew out. give Richmond 5 minutes and 5 goals to shuffle around and we are sitting on top. with dusty missing most of the season too.

Gee, anything else you’d like to criticise? Are you sure you’re a Richmond supporter? You sound like you’re glad we’ve not had the best of years.
Perhaps if you’re finding it too hard to follow the Tigers you should think about another side or even a different sport altogether.
Mind you I agree about the co-captains, I don’t think that has worked thus far.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
same bloke probably has half a dozen burner accounts on here

same bloke probably has half a dozen burner accounts on here

Agreed. I’m only new on here as a poster but I’m a long time reader. I’ve noticed how as soon as the team has a bad run, posters who you never see in any other threads, suddenly pop up to stick the boots in.
I’m a 63 year old grandma, I’ve loved the Tigers since I was 4. I didn’t think I’d see another flag in my lifetime but we’ve won 3 recently. Some of you don’t know when you’re well off.

Agreed. I’m only new on here as a poster but I’m a long time reader. I’ve noticed how as soon as the team has a bad run, posters who you never see in any other threads, suddenly pop up to stick the boots in.
I’m a 63 year old grandma, I’ve loved the Tigers since I was 4. I didn’t think I’d see another flag in my lifetime but we’ve won 3 recently. Some of you don’t know when you’re well off.
well said, that Ma'am!
Still in it!

stand rule

Go and watch the 2017 grannie or any one of our games from that era. Footy was so much better before the netball rule

Co captains is a bit weird.. I don't think the role has sat with either player. But hey, it probably took cotch a while to grow into the role too.
But Matty Parker walking out of the club with 4 games to go. This is not Bolton or Baker walking out. It might upset the VFL teams flag plans. The Parker mistake was keeping him on for the year. He's entertaining to watch but was always going to be depth. Did he play at all?

I reckon parker left other than family reasons was fustration at not given a go when aarts/castanga kept getting the gig. There were times aarts was utterly horrible the week before to be ommited and got the medi sub the following week. Parker must have been furious. Also, parker would have been a better medi sub too. No idea why we kept making aarts sub, near useless everytime he comes on and not quick either. Not sure what role he is plugging

I reckon parker left other than family reasons was fustration at not given a go when aarts/castanga kept getting the gig. There were times aarts was utterly horrible the week before to be ommited and got the medi sub the following week. Parker must have been furious. Also, parker would have been a better medi sub too. No idea why we kept making aarts sub, near useless everytime he comes on and not quick either. Not sure what role he is plugging

This could be right or it also could be the club has either told Parker he would be delisted or only offered a one year minimum contract, and all things considered, including a new baby, it wasn’t worth staying in Melbourne, paying rent etc. It could have come down to something like his lease being up, and not being able to commit to extending it based on what the club is offering.

Parker tries his heart out but he is just not quite AFL standard. The other mature players who are not quite up to AFL standard also try their hearts out, so you could probably pick any of them over the others and it wouldn’t make much difference to the outcome of matches.

I always used to say to players when coaching footy and cricket, don’t perform like a fringe player then ask why you are not getting a game over another fringe player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back