How did you discover Big Footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

So sad that BigCricket is so overrun by spammers that we reject all registrations from India :(

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure if my prediction was anywhere near accurate, but as i said Indian Cricket fans come here for cricket news, especially when We're playing them.

They used to call me a Paki until I started using Campaigner as an insult, thing is though I actually typed it as campaigner without our swear filter, they accepted me as an Aussie then because only Aussies use Campaigner as an insult lol.

Seems Ed's gaff has gone global.

I used to read Hawks Headquarters,,,, not sure if it merged or just got made redundant by BF.... this was 15 years ago.

It was the natural technological progression of rec.sport.football.australian.

If you don't know what I'm on about you're far too young.

The same path I trod. Mention Usenet these days and it'd be 'Yeah I use the net'. :(

Spent a lot of my early years on the aus.sport usenet groups until web based forums pretty much over took them.

Like a lot of Rugby league fans first heard of BigFooty on the rleague.com forums, then later at LU. I joined here in 2003 as a RL fan, but now I'm a fan of both pretty equally. Don't really talk about the AFL a lot, but watch most of the games at some stage of them. I love my local footy though and could talk about it all day.

I am a mountaineer who while going on a routine climb I fell and got my arm stuck beneath a rock here. After days, unable to free myself I was faced with the drastic choice between cutting my own arm off or staying here to die.

Mustering a deep survival instinct I fashioned a crude knife and began to hack through my arm... half way through I found bay 13 and decided to stick around. True story.

Used to sell, buy and trade footy cards. Someone on the forums mentioned BF one night. I'm still here but left the card forums about 10 years ago.

Chief met me one night when I was semi-naked amidst a sweaty argument with a lady of 'dubious income producing means' in a back-alley opium den in the poorer suburbs of Shanghai and begged me to join, arguing I was 'BigFooty material'.

With little hope for a return to regular society without his help and guidance I relented and joined BigFooty and have remained in debt to his benevolent nature ever since.
sounds familiar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Covered in the dust of the 270 gram party bag of cheese twisties that I had just consumed in one attempt in the bed in a dark basement with the lights off I thought I would search for some material for my next fap of the evening. The laptop keyboard was only lit by the dim screen above. I attempted a search for "bigbooty" but managed to hit the 'f' on the keyboard while typing.

Pretty simple really (a bit like me :p). I was just Googling around for a footy forum, and came across this one.
When they make the mini series they can use your experience in the promo;)

From memory it was around the time of the 2004 Grand Final. A Power supporting mate of mine was desperate to know if Carr was leaving the Power for Freo. I googled it and found BigFooty. Never looked back.

It was a Rich vs Freo clash at the G. I was out the front of Gate 3 waiting for a few fellow ferals.

Out of the corner of me eye I noticed a burly acubra wearing Freo supporter walking towards me. He had a thousand yard stare, noticeable BO, and a bad attitude.

He got right up in my face and started ranting something about Bay 13, hairy cousins, and da boyz. I said "We're not at the cricket son, this the football." I also mentioned quietly, if he didn't drop the attitude, I'd be the one doing the slapping.

Well he shuffled orf with his tail between his legs. Last I saw him he was abusing some ethnic looking, 80's style trackie dack wearing Richmond supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back