How did you find BigFooty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was at a pub in SA and got speaking to the dishpig, told me of a site where you could be anything you wanted to be. So I came here and am acting out my fantasy of being a bored, white middle class male stuck in a dead end job, counting down the days until I have enough cash to buy a farm.

I feel like way back in the day the site had this fantasy option where you could pick one player per game (or team) and if you got the most points you won $100. Played that weekly and came across the forum as a result.

I used to be on Sportal forums until they rooted the site up from lack of maintenence. Then they did a full revamp that no one liked and it had teething problems. Eventually Sportal started to die in 2014 so I started looking around for a new forum. I found BigFooty in late September, 2014 as I was searching for a decent forum that talked about the AFL Grand Final. I read the 100 page plus thread as I watched Hawthorn pump Sydney. It took me nearly 3 weeks after to join as I was still loyal to Sportal. However, Sportal was dying and I needed another forum. I tried nrl fantasy fanatics forum, that virtually rose out of the ashes of Sportal, but it is a ghost town except for the nrl fantasy threads.

I went to primary school with him. Shame he never really clicked at AFL level.

His stats and impact on games was noticeable, but for whatever reason could never nail down a regular spot. I think in one of his seasons he had the most clearances per time on ground in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was googling for commentary on some now-forgotten footy incident that the media weren't interested in covering and BF turned up as a result. Lurked for a while before joining.

Trying to find match replays google took me to the threads on the "Footy video and pictures" board, then when i was a bit more passionate i signed up to talk Dees stuff

Wanted to share my pain of not backing up 2008 with anything the next year, eventually found my way to BF via Google where I could whinge about how crap everything was with other like minded brown and gold people, lurked for while until I discovered the power of collecting likes

Googled "ladder predictor" a bunch of different times in a futile attempt to find the ladder predictor that was usually on the afl site. It kept spitting out ladder prediction threads from here. After constantly opening the threads I started to read them.

I'm not sure why I signed up but it was probably because people were talking s**t about the Tiges and tipping us for the spoon, so naturally I had to respond.

Was at a pub in SA and got speaking to the dishpig, told me of a site where you could be anything you wanted to be. So I came here and am acting out my fantasy of being a bored, white middle class male stuck in a dead end job, counting down the days until I have enough cash to buy a farm.

... and have kick to kick with Modra

Signed up years ago but forgot about it. Then I was at the Freo v Geelong final in Ross' first season and the woman I was sitting next to mentioned Big Footy and said I should join. I took her advice and found out I already had an account so I just started using it.

Joined in late 2010 under a different username, when I was having a sulk over Ablett leaving. I must have been around 12 years old at the time. Can't remember the account name, but I do remember making some cringeworthy threads on the main board and struggling to understand inside jokes. I thought reference to Bosk was actually a reference to Nathan Bock. I lament the fact that our last premiership came when I was annoying and had no sense of Bay etiquette.

Since then, I have gone either months using BF addictively, or avoiding it for years at a time. Taking a gap year, so I guess I have time to up the post count for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back