How did you vote in the House of Representatives at the 2022 Federal Election?

How did you vote in the 2022 Election

• LNP

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Labor

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Green

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Independant

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • UAP

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • PON

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I am a firm believer of putting a good independent at #1, regardless of your political preferences

Independents who don’t have the backing of a party machine are reliant on the electoral funding they get from first-preference votes to fuel their campaign. We should encourage more good independent candidates (if only to hold the majors accountable) by directing our $1.50 their way wherever they are deserving.

By all means put your preferred major party at #2, but don’t funnel your money into their anonymous state coffers when it could be going directly to a committed local representative

What if your committee local independent is a white supremacist?

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Going by the poll big footy is far more left then the average Australian. Either that or the polls are all wrong and labour is going to smash it in.

This board is generally for the more politically engaged so tends to skew left.

The right is more for the apathetic, disengaged, stupid and conspiracy theorist who can’t put together any coherent arguments.

~80% ALP/Greens/Teal in the poll so far. This board is a parody at this point.
Did you vote?
This poll is for the BF Aussie politics board.
What's your problem?
Are you just stupid and/or LNP dependent?

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
This board is generally for the more politically engaged so tends to skew left.

The right is more for the apathetic, disengaged, stupid and conspiracy theorist who can’t put together any coherent arguments.
The board was more split until a huge chunk of our conservative friends had their minds broken by a black POTUS, had their position further solidified by the rise of the American right, decided to ram the place with alts, spout all sorts of nonsense and then took off in a sook when the mods decided the board was poison. Rather than do something constructive about it like, you know, create BigFreedom where they can rabbit on all they like, they just took the lazy option and infested another BF board*. The rest of us just looked around (digitally speaking), shrugged our shoulders and carried on as if it were no great loss (which it wasn't).

* Which, I must add, is a fantastic laugh when you need a hungover cure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
In a relatively marginal seat, Lindsay, and put ALP first, local member from LNP 3rd last, UAP 2nd last and ONP last. Highly doubt the ALP can win the seat given they only installed the candidate 2 weeks before Christmas, but it could come down to the pro-scomo v anti-scomo vote

Lindsay is basically the archetype of a Liberal party seat today IMO. Dutton becoming leader won't hurt them at all here. Was once upon a time very Labor.

I voted tactically for the Greens in the house thinking Higgins would never elect a Labor candidate.

Nek minnit :drunk:

Delighted with the result :thumbsu:

its one thing that happened a lot this election, strategic voting

I have issues with a lot of his stuff, but even Friendly Jordies had a good piece on this (pointing out if your priority is removing the govt, supporting the likely leading opponent first is more important than supporting "your team")

will be interesting in the next election what degree of reset happens with these strategic voters

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Grayndler so Albanese's seat. He was never going to lose.

Interesting how many Labor voters put Greens second or third behind an independent. TBH, I put the Greens last behind ON, UAP, and then Lib candidate. Greens are too extreme for my liking, and I still blame Bob Brown and the Greens for what become the last decade of politics when they rejected the CPRS. It appears many young voters still in nappies at the time have revived the greens vote in 2022, mainly based on LNP inaction here. Good in one respect, i.e, Libs out, bad on the other, i.e, Greens have considerable power again.

Will be interesting to see how much the Greens hold the Albanese Government hostage on climate legislation, considering Labor will need them and Pocock to get anything through the Senate.

Dec 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Dude, let's not let the hyperbole run amok
Na I'm spot on there

No intelligent person is going to vote for a party that talks up war with China, for starters

I can't be bothered going into all the other pathetic disasters over 9 years, I'll leave that to ICAC

They're done, bye bye

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
The board was more split until a huge chunk of our conservative friends had their minds broken by a black POTUS, had their position further solidified by the rise of the American right, decided to ram the place with alts, spout all sorts of nonsense and then took off in a sook when the mods decided the board was poison. Rather than do something constructive about it like, you know, create BigFreedom where they can rabbit on all they like, they just took the lazy option and infested another BF board*. The rest of us just looked around (digitally speaking), shrugged our shoulders and carried on as if it were no great loss (which it wasn't).

* Which, I must add, is a fantastic laugh when you need a hungover cure.

Yes the right over the last 15 years has really gone to a bizarre scary level of extremism.

It’s got traction in the US, not so much here, but that won’t stop them from trying.

Romeoh1

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Na I'm spot on there

No intelligent person is going to vote for a party that talks up war with China, for starters

I can't be bothered going into all the other pathetic disasters over 9 years, I'll leave that to ICAC

They're done, bye bye
I thought that to vote for the libs you had to be either an idiot, or an a’hole, or both. I don’t think it’s simply a matter of weak intelligence.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought that to vote for the libs you had to be either an idiot, or an a’hole, or both. I don’t think it’s simply a matter of weak intelligence.

To me the majority who vote for them are from two types of people - those voting in self-interest, and those who think they are.

Romeoh1

Premiership Player
Apr 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
To me the majority who vote for them are from two types of people - those voting in self-interest, and those who think they are.
Actually, that’s a pretty good summation. And kinder than my take.
Although if your self- interest means you tolerate all the appalling things the Morrison govt did, then I’m struggling to give you a passmark.

Back