How did your teams fair in Season 2016/17?

Remove this Banner Ad

8/10, disappointing jan-feb but wouldve taken 4th in august.
quietly confident abt UCL with klopps big game record

I've not been this excited about a United youf player since Januzaj was a world superstar in the making.
I'm more interested to see how much they will need to pay to buy them back in a couple of years time

Another 100 million?

nah Cout aint leaving, he aint good enough for barca tbh atm, but sanchez will likely go to bayern or juve imo
Who spouts this rubbish. Coutinho would kill it at Barcelona. He is easily good enough to play there. Blokes like Gomes and Denis Suarez and Alcacer etc play for Barca and Cout is miles better than blokes like that.

Arsenal get an F - abject failure.

When the minimum standard is a lowly top four finish and you can't even get that then there's not much else that can be said.

Arsenal's squad is full of players that have under performed - Ozil, Bellerin , Ox, Monreal; Players that have been poor - Giroud, Mustafi, Cech, Gabriel and players that (In my opinion) are not good enough for a team like Arsenal; Walcott, Ramsey, Coquelin, Elneny, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Debuchy, Welbeck.

The only players that can hold their heads high this season - Alexis Sanchez (who was amazing) Rob Holding (Looks like a very talented defender) and Laurent Koscielny (without him our defence was an utter shambles as shown in both the 5-1 drubbings by Bayern).

Special mention to £17.1 million signing Lucas Perez - plays 22 games for a total of 491 minutes - 8 goals 3 assists

Compared to;
  • Theo Walcott - plays 42 games for a total of 2197 minutes - 19 goals 2 assists.
  • Alex Iwobi - plays 40 games 1874 minutes 4 goals 3 assists
  • Danny Welbeck - plays 20 games 746 minutes 4 goals 2 assists
  • Alex Oxlade Chamberlain - play 45 games 1941 minutes 6 goals 8 assists

Arsenal's POTY - Alexis Sanchez (30 goals 13 assists)

Arsenal's Most Improved player - Rob Holding

Arsenal's "Nickin' a living" player - take your pick but personally it's Theo Walcott. 100k for a forward that averages 10 goals a season? * off. Just * off.

Arsene Wengers rating - 1/10

Team was never in the hunt for the title all season, embarrassed in the Champions League and didn't even finish in the top four. From the 3th of December 2017 to the 18th of March 2017 Arsenal's record read;

W12 L8 D1 including losses (all comps)

West Brom 3-1
Liverpool 3-1
Bayern 5-1
Chelsea 3-1
Bayern 5-1
Watford 2-1
Man City 2-1
Everton 2-1

Yes, that's 25 goals against 8 goals for in 8 games.......the team literally had no game plan, no cohesion and no heart/brains and that all stems from the manager. As usual, a late run in the league (April - May) saw Arsenal W8 L2 D1 to put some kind of belated respectability on the league table but it is merely putting a rug over the dog vomit of a season.

If the unlikely happens and another FA is added to the total then it will be a small band aid on the gaping axe wound that is Arsenal's squad.

Wenger's reign as Arsenal's manager should end after the FA cup fam, regardless of the result but it won't blud. Another 5th/6th place finish is on the cards if he remains for the next two seasons fam unless systematic and sweeping changes are made blud not only to the squad but to the way the club functions above and around Wenger fam, ya hear me blud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcastle United: 10/10 - Lived up to most expectations of securing promotion at the first go. Pipping Brighton to the title in the 89th minute on the final day was an unexpected but enjoyable bonus. Winning regularly was a nice feeling - had almost forgotten what that was like. Just wish we had more television coverage! Radio is not the same. Looking forward to hopefully a return to the glory days of Keegan and Sir Bobby under Rafa. Haven't been this excited by the Toon in years. Love of the club and football has really been rejuvenated this season.

Forest Green: 10/10 - We didn't win the league but we won the playoff final at Wembley to secure promotion to the Football League for the first time in the club's 128 year history. Lost in the playoff final last season but went one step further thankfully this time. Probably will be the smallest club in the Football League next season but next season shapes up as an exciting one for the world's first vegan club as it takes it's first grain fed steps into the League two. Look out for them on FIFA 18 or keep an eye open

Newcastle Jets: 1/10 - Last time we qualified for finals was 09/10. 7 seasons without finals and 2 wooden spoons in the last 3 seasons. Much like their UK namesake, lots of instability, managerial changes and bungles has soaked the club in mediocrity. Thankfully the Toon got Rafa to break that cycle and the Jets have turned to Ernie Merrick for next season. Exciting times ahead. :$

Other teams I keep an eye on:

FC Metz - 8/10. Promoted to Ligue 1 at the end of last season and finished 14th in their first season back. Hopefully can consolidate their spot next season.

Inter - 7th in Serie A, manager changes a plenty (3?) in a disappointing season. 5/10 at best.

Blunderland. 11/10 - fantastic season. Many great moments. A true season to remember.

6/10 now start of the year we had 4 competitions that we were competing in well 5 if you include the community shield we won 2 out of 4 or 3 out of 5 if you include the mickey mouse community shield crap. 2 trophies and back in the champions league makes it a success but the way we played deducts a point. still baily had a good year got more games into rashford etc.

now have to get the right players in the squad

Why Metz?

Haha I think it was from my childhood days of playing Age of Empires 2. There was the Joan of Arc campaign and from memory in the first mission, one of the companions to Joan was Jean De Metz (might have been the narrator or something too IIRC). Dunno why but I just thought he was cool - so when I found out there was a football club with the same name, they won my allegiance lol.

Mind you, I also support (or have a soft spot) for Le Mans FC due to the 24 hour race. They've gone off a cliff though the last few years. Liquidated and reformed as an amateur side - now languishing somewhere in the 5th tier I think.

Actually cannot pick one club whose performance exceeded or even matched my expectations. :(

Melbourne City
- the most expensive squad in the history of the A-League managed an FFA Cup win but played well short of their capability in the league. A bitterly disappointing finals exit has left me pretty disillusioned with the club at the moment.

Aston Villa
- to not be in promotion contention at any stage was very disappointing. Streak of 11 (?) games winless for a traditional PL club in the Championship is pretty terrible. Below par.

Fiorentina - a definite step down on previous seasons and no European football is tough to stomach. Had some good wins at home (e.g. beating Juve), but were shown up by teams near the foot of the table away. A fair bit of discontent at the club with the manager and owners both attracting scrutiny for various reasons.

Saint-Etienne - a poor second half to the season meant they blew any chance of European football. A distinct lack of goal scoring power was once again a big problem, and the usually solid defence showed cracks late in the season. Long term manager Christophe Galtier has moved on, heralding a change of era.

TSV 1860 München - this has all of the hallmarks of a club in crisis. A raft of managerial changes in recent years, a poor stadium deal at the Allianz Arena with no resolution in sight, an "investor" who has grand plans but fails to deliver on them, and on field, a third successive season of under-performing with the club's position in the 2. Bundesliga still in doubt (relegation playoff). Relegation to the 3. Liga would be a massive fall from grace for a once proud "Traditionsverein".

6/10.

Won 3 out of a possible 5 trophies, but our PL form and style of play (lack of goals) was very poor for much of the season.

Looking forward to an improvement on that next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back