How did your teams fair in Season 2016/17?

Remove this Banner Ad

England: FC United - (tier 6) - finished 13th for the second year running. Got 1 more point, but we fixed our defensive issues from the year prior. Something to build on towards the future

Ukraine: Shakhtar Donetsk - Champions, lost 1 game (unless we lost overnight) with 2 or 3 games to go

Russia: Dynamo Moscow - (tier 2) - champions. Back to the premier league! :p

Germany: 1899 Hoffenheim - 4th. I'm happy, the original Leipzig. Thanks for taking our hate, haha. And we took 4 points off Bayern Munich :eek:

Rest of Europe I don't care much about.

Real Madrid won the league
Ac Milan went s**t for them
Manchester 62 is gonna be relegated (I'm shocked there's even a 2nd tier in Gibraltar)
Celtic invincible

Me even naming more than one team elsewhere is rare (except Portugal)

Arsenal get an F - abject failure.

When the minimum standard is a lowly top four finish and you can't even get that then there's not much else that can be said.

Arsenal's squad is full of players that have under performed - Ozil, Bellerin , Ox, Monreal; Players that have been poor - Giroud, Mustafi, Cech, Gabriel and players that (In my opinion) are not good enough for a team like Arsenal; Walcott, Ramsey, Coquelin, Elneny, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Debuchy, Welbeck.

The only players that can hold their heads high this season - Alexis Sanchez (who was amazing) Rob Holding (Looks like a very talented defender) and Laurent Koscielny (without him our defence was an utter shambles as shown in both the 5-1 drubbings by Bayern).

Special mention to £17.1 million signing Lucas Perez - plays 22 games for a total of 491 minutes - 8 goals 3 assists

Compared to;
  • Theo Walcott - plays 42 games for a total of 2197 minutes - 19 goals 2 assists.
  • Alex Iwobi - plays 40 games 1874 minutes 4 goals 3 assists
  • Danny Welbeck - plays 20 games 746 minutes 4 goals 2 assists
  • Alex Oxlade Chamberlain - play 45 games 1941 minutes 6 goals 8 assists

Arsenal's POTY - Alexis Sanchez (30 goals 13 assists)

Arsenal's Most Improved player - Rob Holding

Arsenal's "Nickin' a living" player - take your pick but personally it's Theo Walcott. 100k for a forward that averages 10 goals a season? **** off. Just **** off.

Arsene Wengers rating - 1/10

Team was never in the hunt for the title all season, embarrassed in the Champions League and didn't even finish in the top four. From the 3th of December 2017 to the 18th of March 2017 Arsenal's record read;

W12 L8 D1 including losses (all comps)

West Brom 3-1
Liverpool 3-1
Bayern 5-1
Chelsea 3-1
Bayern 5-1
Watford 2-1
Man City 2-1
Everton 2-1

Yes, that's 25 goals against 8 goals for in 8 games.......the team literally had no game plan, no cohesion and no heart/brains and that all stems from the manager. As usual, a late run in the league (April - May) saw Arsenal W8 L2 D1 to put some kind of belated respectability on the league table but it is merely putting a rug over the dog vomit of a season.

If the unlikely happens and another FA is added to the total then it will be a small band aid on the gaping axe wound that is Arsenal's squad.

Wenger's reign as Arsenal's manager should end after the FA cup fam, regardless of the result but it won't blud. Another 5th/6th place finish is on the cards if he remains for the next two seasons fam unless systematic and sweeping changes are made blud not only to the squad but to the way the club functions above and around Wenger fam, ya hear me blud.

Would the FA Cup victory make it a D+ perhaps?

cringe

Anyway...

Blackburn Rovers - Pathetic all season and then tolerable at the end with the introduction of Mowbray as manager. I felt pretty much nothing when our relegation was confirmed, both due to expectation and I'm sort of just numb to anything that happens to the club now. #VenkysOut

Melbourne Victory - Grand finalists, lost on penalties, you all know the story.

Borussia Dortmund - 3rd in the league, could be better. I struggle to keep up due to the time difference and a busy schedule but the fans on the forums seem to think Tuchel could be on the way out. Won the Pokal last night which is pretty grouse, but who knows what will happen. Wonder if Auba is on the way out. Still worried about how underwhelming Schuerrle has been, was pretty expensive. Hope Goetze recovers, returns to playing and reaches a level similar to what he displayed between 2011 and 2013.

Arsenal get an F - abject failure.

Arsenal's squad is full of players that have under performed - Ozil, Bellerin , Ox, Monreal; Players that have been poor - Giroud, Mustafi, Cech, Gabriel and players that (In my opinion) are not good enough for a team like Arsenal; Walcott, Ramsey, Coquelin, Elneny, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Debuchy, Welbeck.
Ox & Monreal have both had decent seasons, both have been some of our better players, Giroud hasn't been poor has done his job more often than not when coming on from the bench, he is a bench player though and should start minimal games & finally Welbeck is most definitely good enough to be playing for Arsenal even if it is just as a squad player, he offers a lot.

England: FC United - (tier 6) - finished 13th for the second year running. Got 1 more point, but we fixed our defensive issues from the year prior. Something to build on towards the future

Ukraine: Shakhtar Donetsk - Champions, lost 1 game (unless we lost overnight) with 2 or 3 games to go

Russia: Dynamo Moscow - (tier 2) - champions. Back to the premier league! :p

Germany: 1899 Hoffenheim - 4th. I'm happy, the original Leipzig. Thanks for taking our hate, haha. And we took 4 points off Bayern Munich :eek:

Rest of Europe I don't care much about.

Real Madrid won the league
Ac Milan went s**t for them
Manchester 62 is gonna be relegated (I'm shocked there's even a 2nd tier in Gibraltar)
Celtic invincible

Me even naming more than one team elsewhere is rare (except Portugal)

Bold bit caught my eye DB - what's the story behind Hoffenheim being hated?

Rich owner took over a very small insignificant club from a town of 3-4k people which didnt have much of a history

Ah makes sense. Germany seem to be more anti rich owners 'buying' success. This German Bill Gates character probably would have been more at home in England. :p

Forest Green might be seen in the same way one day (already are to a smaller degree haha).

Ah makes sense. Germany seem to be more anti rich owners 'buying' success. This German Bill Gates character probably would have been more at home in England. :p

Forest Green might be seen in the same way one day (already are to a smaller degree haha).
Dw, I might convert a Leeds fan I know over to fgr.

Rich owner took over a very small insignificant club from a town of 3-4k people which didnt have much of a history
I'm such a hypocrite with this.
The reason I ditched man utd is rich owners, but idc about it outside of England even when knowing the go with hoffenheim.
And I feel a little guilty giving am s**t for choosing hull city as I picked hoffenheim for the exact same reasons the exact same year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back