Strategy How do we fix the forward line?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol I’m fine mate just think any team that is down like we are should be brutal with the guys who aren’t part of the next tilt.

Play the kids before the older guys, results don’t matter if you are not making finals finish as low as you can.

2014 like everyone I thought we were a long way off but the problem i see now is on 2016 the players bought into every single thing Bev said and did. Now they look lost and some have little interest

We've already played easily the youngest team for most of this year, it's not as if we've got a dozen old blokes clogging the team sheet.

Tory's had two games this year. Against Essendon he produced easily my highlight of our entire season so far where he chased down a player known for being fast. Against Sydney he scored 2.0 on a day where our poor goalkicking cost us. Wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

You never know how quickly things can change. Most people wrote off North Melbourne and West Coast at the start of the year. They're looking in great shape. Everyone wrote us off at the start of 2015. If we'd have culled more senior players around that period because we probably weren't going to make finals that year, we never would've won a premiership.

Once we get back Picken, Dickson, Smith, Adams, Morris and Libba we can actually be a dangerous side, who could easily make finals next year.

We've already played easily the youngest team for most of this year, it's not as if we've got a dozen old blokes clogging the team sheet.

Tory's had two games this year. Against Essendon he produced easily my highlight of our entire season so far where he chased down a player known for being fast. Against Sydney he scored 2.0 on a day where our poor goalkicking cost us. Wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

You never know how quickly things can change. Most people wrote off North Melbourne and West Coast at the start of the year. They're looking in great shape. Everyone wrote us off at the start of 2015. If we'd have culled more senior players around that period because we probably weren't going to make finals that year, we never would've won a premiership.

Once we get back Picken, Dickson, Smith, Adams, Morris and Libba we can actually be a dangerous side, who could easily make finals next year.
Not to mention Dickson kicking what was probably the goal of the season. A cute little boundary line dummy coupled with a glorious checkside:

I really do wish I could live in the fantasy world some of you guys do.

Look at the players you have listed to help us

Picken - we all love him but he is one hard hit away from finished

Dickson - injury prone 30 year old who has lost his best asset, straight kicking

Smith - Breaks down every year

Adams - as above and ist he new Tom Williams

Morris - absolute warrior but he is near the end

Libba - gun we miss massively

So apart from Libba the rest are suspect at best.

This is not a quick turn around we go back further before we come up again.

I really do wish I could live in the fantasy world some of you guys do.

Look at the players you have listed to help us

Picken - we all love him but he is one hard hit away from finished

Dickson - injury prone 30 year old who has lost his best asset, straight kicking

Smith - Breaks down every year

Adams - as above and ist he new Tom Williams

Morris - absolute warrior but he is near the end

Libba - gun we miss massively

So apart from Libba the rest are suspect at best.

This is not a quick turn around we go back further before we come up again.

Dickson has kicked 13.3 over the past two years, so not sure where you're coming from there.

I guess we'll find out over the next few weeks if you're right as most of these players are due to return. Let's hope Dicko kicks a bag tonight.

Dickson has kicked 13.3 over the past two years, so not sure where you're coming from there.

I guess we'll find out over the next few weeks if you're right as most of these players are due to return. Let's hope Dicko kicks a bag tonight.

Dickson has kicked 13.3 over the last two years

Tells you exactly how unimportant he has been and it’s clearly time to move on and give the kids a go.

Dickson has kicked 13.3 over the last two years

Tells you exactly how unimportant he has been and it’s clearly time to move on and give the kids a go.
Which Kids are not getting a go?

Part of the reason I am not apoplectic when we lose and in misery for our future is our kids are getting a go and the vast majority are coming on very nicely that COULD give us a more significant turn around than 2014 to 2015 as next year Bont, MacCrae, McClean, Libba et el are moving into that experience sweet spot, Engloish has another pre season in the gym, Naughton and Cordy as KPD's have had the rest of the year together, hopefully so have Boyd and Shache, Richards too. The core is much stronger than 2014.

I agree with Jong, Honeychurch, Webb and Campbell and would look at 3 more during the trade and draft period

Which Kids are not getting a go?

Part of the reason I am not apoplectic when we lose and in misery for our future is our kids are getting a go and the vast majority are coming on very nicely that COULD give us a more significant turn around than 2014 to 2015 as next year Bont, MacCrae, McClean, Libba et el are moving into that experience sweet spot, Engloish has another pre season in the gym, Naughton and Cordy as KPD's have had the rest of the year together, hopefully so have Boyd and Shache, Richards too. The core is much stronger than 2014.

I agree with Jong, Honeychurch, Webb and Campbell and would look at 3 more during the trade and draft period

Keep playing the kids.

Tell me the advantage of bringing Dickson in over a kid?? People cannot be delusional enough to think we can make finals can they? So if MOST agree we won’t what is the point of bringing in blokes that are done or nearly done?

Keep playing the kids.

Tell me the advantage of bringing Dickson in over a kid?? People cannot be delusional enough to think we can make finals can they? So if MOST agree we won’t what is the point of bringing in blokes that are done or nearly done?
Too much inexperience leads to Hell. Well the Dees under Neeld...

Keep playing the kids.

You'd also keep Morris in the VFL all season?

Like the Schache/Boyd forward line tonight with Rough hopefully do majority rucking. Let's give these two a run at our forward line even if it doesn't happen for them for a while. Could be lethal once they gel and IF they can live up to potential or even get close to their potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First half last night, we actually had a decent structure. What we desperately need is a genuine, quality small forward or two!

Like the Schache/Boyd forward line tonight with Rough hopefully do majority rucking. Let's give these two a run at our forward line even if it doesn't happen for them for a while. Could be lethal once they gel and IF they can live up to potential or even get close to their potential.
Yes, but not Roughead in the ruck. Complete liability and is finished. Tom Campbell or English when back from injury. Even Schache/Trengove/Boyd to share ruck.

We can by start making leads instead of standing stationary and pointing where they want the ball kicked.

It always inevitably ends up kicked long on top of their heads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back