How do we want the club to approach the Jack Viney option?

How to deal with the drafting option of Jack Viney if he is nominated by another club at pick 1 or2?

• Take him at pick 3 if hes nominated by another club - he has red and blue blood.

Votes: 49 81.7%
  • Take the best player available - let others take the risk drafting a kid who wants to be a Demon.

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We have to take him. We've already signed him up. If another club gets him he might never get back to us. But mostly because we already promised him we would pick him under F/S. I want us to be the kind of club that sticks to its word. Plus, he has shown as much as any other potential draft pick. He's no more of a risk than any other player. Probably less. He is a tough player and hard worker - that's what we need on our list. If we got him and say, Boak, in the same midfield, Trenners would have the burden lifted and we'd have a formidable midfield before too long. Viney+Jones+Trengrove+Boak+Grimes = strong midfield.

We will take him if GC or GWS nominate him. And he's worth it. It would be nice to get him in the second round, but its just not going to happen.

The only outside chance is us finishing 2nd last, then there might just be the smallest of chances who ever finishes last not wanting to risk us saying bye bye Jack and hello Lachie Whitfield in the event there is a fair gulf in terms of there abilities.

we approach it with skill and ruthlessness.

After what Neeld managed to pull off getting Clark, I have no doubt he will fin a way for us to get Viney with our 2nd rounder.

We must not let the opportunity slip to have picks 3, 4 and 12, and VIney as the cream on the cake.

"Strong" absolutely. But also fairly slow, and not a single elite kick in there...

he forgot Jordan Gysberts, who is going to be special and is a great user.

Not to mention whoever we get at pick 4, possibly Jimmy Toumpas.

Exciting times.

I would take him if he is rated close to pick 5 as we will get him and pick 3 really. At this stage i believe Viney to bei n the top 3 players so wont be an issue

we approach it with skill and ruthlessness.

After what Neeld managed to pull off getting Clark, I have no doubt he will fin a way for us to get Viney with our 2nd rounder.

We must not let the opportunity slip to have picks 3, 4 and 12, and VIney as the cream on the cake.

Not to mention whoever we get at pick 4, possibly Jimmy Toumpas.

Exciting times.

I've never seen anything to make me think that Gysberts is a great user. He's just another in and under type (a very promising clearence player in the making IMO).

Was he known for his kicking at junior level?

And I can't see us getting Boak and retaining pick 4 (or whatever that pick turns out to be).

I've never seen anything to make me think that Gysberts is a great user. He's just another in and under type (a very promising clearence player in the making IMO).

Was he known for his kicking at junior level?

And I can't see us getting Boak and retaining pick 4 (or whatever that pick turns out to be).

he is in and under, and outside too.

He does it all.

I would love Viney at the Dees but Im surprised Im in the minority who think we should go for the best 2 kids available and wait for Viney to plead for a trade back to the Dees in a few years time.

If Viney is rated say 6th best in the draft and someone else nominates him, we would end up with the 2nd and 3rd best in the draft rather than 6th and 4th best..

I would love Viney at the Dees but Im surprised Im in the minority who think we should go for the best 2 kids available and wait for Viney to plead for a trade back to the Dees in a few years time.

If Viney is rated say 6th best in the draft and someone else nominates him, we would end up with the 2nd and 3rd best in the draft rather than 6th and 4th best..
Yeah its an interesting one.

The F/S rule was created to allow family legacies to maintained. The current system in this instance is a penalty of sorts if we are forced to reach and take Viney at P3 if he is in fact not rated that highly.

Of course we don't have to take him, but it'd be a big call if Sheedy did bid and we said all yours mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Wholeheartedly!

But I can understand the argument that Viney is a known quantity who we expect will be able to impact at AFL level from round 1, 2013.

he is in and under, and outside too.

He does it all.

WOW, are you Jordan Gysberts' boyfriend? Why to you keep pumping him up?

I want him to be a great player too, but surely you are pulling someones leg? An in joke perhaps?

The way talk i might put some cash on him for the Brownlow, what games would he have polled well in this year? Just out of interest so i can mark them down for Brownlow night.

I sat next to Mark Neeld on the reality bus the other day and he told me Gysberts played for Casey Seconds on the weekend, i told him to GTFO, Gysberts is a star i said.

WOW, are you Jordan Gysberts' boyfriend? Why to you keep pumping him up?

I want him to be a great player too, but surely you are pulling someones leg? An in joke perhaps?

The way talk i might put some cash on him for the Brownlow, what games would he have polled well in this year? Just out of interest so i can mark them down for Brownlow night.

I sat next to Mark Neeld on the reality bus the other day and he told me Gysberts played for Casey Seconds on the weekend, i told him to GTFO, Gysberts is a star i said.

He played there because he's returning from a broken jaw.

We take him.

Scouting reports indicate if he wasn't F/S he would contend with Whitfield for #1.
People continue to pop into this thread with these types of comments, yet none are backed up with anything!

I get that he's good, currently a monty for a top ten pick. But I consume just as much footy media and forum gossip as the next bloke (with a heavy MFC bias), and I've never seen, heard or read that JV has been compared to Whitfield!

I'm so sick of MFC people viewing JV through such rose colored glasses.

Back