Oppo Camp How do you feel about Daisy now?

Daisy is about to enter his 6th season at Carlton. Hard to believe.

When he signed for them I was just about as angry as I have ever been. Like most, I loved Daisy.

Five years on I barely notice him when we play them. He’s become irrelevant to me. When I watch the 2010 flag I see him as a completely different player. Daisy played for us, Thomas plays for them.

How do you feel?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sorry strange thread.

Hate too strong a word.

Sorry strange thread.

Hate too strong a word.
I agree.
But his transfer to Carlton stirred that feeling in many Collingwood fans, including me. That no longer seems to be the case, in fact I would suggest many of us hope he has a good game every now and then.

Baird

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I never hated him for leaving, I was actually glad because he ultimately got us Scharenberg.

Disregarding the whole Carlton vs Collingwood thing, he’s still one of the more dislikeable players in the league

Deadset flog now, I don't care if he won a premiership with us or not.
I would have agreed with you in his first couple of seasons at Carlton. These days my feelings have mellowed.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't hate Daisy never have but lost respect for him over that injury bullshit with the surfing rubbish. Not surprised he followed daddy to the scum, he will be welcomed back as a past premiership hero but there will always be an asterix against his name in my mind a I fancy quite a few others.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
A556669A-F721-4EC1-A789-4FFC4746A116.jpeg

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’ve edited the thread title. It should never be about hate.

I was just trying to say that I no longer have the depth of feeling I once had, and was wondering what others felt.
And that sir is as good a topic as any.

I’m very meh on him, in the past he won a flag, never really a favourite of mine, even in the old days. Good player and at one stage was slaying them.

At least he loves his daddy.
If he played for someone else always, he’d be a fine flog, now he’s just a Carlton flog.

He’ll return home when he retires and we’ll welcome him as a premiership hero.
Never a favourite but ok overall.

I don't hate him actually feel a touch sorry for the bloke, I think he is a massive dropkick though.
Yeah I think this is where I landed too.

Had he stayed at Collingwoof his standing as a player would’ve probably been much higher due to the level of footy he produced in the first half of his career. Now I can only remember him as a battler and when I think of him now he gets categorised as a decent but nothing special footballer like Wellingham, Macaffet etc. I think in my mind even blokes like R Shaw are elevated above him.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would "hate" him if he was dominating, but it's just kind of sad to see what he has turned into. One of the more electric and intense players in the entire league at his peak... But he couldn't be bothered with looking after his body and now he has paid the price.

It shows how players being just 5% off can turn them from elite A graders to mediocre bottom 5 players in the 22.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah I think this is where I landed too.

Had he stayed at Collingwoof his standing as a player would’ve probably been much higher due to the level of footy he produced in the first half of his career. Now I can only remember him as a battler and when I think of him now he gets categorised as a decent but nothing special footballer like Wellingham, Macaffet etc. I think in my mind even blokes like R Shaw are elevated above him.
Ray Shaw good blast from the past.
Was not too bad a player.
Never quite in the minds of supporters when the Shaw name is discussed. Should be overall well regarded.
Cheeky and clever rover.
Always with long sleeves too. I always liked the look of long sleeves on our jumper.

Back