How do you fit the punt into your life?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Always thought that the

Your a better maths student, if you have gambled . If I had kids, Id encourage them to gamble at under 18, as it would improve their high school maths to a degree.
I got a degree in stats and the only think i ever used stats on is the punt. Helped me no end! I also did pure maths at uni level, cant remember anything about it and dont know if it has any usage at all in real life!

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
I got a degree in stats and the only think i ever used stats on is the punt. Helped me no end! I also did pure maths at uni level, cant remember anything about it and dont know if it has any usage at all in real life!
haha yeh pretty much. I just finished a Finance degree, 1st year Business Statistics seemed like a Unit custom made for punters. Just learning efficient data entry & the impact of variance on a sample helped a lot, at the time I ******* hated it though as I hadn't discovered punting yet lol.

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Threw my first slip into the bin yesterday. stung. badly. had my head in my hands for about half an hour when I wasn't just changing the intonation of 'fuccccccck'.

Also spoke to the blonde girl in Doc Martens down the pub. braids this time. I was cashing out a $1 bet that won us $34 and told her I probably look like a degenerate. she told me she was addicted to one dollar scratchies. hun, I appreciate the chat, but they aren't the same. anyway, reckon she's into me?

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Threw my first slip into the bin yesterday. stung. badly. had my head in my hands for about half an hour when I wasn't just changing the intonation of 'fuccccccck'.

Also spoke to the blonde girl in Doc Martens down the pub. braids this time. I was cashing out a $1 bet that won us $34 and told her I probably look like a degenerate. she told me she was addicted to one dollar scratchies. hun, I appreciate the chat, but they aren't the same. anyway, reckon she's into me?

get the urn in here to give his piece

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Glenelg, Redbacks, Lakers
Ok, firstly my areas of specialty - Horse Racing, American sport (NBA,NHL,NFL,MLB).

With my racing I focus solely on SA racing. I've ditched Victoria except for carnival time. SA is my home state obviously, we are lucky over here as it's a smaller pool of horses, trainers, jockeys unlike Vic or NSW and it's easier to line up the form as the same horses compete against each other in a lot of cases. We also really only race Saturdays and Wednesdays with Sundays more frequent at this time of year. We have less trials, jumpouts to focus on too. I'd know every trainer and jockey by sight. I make sure I watch every post race interview as I find this invaluable. Also the pre race interviews on the radio in the mornings. One thing I'll never understand is why racing radio stations have an obsession with spending air time on "experts tips". Give me the trainer interviews over this crap anyday!
Being an owner is also an advantage as you get a lot of inside info on not only your horse but other horses from contacts you've made. You also get a thorough knowledge of the horses yours races against as you obviously dissect their form from top to bottom.I am also able to attend when I find the time even if I don't have a runner. There's nothing like being there not just for the spectacle but also to keep building my knowledge.
I make sure I watch every SA provincial and city race and would watch each race a few times rewinding etc etc. However I don't follow racing on the west coast at Port Lincoln as I don't have the time and these horses don't come across to the provincials/city meetings very often anyway.
After analysing each race I then mark down my black bookers.
One thing that frustrates me is sometimes I'm still trying to fnish my replays on the Friday so I struggle to get the form done properly for the next day. Bloody work leaves me little time!

Anyway that's it for tonight, I'll be back soon with part 2!

Last edited:

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
On Australia Day, I'd won a few bucks on Billie Eilish winning the Hottest 100. sent a mate a text. "wouldn't be troubled for some lagers?" and of course he came down. "where you wanna go?" "well i wanna shag the girl behind the bar down the street." anyway we ended up drinking enough beers that I hated the taste of beer. it was getting a bit lame saying "quiet night hey?" every time I needed to piss so I just decided to ask her.

"Hey can I get your number?"
"Oh wow, I am so flattered... I'm actually seeing someone..."
"What's your name? You're always here"

She isn't into me.

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
On Australia Day, I'd won a few bucks on Billie Eilish winning the Hottest 100. sent a mate a text. "wouldn't be troubled for some lagers?" and of course he came down. "where you wanna go?" "well i wanna shag the girl behind the bar down the street." anyway we ended up drinking enough beers that I hated the taste of beer. it was getting a bit lame saying "quiet night hey?" every time I needed to piss so I just decided to ask her.

She isn't into me.
Just tell her soccer has a goalie it doesn't mean you can't score. Works every time

Austoraisetheurn

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

Got my eye on her mate.

I'm a gun punter on the cricket.

Tall as well....lovely face and great eyes. I'm very handsome.

I punt to impress the ladies....slamming my phat wallet on the bar....full of reddies....ladies....form a line.

Austoraisetheurn

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

She isn't into me.

Sex is a texas drought

Back