Food, Drink & Dining Out How do you have your steak ?

?

• Rare

Votes: 21 12.8%
  • Medium - Rare

Votes: 88 53.7%
  • Medium

Votes: 34 20.7%
  • Medium Well

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Well Done

Votes: 12 7.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I find if I ask for medium it usually arrives just the rare side of medium and that's how I like it best.

Rib Eye, medium rare and preferably grass fed. Few hand-cut chips and a nice radicchio salad.

ybuve7yd.jpg

Dunno how people can have it blue or even really rare worse than an overcooked well done, hate the texture of it.

It has to be a good cut to go blue or raw but nothing beats it

I would say medium rare, but with a nice black crisp on the outside. For this reason I usually find myself ordering medium well at most pubs and clubs because they can never get it how I like it, either too cooked in the middle, or too undercooked on the outside, so between those I would rather the overcooked in the middle with the right outside texture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medium well.
Used to have 'em rare until I caught Meningitis and the Neurologist could'nt rule out the possibility that I may have caught it from eating steak rare.

Had something weird the other day bought some sirloin but it was strangely quite tough. Thought I must have cooked it wrong/too much inside so cooked it almost medium/rare on the BBQ, better but still tough.. Never had that before, should be the easiest steak to cook for mine but must have got a dud bit of meat.

If I'm at a pub I will ask for it 'blue rare'. I'm not sure why but the pubs I seem to go to will go up a measure in the cooking.

If ever I go to a restaurant I usually ask for 'medium rare' because it seems like a nice balance.

Last edited:
Scorched as * (seriously well done, charcoal) on the outside, and nice and juicy with a bit of pink (medium rare) on the inside

What cuts do people like? Lately when buying from my meatmonger I have been getting rump. It isn't the most tender cut but I reckon it's the most flavoursome by some way

Medium rare for me. Medium is ok but nothing more than that (unless I'm travelling overseas and unsure as to the quality / hygiene of meat)

At a pub - Medium. Which means it normally comes out anywhere from rare to medium well.

At a restaurant - Rare. Well rested. Beautiful.

Back