Universal Love How Do You Know You Are Still A Carlton Supporter?

Remove this Banner Ad

When your 20y/o old son brings home a signed "Best wishes" (to me) note from Peter Bosustow who happened to come to the Pub he works at.
He laminated it and took an accompanying photo and gave it to me.
And yes, tears were welling as I had a huge affinity with the Buzz as young fella.
Also had a dog called BUZZ, bit of a mongrel/blue heeler who could catch a Frisbee at any angle. When he was good ,he was a good buzz but when he was bad !! ;)

SOS came later, a very handsome black kelpie/shepherd cross with big feet and an awkward gate, but could he jump :thumbsu:
His favourite trick was to jump out of my old HG ute as it struggled up Bulla hill and rounding up all the sheep in the paddock before
I could retrieve him.

Funnily enough our current dog, a foxy/ chihuahua cross with little dog syndrome is called Bolto.... named by my then 7yo son after a comic/cartoon dog.
Nothing to do with Brendan..... I dont think:think:

Considering getting a Mastiff and calling it Patrick :D just don't tell my wife.

Last edited:

I just have so much emotional connection to this club. If you're wearing that magnificent guernsey or sprouting that cfc logo I will feel your pain when its tough and I will get overwhelmed from your smiles and joy when things are good. I hate to admit it but my mood in day to day life is effected by how this club is travelling, I have not missed watching or listening to a live game for 25 years. I feel like I have neglected them or betrayed them if I don't watch, kind of like the feeling i would get if I missed my own childs concert or game, I can't stand the feeling of them going through what they are going through without watching them in that moment and sharing that experience with them. Hope and loyalty are incredibly important to me and Carlton gives me that. I'm a sugar coater, patient and positive because I love this club unconditionally just like I do my own family. It's totally soppy but it's all true.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Indeed, we’re all here because we love the club.

I get so wound up in game I struggle to watch, to be completely honest. I have to repeatedly walk away to collect myself when watching a close game. And I think I tear up more for wins than losses.

It‘s not a matter of life and death - it’s so much more than that. :)

When you realise your old blues coffee mug has gone pale blue....
I’ve got a Blues coffee mug that I received on my 40th birthday. It’s pretty much up to date. Loyalty is undervalued in these times and that’s why I know I’m still a Carlton supporter.

I’ve got a Blues coffee mug that I received on my 40th birthday. It’s pretty much up to date. Loyalty is undervalued in these times and that’s why I know I’m still a Carlton supporter.
Pfffft Thy has still got one from his 214 birthday.. Clay mug with the CFC logo scratched into it with a spear tip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfffft Thy has still got one from his 214 birthday.. Clay mug with the CFC logo scratched into it with a spear tip.
Pretty good to have that mug. A bloody visionary. Club is only 155 years old(add the two figures and I’m pretty sure that Thy is older than that).

relevant bump is relevant....plenty of old clowns have had their say - time for the younguns to prove their navy bonafides........
You rang?

For me it is having your first jumper where you get to pick the number and you go with #9 for Ken Hunter, and then waiting long enough for the number to be held by a champion again in the form of a Brownlow winning captain. Hoping to add Premiership Captain at some stage next season.

When you have a cousin playing down the road for another club and you know deep down you would have disowned him had he kicked straight in the final minute the last time you played them.

When you've fought/debated tooth and nail on this forum over a player, strat or coach with no quarter given. Then you know you are Blue through and through because underneath it all, you care and are looking for that something extra to get the Blues to a flag.

I raise my glass to those that bring the insights that lead to the great discussions, that ultimately leads to the shitfights :p.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back