How do you rank the Batman games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Asylum>City.

I don't think the series needed to go open world.

Haven't played Origins and I'm not supporting the train wreck (on pc) that was Knight.

Order for me:
Knight - Origins - City - Asylum

On a side note, I used to get a stiffy over Harley Quinn, until I recently found out that her ass is based on a guy in real life.

Order for me:
Knight - Origins - City - Asylum

On a side note, I used to get a stiffy over Harley Quinn, until I recently found out that her ass is based on a guy in real life.
I dont think I have ever seen someone have Asylum last. Reasoning behind that?

The only problem I had with origins was the combat, it felt clunky compared to the rocksteady trilogy which was fluid. Otherwise it had a solid story and the best boss fights in the series, it's just more of the same as arkham city which is a good thing. Very underrated game.

Knight is the most overrated for mine, still a fun game but the batmobile and tank battles did nothing for me, and that was basically what half the game was. I prefer to be controlling the batman like in the first three games, not the batmobile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Asylum was definitely the best. City was pretty good.

Knight was Assassins Creed levels of sequel blandness, and Origins was very ordinary.

Batman Returns on SNES still kicks arse. One of the best beat 'em up games ever.

After playing through Knight I replayed the three earlier games. Asylum is still a good game but hasn't aged that well. Both City and Origins are superior to Knight with regards to both story and total gameplay.

I'd rate the series

City = Origins
Asylum
Knight

City was a significant gameplay evolution from Asylum, which was very linear, but the other two sort of just phone it in.

Still think Asylum has by far the best story. Really well paced, too - I think sandbox games have an inherent problem with that.

The story in Origins was rubbish, very disjointed.

Last edited:
Thinking about it, it's interesting how the Arkham games (the trilogy, not Origins) ended up mirroring the Nolan films:

Asylum/Begins - Unexpected reinvention of Batman, character wise and tonally. Relatively self contained story. Got it bang on.

City/Knight - Took what made the previous one good and ramped it up whilst still changing it up. "Darker" but not over the top like other things fall into the trap of. Much more expansive story, fully utilising the world Batman inhabits. Note perfect.

Knight/Rises - Ramped it up again, some argue too far. Batman's biggest challenge, the entire city is at stake and at war. A sense that Batman really might not be able to win this time. A story that not everyone thought was at the same level as the previous two, but most definitely a conclusion to the trilogy.

Maybe I think about it too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back