How do you rate Gillon McLachlan's performance as AFL CEO to date?

Rate Gill's performance as AFL CEO:

• 10/10

• 8/10

• 6/10

• 4/10

• 2/10

• 0/10

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't stand up in big moments, goes missing at stages of the game, has average skills, enjoys the preseason games more than the home and away season, doesn't like the fans, poor shot for goal, has a small tank after several preseasons, but most importantly....

Grand Finals won with Gill as CEO: 5
Grand Finals won before Gill as CEO: 100+

I think the statistics speak for themselves. He has to go.

Brilliant. However my fingers are crossed a scandal arises as Tom Harley is primed to take his job and Hocking does be his right hand man

Last edited:
On the plus side: He's brought in two new forms of AFL, with AFLW and AFLX.

There's far more negatives though: gambling has become more embedded in the game now, and crowd violence is up, while attendances are falling, and scoring decreases. Local footy is also struggling.

On the plus side: He's brought in two new forms of AFL, with AFLW and AFLX.

There's far more negatives though: gambling has become more embedded in the game now, and crowd violence is up, while attendances are falling, and scoring decreases. Local footy is also struggling.

Crowd violence is not up at all....There's merely far more scrutiny & focus placed upon it nowadays....Thanks to the Janus Liberal face of the conservative corporate owned & run media. Who merely use the PC brand as a distraction from the real & actual things that matter & make a difference to all our lives.....Like corruption in our Federal government for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has taken a lot of the things out of what make our game great. Silly rule changes, over-empowering rules on live crowds and a huge focus on being overly politically correct.

Has forgotten the essence of what makes our game great and is trying to do too much/make too many changes in a small amount of time.

I'd be looking at what makes local footy so great if I was the next CEO and going back to the drawing board.

2/10.

Back